Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    I've been lurking here a while, and finally decided to register and throw my small issue out.

I updated just fine with the SD card, even though I had to manually reinstall my apps. The phone and palm functions run incredibly faster! My bluetooth got hosed, however. I could sync it with my new Toyota Prius, even though it would dump the car about once a month requiring a hard reset to pair up again. Now, not even a hard reset will get the BT functions going. It did update to BT 3.1.2.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by aerojef View Post
    I've been lurking here a while, and finally decided to register and throw my small issue out.

I updated just fine with the SD card, even though I had to manually reinstall my apps. The phone and palm functions run incredibly faster! My bluetooth got hosed, however. I could sync it with my new Toyota Prius, even though it would dump the car about once a month requiring a hard reset to pair up again. Now, not even a hard reset will get the BT functions going. It did update to BT 3.1.2.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Some are saying they have had success my manually connecting.... Bluetooth> Setup Devices > Trusted devices > Highlight the Device > Hit menu button and then connect
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    Some are saying they have had success my manually connecting.... Bluetooth> Setup Devices > Trusted devices > Highlight the Device > Hit menu button and then connect
    Not to insult your intelligence, but have you tried to repair it?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I'm having the same issues that some have been having. Things worked fine, at first-I honestly didn't notice a difference in anything at all (pTunes ran better, I guess).

Then today I'm noticing all kinds of weird tones coming out of the speakers, even with the sound switched off. SMS is lagging SEVERELY. The most annoying thing, however is that it dumps Power Vision indiscriminately, requiring a log on from page to page, essentially killing my surfing.

Things weren't bugging me that much before, since I haven't used my BT that much. SHould've left well-enough alone. STUPID STUPID STUPID.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aerojef View Post

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Same here! I updated with NO problems. I backed up every thing, used an extra SD card I had laying around. Did a hard reset. I did the update. did a soft reset, then restored everything using CardBackup. No problems whatsoever so far. Anyone else have a flawless install?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Same here! I updated with NO problems. I backed up every thing, used an extra SD card I had laying around. Did a hard reset. I did the update. did a soft reset, then restored everything using CardBackup. No problems whatsoever so far. Anyone else have a flawless install?
    Same method, same smooth results...DrJaw disregard the PM I just sent you.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I also had a flawless install doing the same thing Djraw did. Backup, Hard reset, install MR (via cable), restore. Everything works and my aliph jawbone stays connected. I did get some kind of bluetooth error during restore which I just ignored.. I had to re-pair my BT devices but that's it.
    Here's my log of activity for this firmware update...

Backup onto PC as well as multiple SD Cards (to be safe)
    Prepare SD card with update...

4:07 Hard Reset
    4:08 Start by clickign Proceed button [Please Wait]
    4:10 Updating Device Rom (5 Mins)
    4:15 Phone automatically reset, Apps showed, card apps showed
    4:16 Updating Treo
    4:34 Reset
    4:35 Stylus Recalibration, Date/Time setup, Demo,
    Update Completed

4:37 Restore via BackupBuddy (Bluetooth files not restored, they were in use.)
    4:41 Reset after BackupBuddy Restoration
    4:43 Updating for Vision Service (Provisioning)
    4:44 Provisioning failed, but vision is working.
    Happy Camper

(Blazer prefs seemed to not have kept, maybe due to updated Blazer app?
    Cache wasn't lost, but display prefs were.)
    Last edited by rhong; 06/07/2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to add hard reset
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Same method, same smooth results....
    TreoNewt, drjraw,

Have either of you noticed random dial tones coming from the ear piece during system alerts? Most of those having the problem can recreate the issue by going into Sound Preferences, then selecting Manage, and then playing any of the listed sounds.
    OK, I guess I'll just wait for the updated MR and see if that fixes it. The phone is only 3 months old, maybe if it still doesn't work I'll try to get sprint to give me a 755 instead.

Got nothing to lose at this point, I suppose. Oh, I called the Palm tech support, and they said to trade it for another phone. I mentioned all the problems you guys have been having... (on my 4th phone, what, do they think I'm stupid?)

The guy actually thought that would be the best solution, even though I had only minor problems with it BEFORE the MR. Obviously software, not hardware. Some people just don't get it I suppose.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    TreoNewt, drjraw,

Have either of you noticed random dial tones coming from the ear piece during system alerts? Most of those having the problem can recreate the issue by going into Sound Preferences, then selecting Manage, and then playing any of the listed sounds.
    I haven't noticed anything yet. If so, I will let yall know. I'm lovin it so far. about to pair my bluetooth headset now. let's see what happens.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Thanks for your suggestion (although, in the course of pairing prior to things working, I still never got car to acknowledge pairing even after selecting connect). But this is what did finally work:

1) Pair the device as the phone and car instruct;
    2.) after entering the pairing code in the phone and hitting connect, I returned to the "trusted devices" screen, highlighted the "Hands Free" device, and hit the "menu" key and the "disconnect" pulldown;
    3.) hit the "menu" key again and selected "connect," at which point the car acknowledged pairing and everything began to work.
    4.) As others have said, I also made sure that, under "Preferences", "Hands free", the checkbox was selected to "always route calls to hands-free."

I am really glad to get this working again. It was a real letdown to have so much trouble pairing after the MR.
    It worked! I found this in a different thread. Genius!!!! Just an extra step we didn't have to take before - just doesn't auto connect to trusted devices until you do it the first time. Shut the car off, restarted, and it auto connected.

Good luck guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislachance View Post
    Then today I'm noticing all kinds of weird tones coming out of the speakers, even with the sound switched off. SMS is lagging SEVERELY. The most annoying thing, however is that it dumps Power Vision indiscriminately, requiring a log on from page to page, essentially killing my surfing.
    Chris you are not the only one!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144642

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    One thing I noticed is that now when it disconnects, it will connect on its own when a call comes in. It was confusing since some times it does not disconnects the BT.

For the MR install, I had to ignore the desktop progress indication, I only looked at what the Treo was doing. The desktop eventually caught up after some event on the Treo. It did take over an our and by the desktop indication, it sometimes looked frozen since even the time counter would stop.
    For those who got the update to work, is the tether hack still working?
    Did my own personal unit over the wire, and I have successfully updated 15 unit using the SD method, 10 yesterday and five today. Not one error or blurry screen. My time counter froze on 24:00 min exactly and then caught up to 29:53 after appearing frozen. Treo display stayed on and updating the entire time. My Treo has not reset since the update, bluetooth works even better than before and the phone app just seems snappier.

Update: after talking to another tech in my store today, he experienced the blurry screen effect using the same card and method I have used to update devices. I will need to investigate his device more and see if it varies in any way to my device internally. He already replaced the LCD and that did not fix it.

Muff
    Last edited by Muffnician; 06/07/2007 at 08:28 PM. Reason: content update
    Since I don't pay attention to those kind of things, I finally compared my post update 700 to another before update 700 and my screen is the same with no brown hugh or blurry text.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    TreoNewt, drjraw,

I can not honestly say I have noticed this behavior yet.

Today my Treo did freeze twice while SMS texting, never had this problem before the MR; can not say if this is a pattern yet, I use SMS constantly for communication, so twice in hundreds of messages today alone is not much to speak of.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Toccer now sends my 700p into the perpetually repeating ACCESS loop.

Update: it looks like it's not necessarily Toccer causing the problem, since I've deleted it and the unending resets are . . . unending. Hmmm... deleting Crashpro seems to have stopped.

Jeez! All this, faster battery drain, and unwanted random dtmf tones -- what a great update! At least my BT seems to be working properly.
    Last edited by UniPalmer; 06/07/2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: updated info
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    I have followed this thread since about the 10th post or so, and read every page.
    Last nite I decided to update my Treo, I am on a Mac and SD card was my only choice (and rightfully so) my steps were:

1) Hotsync and backup Treo (Backup buddy on SD card and Missing Sync on mac)
    2) Hard reset on Treo to reset to factory default
    3) Copied Palm folder to my SD card (it was my 2nd backup card so it was NOT empty, I just copied all other files to a folder and named it backup)
    4) Update took 28 minutes with 2 resets
    5) I restored via SD card backup buddy SD card restore.

Like some posters I have to admit I had NO issues at all. I took the extra steps to do hard reset and choose to do the restore myself. I verified and my software had updated to 1.10. Oh BTW, I checked my software version BEFORE i began and my software version was that strange 1108/1.08 version.

Findings:
    ALL APPLICATIONS work. I have to reauthorize most of my paid apps, but I was prepared for that:

Phone worked - no issues
    Blazer worked - no issues - was able to get online. I do believe it loads faster
    Dialbyphoto - worked, had to reauth (great app BTW!!)
    TreoMemo - worked, had to reauth
    Butler - fine
    Google maps - Fine no crashing - maps button shows in the contacts when there is an address. (BTW - I had crashing on Google Maps about 3 weeks ago after a I restored my Treo fixing some other problem...so I don't think the crashing people are talking about is always DIRECTLY related to the update, more so to corrupted prefs or something. Reinstalling seems to always work)
    Causerie - works - retained my settings
    mvoice/mring - both worked - both required re-auth
    TCPMP - fine - video playback fine
    Kinoma - Have to contact Cust Serv to re auth after updating to 4.2. I had this issue before, it thinks I have a new Treo. I had to battle with them last time.
    Life Balance - fine
    other misc apps seem to be fine.....

All in all I feel bluetooth is better, for me at least. Just got the Jawbone a few weeks ago replacing a stolen Jabra, but I believe bluetooth is somewhat better, range and stability. I am more familiar with Jabra functionality though.

Apps (specifically Blazer) seem to load faster but I had followed the steps in that "what I did to make my treo blazing fast" thread (ie trash the MM files) so I hadn't had too much lag since then. Maps in contacts is cool and the RECENT APS is cool, but the one in Zlauncher (which I only found out about after people started talking about the 755p app) is better and more customizable but for "free-99" the included one is hard to beat.

So I am not sure if this is helpful since I didn't have any issues to speak of, just to say that IF (and this is a big if) you plan on trying the update, SD card and HARD RESET BEFORE UPDATE as mentioned in countless posts IS the way to go. (gfunk I think has that version still posted somewhere)

In actuality...... in hindsight.... after reading 700+ posts I am not sure I would have tried the update. But I must be one of the chosen "neos" (there is no spoon) and all in all I am glad I did.

DT