Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Security Patch is not needed. I tried installing it. Says Not need with 1.10 rom.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ok...The updated just finished and I have everything restored, heres what I did:

1) Backup with Resco
    2) Hard Reset
    3) Run update from blank SD card
    4) Restore from Resco

Have to say so far I haven't really notice any dramatic differences in Blazer, it may be slightly faster, but not by a whole not.
    After I restored using NVBackup, all is good, and my settings are all back. I definitely am seeing snappier results switching between apps. I'm not seeing as dramatic a difference in Blazer as Mooch, but it is a bit faster. One big thing that I really like - the thing actually turns on and off when I hit the power button - no more delay there. Looks good so far.
    Yawn... Blazer seems the same as before, just waiting for a crash to happen shortly... (based on <5 mins of testing, of course)...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Ran the update. Phone info shows 1.10, but I'm not able to run the Recent Apps list. Holding the home button just rapidly runs through the launcher categories. Everything felt the same, including the crash and reset while running Blazer. Will try the update again.
    I did not get an updating modem message. I am on minute 33. Am I to worry?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSp View Post
    Okay... I got out of the endless reboot loop...

Without unplugging anything (power or usb cable), I pulled the battery out and hit the reset button. The phone booted up, and gave me an error about low battery, with a 30 second countdown until reboot. I put the batter back in, and then the update continued where it left off.

Weird... we'll see, I guess...
    Thanks! You're awesome!!! I had the same problem and did as you said, and its back to Completing... Will let you know what happens
    Hmmm I've been at the "Updating Device ROM" "This process will take 5 minutes" screen for almost 10 minutes.... yikes...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    Uh, I followed the directions to install it from the card, and when I put the card into the phone, nothing happens...
    Make sure you put the files like they appeared inside the zip, there should be a folder called "Palm" when you open the SD card with all the sub directories insides.
    endless reboot loop during the reset stage of the rom update. it will not stop. it tried soft reset, hard reset, nothing is working.
    Quick News, Chatter, Blazer, RescoViewer - it still takes an eternity to exit large apps. Seems like I wasted my time based on what I've seen so far. Haven't tried pTunes or BT (I don't have a BT headset).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Wow! I go to work and then it happens?! wtf.. installing now!
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    That is just it. The files can be extracted from ace-palmos.zip or in case of 680 low-palmos.zip. This does not use that it uses a rom file. The tool does not extract that.
    Oh.. I think I get you now. I'm doing it right but the files dont exist.

I can use the grack tool to open the room by aiming at ventura-rom.zip.a.pdb and then I can export it to an ace-rom zip file and it reports "exported correctly" -problem is when i open the ace rom file it doesn't have the goods but rather one big fat 29 meg file called Ventura-Release-SPCS-Dev-enUS.rom

So I guess someone has to figure out how to fiddle in that thing?

OK plan B- can someone with an updgraded 700p be so kind as to upload a rom dump like the 755p one that's floating around?
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    Make sure you put the files like they appeared inside the zip, there should be a folder called "Palm" when you open the SD card with all the sub directories insides.
    The Palm folder I am copying over only has "start.prc" and a folder "DeviceCustomizer"...
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I'm not a power user - will a simple restore using NVBackup do it after the update?
    I was able to restore using NVBackup with no issues. Yay!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Since this new version is supposed to support SDHC cards, can someone verify that an 8gb card works? I have an 8gb Transcend card in my Treo using the hack and I'm hoping this MR supports that...
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    endless reboot loop during the reset stage of the rom update. it will not stop. it tried soft reset, hard reset, nothing is working.
    someone posted above they needed to pull the battery to stop that. (or was that you?- sorry can't keep up)
    fyi...when dialing *2, the phone no longer turns itself off then on (with serious lag).
    Last edited by crawform; 06/04/2007 at 01:09 PM.
    I'm in the reset loop... I tried pulling the battery and hitting reset without any luck... anybody find another solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson View Post
    I'm in the reset loop... I tried pulling the battery and hitting reset without any luck... anybody find another solution?
    I tried it a couple times... first I pulled the battery and hit reset real quick, then put the battery back in right away. That didn't work, so I left the battery out until it started up again, and that worked.
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast