Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    I've had 5-7 resets/day SINCE the MR where I had about 1 a day or less BEFORE the MR.

I getting mine replaced and will wait indefinitely to reinstall the MR. The problems I had are prefrerable the the Crashmaster it's become.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I am also receiving a lot of resets..

I think some older apps might cause problems because they were designed to work with the older version OS. It seems they made a lot of drastic changes to memory management.

I assume these will be cleared up when updates for the apps are out.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    My bluetooth with the APPROVED Motorola H700 or non approved Voyager 510 is still crap. While it is a lot easier to connect or reconnect or re-pair or whatever you want to call it, it now un-pairs from the phone after a call while I try to make another call. It takes forever to re-pair, and I've had quite a few hangups and disconnects while trying to re-pair. The freezes result in a soft reset. It's more frustrating than before because I get lulled into a false sense of security when I make about 4-5 calls an hour. But when I'm making 4-5 within a 10 minute period I get screwed.

On the plus side, my lag has gone down, and I haven't had any texting issues, but I'll use the keyword "yet" in there.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    My bluetooth with the APPROVED Motorola H700 or non approved Voyager 510 is still crap. While it is a lot easier to connect or reconnect or re-pair or whatever you want to call it, it now un-pairs from the phone after a call while I try to make another call. It takes forever to re-pair, and I've had quite a few hangups and disconnects while trying to re-pair. The freezes result in a soft reset. It's more frustrating than before because I get lulled into a false sense of security when I make about 4-5 calls an hour. But when I'm making 4-5 within a 10 minute period I get screwed.

On the plus side, my lag has gone down, and I haven't had any texting issues, but I'll use the keyword "yet" in there.
    This is odd, I have exactly the opposite experience after applying the MR.

BT functionality has gone from difficult paring, frequent disconects, freezes and resets to a more stable and reliable connection. My lag has changed little if any at all.

On the down side, new and strange behaviors have become a part of my Treo experience now.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    Check your cache size. It maybe too small and is full. This will drastically slow down Blazer. clear it and make it bigger. Also setting it to clear at exit will also hurt your performance. Check em, because after loading the MR it more than likely set your blazer settings to default values.

I've always had the cache to clear at exit. It was set for 4 MB. I just bumped it to 6 mb.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I would just like to say my 700p is working great after the MR update. All my BT issues are solved and have been working great. I have a HS850.
    I've now updated 3 700p's all with the SD version with out a hard reset or any other measures and all of them having different software setups and all have gone just fine. I also have a Voyager 510 and it would never stay connected after making just a single call before the update and now it still disconnects but when ever someone calls me or I make a call it auto connects and works great so that issue is solved for me. I've make quite a few calls since I updated my treo on the 4th and it hasn't failed once re-connecting.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I've been at peace with the MR also. I do notice that I cant get a data connection anymore while roaming, (I have to roam to get high speed data since there isn on Power Vision in Savannah, Ga. yet) and while roaming there's this triangle on the screen now that was never there before and never in any of my previous Treos (600, 650). Anyone else??
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I've now updated 3 700p's all with the SD version with out a hard reset or any other measures and all of them having different software setups and all have gone just fine. I also have a Voyager 510 and it would never stay connected after making just a single call before the update and now it still disconnects but when ever someone calls me or I make a call it auto connects and works great so that issue is solved for me. I've make quite a few calls since I updated my treo on the 4th and it hasn't failed once re-connecting.
    That is what I did with the SD card update...I did not hard reset my device. I updated with my device as is. I am not saying hard resetting before attempting the update is wrong but not doing a hard reset doesn't seem to hurt. My 700 is still working better than ever.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    I've been at peace with the MR also. I do notice that I cant get a data connection anymore while roaming, (I have to roam to get high speed data since there isn on Power Vision in Savannah, Ga. yet) and while roaming there's this triangle on the screen now that was never there before and never in any of my previous Treos (600, 650). Anyone else??
    This Triangle...cool isn't it. Is it a 755p thing?

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...p-C2929129.jpg
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have the triangle on my 700p after the MR. Is it just another symbol for roaming? I asked Sprint and they didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    I get the triangle too!! I was wondering what it was...

I did the MR via SD card with hard reset, flawless installation. I went ahead and took the extra time to reinstall all apps individually, just in case. So far it's been pretty solid. Although I have to admit... I get the blurry text, but only occasionally. And I also get the tones when I press various buttons, but it's rare and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, so I'm not sure what that's all about. All in all it is more stable and the lags seem much better. My bluetooth now works with my TomTom Go 700, but I can't seem to get the settings right for TomTom to be able to use the 700p as a data connection.... Any ideas??
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    I have had the same experience as TechieChick minus the triangle. Once I reinstalled apps individually as is well.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
    I have the triangle on my 700p after the MR. Is it just another symbol for roaming? I asked Sprint and they didn't know.
    Yes, the triangle is the new roaming indicator introduced by the MR.
    I have had more resets since the MR too.
    I can pretty much always connect to a call now which is a very pleasant change. It's only when I receive and/or place calls in rapid succession do I have a disconnect problem with an inability to quickly reconnect. And when it says it's connected with the headset symbol in the top right and in the call box, I'll have no sound in the headset. That problem is brand new since the MR.

One nice thing (in general) is I never did the BT PAM hack before. and it works great as I'm using it now. Nice not having to rely on wifi when I'm in a pinch.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I also have a Voyager 510 and it would never stay connected after making just a single call before the update and now it still disconnects but when ever someone calls me or I make a call it auto connects and works great so that issue is solved for me. I've make quite a few calls since I updated my treo on the 4th and it hasn't failed once re-connecting.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Could someone email me the MR update who might have taken the instructions off the website? Would like to give it a shot...

plevatino @ aol

thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by levatino View Post
    Could someone email me the MR update who might have taken the instructions off the website? Would like to give it a shot...

plevatino @ aol

thanks all!

Its too big of a file to email you. Check out this link to a thread and inside theres a link that you can D-L it from.

Good luck.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144948
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by levatino View Post

plevatino @ aol

thanks all!
    As far as instructions on how to do the MR update they have been posted in several threads ad nausium. Im sure if you do a little sleuthing youll find them right quick.

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    has anyone here been able to establish a data connection while roaming since the MR? I have not.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....