Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 857
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I'm not a power user - will a simple restore using NVBackup do it after the update?
    I'd be curious about this as well. Will NVBackup even work with the new update. I know on the project's homepage the author says it may not work on the same device with an updated ROM. I'd be curious to hear experiences with this.
  2. mal5z's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
    Restore for my SD card went smooth. Data speed (checking email) seems to have quadrupled compared to speeds I normally get. YMMV

    Mooch: When you say that you restored from your SD Card, is that some part of the update installer program sequence (which I can't play with until tonight), or are you did you run a backup using a third-party application and then reinstall all your data and programs using that third-party app?
  3. cl191's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #83  
    Interesting it said "LowRiderDevice" isn't that the codename for one of the rumored product?
  4. #84  
    I have a bunch of new icons -

    CDMA Update
    DC
    ROMUpdater
  5. #85  
    I hate HotSync, and don't even have Palm Desktop installed on my PC. So I backed up all the data to a 4GB card, copied the installer to a 512MB SD, and am running it now. I'd hate for something horrible to happen (alerts, emails, SMSs) during the update, so I hard reset after backing up to the 4GB SD (even though it seems to do that anyway as part of the install).

    Waiting on the "Updating Treo" screen. I'm about 50% through at "Programming Modem"
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall View Post
    Unintall Sandbox came up during the installation. I had to hit "cancel" to proceed. It is still updating. As a precaution, it might be safe to turn off the sandbox feature if you have Unintall program.
    I had to do this also... I didn't know i had to hit cancel until I read your post though. My "executing update" bar went up almost 3/4 of the way even without hitting cancel, but then after I hit cancel it restarted the treo and started doing the "Treo Updater" part. So far so good... will report back soon.
  7. #87  
    20-24MB free space on device. This update requires at least 20 MB free memory available on your smartphone. Palm recommends 24MB of free space to ensure proper operation. Check free memory.

    So now what the heck do you do when you only (or I only) have 4.7mb free left on my 700p?

    Has anyone deleted stuff, or have you just done a hard reset then loaded the ROM then restored a back-up with Resco or the like?

    I guess I dont know where to begin since i'm far from 20mb and I assume others are as well.
  8. #88  
    I installed the update and the Phone Info screen shows I have the new version. Initial impression is that my apps are switching much faster, and going to the Phone app was definitely faster.

    I held down my "W" key to open Blazer, one of my Butler shortcuts, and that didn't work - it seems a few of my settings were gone. So, I'm currently restoring from a backup point I did this morning using NVBackup. I'll report back when complete.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z View Post
    Mooch: When you say that you restored from your SD Card, is that some part of the update installer program sequence (which I can't play with until tonight), or are you did you run a backup using a third-party application and then reinstall all your data and programs using that third-party app?
    The windows program status updated slower than the actual device, so I had removed the phone from the cradle before the program go go to a possible restore phase. Instead, I ran a full restore from TealBackup. It worked great (for me).

    Rom is updated to 1.10
    PRL is 20227
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02 View Post
    I installed the update and the Phone Info screen shows I have the new version. Initial impression is that my apps are switching much faster, and going to the Phone app was definitely faster.

    I held down my "W" key to open Blazer, one of my Butler shortcuts, and that didn't work - it seems a few of my settings were gone. So, I'm currently restoring from a backup point I did this morning using NVBackup. I'll report back when complete.
    Everything is DEFINATELY snappier. Blazer loads MUCH faster than it normally does (did). I'm having a bit of a provisioning issue, but that's minor IMO.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
  11.    #91  
    I just finished the second install (still didn't have the modem setup, though). Everything seems to be working normally. All my programs and settings came back, and the software revision shows as 1.10! Now to get my Bt and test it out. Be back in an hour!
  12. cl191's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    20-24MB free space on device. This update requires at least 20 MB free memory available on your smartphone. Palm recommends 24MB of free space to ensure proper operation. Check free memory.

    So now what the heck do you do when you only (or I only) have 4.7mb free left on my 700p?

    Has anyone deleted stuff, or have you just done a hard reset then loaded the ROM then restored a back-up with Resco or the like?

    I guess I dont know where to begin since i'm far from 20mb and I assume others are as well.
    That's what I am doing now, I backup with Resco and did a hard reset then running the update from SD card, wish me luck with Resco keep working after the update lol...
  13. mg48's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    #93  
    Last time we did this on the 650 everyone changed the name of their backup folder and did a hard reset before doing the UPDATE. After the update we deleted the "new " back up folder and replaced it with our old one and did a hotsync. Wala, everything was as it was before, only now we had the new update. If you had backup software going to your SD card you just did a backup, pulled the card, hard reset, did the UPDATE, poped the card back in and recovered you backup. All done.
    Mike G

    Touch (Sprint)
  14. #94  
    Two to three minutes left!
  15. #95  
    Strange, I lost all my programs and data. But some say they didn't.

    I had about 30MB free on the 700p and I updated with a blank 128MB SD card and the SD card update process.

    I bet the folks who get their data back get it via hotsync and they are updating via their computer.
  16. BJ2
    BJ2 is offline
    BJ2's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    #96  
    32 mins into it...

    I finally get to "Updating Device ROM" This will take 5 Min...

    Mine stayed on "Updating Modem" forever... From about 15 min. till 26 min.

    Be patient!!!
  17. #97  
    Okay, now this is great -- the updater just finished, and now my phone is stuck in an endless "Access Powered/Palm" loop.

    Wonderful. Any advice?
  18.    #98  
    Uh oh. I didn't have that last screen shown on the Palm site. Now what? The installer said it was done, and the software revision says 1.10, but is it really?
  19. mal5z's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I hate HotSync, and don't even have Palm Desktop installed on my PC. So I backed up all the data to a 4GB card, copied the installer to a 512MB SD, and am running it now. I'd hate for something horrible to happen (alerts, emails, SMSs) during the update, so I hard reset after backing up to the 4GB SD (even though it seems to do that anyway as part of the install).

    Waiting on the "Updating Treo" screen. I'm about 50% through at "Programming Modem"

    SKFNY: I'm in the same boat regarding the Desktop software, so I'm planning on following exactly what you did. Can you please post if you have any problems? Thanks.
  20. #100  
    aaaaannnd we have our first unplanned reset.....

    Trying to get the provisioning set up again but am having problems with it (I see this as a Sprint issue, not the device).

    Turned phone (network) off, turned it on..tried ##3282# to go to start provisioning and it reset.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions