Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243 LastLast
    Off to sprint I go. tried to hot-sync so I could use the phone, etc. All went well, but phone will not connect. Go to phone Info, and My number is not on the screen.
    Bob
    You can call Sprint with your ESN number and have them help you reprogram the phone number on you unit.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    2 hours later, I am home with my 700p working (except for Vision Services), and they installed the update - first one they had done. I don't notice much difference - still slow switching between programs, and I'll need to get the Vision reprovisioned before I'll know about web stuff.
    While waiting, played with 755p. The store doesn't even stock the 750p any more (I was hoping my 700 was tanked and they would just give me the 755). Anyway, the cool thing in Contacts on the 755 is a map button that uses google maps to show the address in any contact. I'd love that - I am a minister, have 1200+ members addresses in the Treo, and would really use the map feature. On another thread, I read where you can download the contacts software from 755p to use on 750. Anyone know where to find it, or have a way to email it to me at:
    rcowper@bellsouth.net
    Thanks
    Bob
    Install google maps and anycontact that has am address when you go to that contact you will notice a map button
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcowperthwaite View Post
    ...the cool thing in Contacts on the 755 is a map button that uses google maps to show the address in any contact. ...
    That's not unique to the 755. A 700p with Google Maps installed does the same thing. Does the 755 come with Google Maps preinstalled?
    Wow - I missed that (sure it was covered in other posts long ago). I assume it is pre-installed on 755, since I was playing with display model in Sprint store. Just installed it on my 700, and it works. THANKS.
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by rcowperthwaite View Post
    Wow - I missed that (sure it was covered in other posts long ago). I assume it is pre-installed on 755, since I was playing with display model in Sprint store. Just installed it on my 700, and it works. THANKS.
    The 700p + MR is similar to the 755p functionality (and bugs ). You will need to install Google Maps to get the contacts function - be sure to get the latest version, the older does not seem to work this way.

Also if you press and hold the "Home" button, you will get a quick launch window at the lower right corner of the screen that allows to quickly launch a recently opened application - just like the 755p.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtj View Post
    ...Does the 755 come with Google Maps preinstalled?
    Yes, I believe is contained on the 755p's ROM.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I just installed the newer release of the update and notice a difference in speed and performance. Even with Blazer.. Much faster.

Updated using SD method without problems.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    can someone remind me what the triangle is, post MR?
    Bob
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    As I understand it, the triangle means roaming. Of course the word "Roaming" also shows - I can't think what they have in mind - maybe if you can't read!?

Lynn
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I just installed the newer release of the update and notice a difference in speed and performance. Even with Blazer.. Much faster.

Updated using SD method without problems.
    same here. lag is not as bad now. it is a shame they did not do this 6 months ago.

i even messed up and did a full restore from a backup...still no issues. i will probably do a hard reset and just a partial restore later today.

i do not use bluetooth, so i cannot add anything on that. as long as the lag is gone and the EAS doesnt reset my phone all of the time i am happy.

one thing i miss is the envelope telling me i have new emails, however!
    Hey All,

I am trying to decide whether to try this update again. I was successful the first time the MR was released updating via USB method. However, within the week, my treo began re-setting itself 2-3 times a day and connected to the web about 25% of the time. I tried a hard reset and that seemed to help, but only for awhile. I eventually created a new user profile and moved things (apps, settings, etc) over slowly. Now that I pretty much have everything back up and running, I am starting to encounter serious freezing issues and web connection problems.

Do you all think doing the MR update via SD card would possibly clear up these issues? I would appreciate any assistance or thoughts. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndurantz View Post
    Hey All,

I am trying to decide whether to try this update again....

Do you all think doing the MR update via SD card would possibly clear up these issues? I would appreciate any assistance or thoughts. Thanks!!
    I think the problem you'll have is that since you already updated the ROM to1.10 the program won't install/run because it will only work if the ROM is Sprint 1.08.
    Quote Originally Posted by mflauer View Post
    I think the problem you'll have is that since you already updated the ROM to1.10 the program won't install/run because it will only work if the ROM is Sprint 1.08.
    I ran it twice-once via usb and once via SD card.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I ran it twice-once via usb and once via SD card.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndurantz View Post
    Hey All,

I am trying to decide whether to try this update again. I was successful the first time the MR was released updating via USB method. However, within the week, my treo began re-setting itself 2-3 times a day and connected to the web about 25% of the time. I tried a hard reset and that seemed to help, but only for awhile. I eventually created a new user profile and moved things (apps, settings, etc) over slowly. Now that I pretty much have everything back up and running, I am starting to encounter serious freezing issues and web connection problems.

I've run the MR update twice from the SD card. I ran it a second time because after the first I was still having some issues and lags.

The first time I did the upgrade I used NVBackup to backup and restore everything before and after the update process. This worked fine, but (after having to reconigure some things due to changes in the MR) I still wasn't happy with performance or reliability.

For the second attempt, I decided to do a hard reset, start from a clean slate and reinstall all of my apps. After a false start where I used BackupBuddy to restore selected files from my backup in an attempt to save time and ended up re-introducing some peformance problems, I now have a Treo 700p with the following apps that is VERY responsive and so far hasn't exhibitied any problems:

Agendus Premium 12
    ChatterEmail
    KeyCaps
    LudusP
    Docs2Go V10
    zLauncher
    Audible
    Palmary Clock Wirelss for Treo
    pTunes 4

I'm being very careful to only install one thing at a time and then test performance and reset times (since my soft resets were previously taking way over 1 minute to complete). I'm also doing frequent backups so I can revert to a stable state if I get into a bad situation (assuming the backup can be completely restored which is not a great assumption to make).

My conclusion is that the MR may have some marginal benefits if you restore your orginal backup made before applying the MR. But if you do a hard reset, apply the MR and then re-install your apps one at a time you may end up with some pretty great improvements.
    everyone is talking about speed....

i dont see any speed difference

does anyone with the so called speedy treos after the MR use 2day/takephone/zlauncher... if i switch back and forth between these programs there is always that white screen for a few secs before it pops up

i ran palm internals and it shows 10sec for time test

also loading blazer, i hold down shortkey "W" to get to web and there is also the white screen of death, if i have to sign onto vision or not

and my 1 yr warranty is up so palm wont give me a new phone, wants me to go through insurance
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but my battery life is now poor..
    Anyone else notice a before /after difference ?

It is def. faster than the 1st Mr.

Thanks
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    i did the first MR via usb when it first came out, then the next via card
    u think i should do another via the card......