Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Restoring from the SD doesn't seem to be any faster. SO muuch for hoping for improved, 650-like SD access speed...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Does the phone app still show the number of unread versamail emails???
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    ooooooo. There is an OK button to cancel the call duration dialog after a call!

I know some of you really wanted that!

BT seems good.
    Here goes nothin'...
  5. BJ2
    Estimated Time:
    About 30 minutes

Elapsed Time
    00:46:13

Copying Files Executing Update Completing Update
    Attention: Resetting the device before starting update

Attention
    Your device will automatically reset now. Once it has finished, please follow the instructions on your device to continue the update.

You have successfully updated your device, and may now disconnect it.

IMPORTANT: Click Finish to Exit the Updater
    I note on the 700* update page (the one before the Sprint updater page: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo700pupdate/) that Bell Mobility 700P units (and AllTel, Telus, and Cellular South units as well) have a “no update needed” message.
    Are we left out in the cold? ... I’ve got similar issues to everyone else ...
    And if we truly do not need the update, why did it take so long for Sprint and Verizon to get this? ...
    Discouragingly, Mark
    I don't remember any 650 ROM updates ever taking 40 + minutes... Restoring items (35:10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I tried to run this and it says I have an unsupported device. It says I have to have a Sprint Treo 700P (which I have) and the update is only for Sprint Treo 700P's. This even after a hard reset.

Basically after a hard reset it's like new out of the box. I have no 3rd party software.

WTF?
    I had exactly the same problem as I mentioned earlier in this thread. I seem to be having more luck installing the update from an SD card. However, I don't have my AC adapter with me, so I'm stuck until I can go home at lunch and get it
    I, too, am experiencing the endless reboot loop after installing update.

Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    I don't remember any 650 ROM updates ever taking 40 + minutes... Restoring items (35:10)
    LOL, the 650 update did have a years worth of catching up to do! )
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    It has been over 47 mins since I started the update. Still have a few minutes remaining.
    anyone have the chance to test tether hack yet?
    Resco just finished restoring. Now comes the fun part...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Okay... I got out of the endless reboot loop...

Without unplugging anything (power or usb cable), I pulled the battery out and hit the reset button. The phone booted up, and gave me an error about low battery, with a 30 second countdown until reboot. I put the batter back in, and then the update continued where it left off.

Weird... we'll see, I guess...
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I have to update via the card.
    I followed the instructions to the letter on how to do it, but when I insert the card I am updating from it doesn't start automatically as stated in the step by step instructions.
    Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I tried to run this and it says I have an unsupported device. It says I have to have a Sprint Treo 700P (which I have) and the update is only for Sprint Treo 700P's. This even after a hard reset.

Basically after a hard reset it's like new out of the box. I have no 3rd party software.

WTF?
    The install from SD card option appears to be working...

Strange...
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    actually I can get the grack romtool to open it- but help a guy out- it's been a couple years from when I had to fiddle with my 650- how do I export it from the grack romtool to something that I can get the files out of myself? I export to a directoy and an ace fileI'm not lookign to create a rom just yet- but rather I'd like to experiment with compying some of the sprint files to a vz 700.

Short question- how do I extract files from the rom?
    That is just it. The files can be extracted from ace-palmos.zip or in case of 680 low-palmos.zip. This does not use that it uses a rom file. The tool does not extract that.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

spent about 12 or so minutes in the "updating modem" part. Now it's "Restoring items". I'm at about 25 minutes or so.

Guess we'll be able to delete all the 755 programs we loaded on.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Uh, I followed the directions to install it from the card, and when I put the card into the phone, nothing happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    ooooooo. There is an OK button to cancel the call duration dialog after a call!

I know some of you really wanted that!

BT seems good.

Where do you see this?
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast