Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 857
  1. #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Does anyone have the SD card version of the update. From reading the threads, it's the one that seems to have the best success rate. If you have it let me know. I'm feeling bold today. In fact, I may just slap a stranger AND attempt the MR update on my Treo. Should be an interesting day.
    I have a few cents.....

    1. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.
    2. Can you pick some lotto numbers for me 1-46; 6 digits
    3. Lastly, I got dibs on the carcass

    Goodluck....
    Regards,

    2smart4phone
  2. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    I have a few cents.....

    1. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.
    2. Can you pick some lotto numbers for me 1-46; 6 digits
    3. Lastly, I got dibs on the carcass

    Goodluck....
    Thank you Obe

    3 14 32 12 7 25

    No.

    LOL
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Does anyone have the SD card version of the update.
    What do you mean the sd version? ISn't it the same as the hotynch/usb/tethered version? I thought using the sd card is the same rom installed from an sd card vs through a cable. What am I missing?
    Last edited by coolgreany; 06/06/2007 at 08:22 PM.
  4. #664  
    gfunk already posted the file they're hosting it. see post #624 of this thread. or better yet... heres the link and thanks to gfunk...

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K9ZSEZTI
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5. #665  
    I just want to say I am happy with the update. I have been a complainer for a long time. But I would like to say I am very happy with this update. The phone works as advertised except for the camera. I am now happy with my Treo 700P the bluetooth terthering works fine, people can hear me clearly with my jawbone bluetooth headset, pocket tune does not cause my Treo to lag, and my Treo only crashed once in 3 days. I guess, I got luck with the update because my phone could have crashed too. I was tethering with my Treo all morning without any disconnecting. I wish everybodies Treo 700P can work perfectly. I high recommend getting the jawbone bluetooth headset it does a great job reducing background noise. I can live with a crappy camera due to the fact that I use my Treo as my personal office and not my digital camera. Good luck everybody with your updates. The one flaw I noticed is when I use bluetooth my stereo headphones become mono, but when you disconnect the bluetooth the become stereo again.
  6. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    gfunk already posted the file they're hosting it. see post #624 of this thread. or better yet... heres the link and thanks to gfunk...

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K9ZSEZTI
    "Download Limit Exceeded"

    What now? I want the SD card version.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  7. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #667  
    Tell gfunk to use www.yousendit.com instead.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  8. #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Nothing new in this report other than info on TomTom GO 700.

    I can now use TomTom GO 700 in the car as Bluetooth headset for phone calls. Never worked properly before. I did have to tell TomTom to delete the phone and re-pair before it would work.
    TomTom works???
    Awesome!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

    Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  9. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    What do you mean the sd version? ISn't it the same as the hotynch/usb/tethered version? I thought using the sd card is the same rom installed from an sd card vs through a cable. What am I missing?
    I think they are diffrent. one was 17 megs and the other was 16 megs. If I'm wrong, would someone who knows for sure correct me?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  10. #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Tell gfunk to use www.yousendit.com instead.
    If you reallllly want it I'll hook you up...
  11. #671  
    Oh WOW!!! Just saw the latest Verizon commercial with the main statement being "Hate goodbyes". It was promoting the BB 8830. Hmm, coincidence??
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    I think they are diffrent. one was 17 megs and the other was 16 megs. If I'm wrong, would someone who knows for sure correct me?
    I have the one posted by GFunk....
    PM me your email and I'll send it to you!

    Tomorrow's the big day!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

    Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  13. #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    I think they are diffrent. one was 17 megs and the other was 16 megs. If I'm wrong, would someone who knows for sure correct me?
    Yes there were two different files available. The SD version was offered to those that have Mac but works regardless as is computer independent. When unzipped this one created a folder named PALM that contained the files needed for the update, when copied (the whole unchanged folder) to a clean SD and inserted on the Treo, the update starts automatically.

    I have the original zip file for SD update, if you send me an email I can try sending those to you.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  14. #674  
    I have a Mac and when I downloaded the zip file it automatically put the Palm folder on my desktop. I used the SD method. Patch worked flawlessly but it did take longer than the 10 minutes they claimed. After it gives you the "successful installation" message make sure you eject the card or it will try to install once again. I also have "the Missing Sync" and did a backup right before then did a restore. Worked great. No lag, bluetooth works great, apps seems to work faster including Blazer. Tomtom works. Can't believe how easy bluetooth set up is. If anyone needs the files I can email. Good luck to everyone. This really sucked!
  15. #675  
    P.S. No offense, but techiechick is a BABE!
  16. #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Tell gfunk to use www.yousendit.com instead.
    Okay here you go again?

    http://download.yousendit.com/B9B53244635F9F0F
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17. #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by gopostal View Post
    P.S. No offense, but techiechick is a BABE!
    Only your second post and already hitting on forum members
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  18. #678  
    You can find out why things don't work right (like ringtones and stuff) by looking in a .txt file they dump on your computer if you hotsynced the update. mine was in mydocuments in a new folder named 'palm' and named Log_6_4_2007_13_28_09.txt

    this is just a teeny chunk of mine (the entire thing is huuuuuuuuuge and mainly errors even though my phone SEEMS updated and was running smoothly for 48 hours, now is crashing out, ringtones stopped working and I can't find most of them, docs to go vanished all together, the update removed the software that came with the phone, the software that I have is running great):

    6/4/2007 14:14:37:: Database(kinomaVideoMPEG4Lib): with version no(1) skipped and not restored
    6/4/2007 14:14:37:: Database(MathLib): with version no(1) skipped and not restored
    6/4/2007 14:14:43:: RpoPalmDatabaseInfoSet(m_hRpoContext, dbId, &savedInfo) failed: 0x4 (PalmErr 0x020e)
    6/4/2007 14:14:43:: RAM(149): Failed to rename MIDI Ring Tones--4d436e6c--736d6672--1.pdb
    6/4/2007 14:14:43:: RAM(149): Failed to put on , MIDI Ring Tones--4d436e6c--736d6672--1.pdb file. Db:0 and Info:0x0 and Error:0x20e
    6/4/2007 14:14:44:: RAM(151): Renamed - MMIDCache0--61736334--44613930--0.pdb.
    6/4/2007 14:14:44:: RAM(151): RpoPalmDatabasePut worked (A) - MMIDCache0--61736334--44613930--0.pdb, but returned KRPORC_RPCNACK error. Db:0, Info:0x0
    6/4/2007 14:14:45:: RAM(153): Renamed - MMIDCache2--61736334--44613932--0.pdb.
  19. #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    LOL @ Jaharr BTW my son LOVES your avatar.
    Thanks, Hdhntr23. Yeah, my 5 year old gets a kick out of it too. (Heck, so do I, that's why it's there.)
  20. #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by electricparoxys View Post
    You can find out why things don't work right (like ringtones and stuff) by looking in a .txt file they dump on your computer if you hotsynced the update. mine was in mydocuments in a new folder named 'palm' and named Log_6_4_2007_13_28_09.txt

    this is just a teeny chunk of mine (the entire thing is huuuuuuuuuge and mainly errors even though my phone SEEMS updated and was running smoothly for 48 hours, now is crashing out, ringtones stopped working and I can't find most of them, docs to go vanished all together, the update removed the software that came with the phone, the software that I have is running great):

    6/4/2007 14:14:37:: Database(kinomaVideoMPEG4Lib): with version no(1) skipped and not restored
    6/4/2007 14:14:37:: Database(MathLib): with version no(1) skipped and not restored
    6/4/2007 14:14:43:: RpoPalmDatabaseInfoSet(m_hRpoContext, dbId, &savedInfo) failed: 0x4 (PalmErr 0x020e)
    6/4/2007 14:14:43:: RAM(149): Failed to rename MIDI Ring Tones--4d436e6c--736d6672--1.pdb
    6/4/2007 14:14:43:: RAM(149): Failed to put on , MIDI Ring Tones--4d436e6c--736d6672--1.pdb file. Db:0 and Info:0x0 and Error:0x20e
    6/4/2007 14:14:44:: RAM(151): Renamed - MMIDCache0--61736334--44613930--0.pdb.
    6/4/2007 14:14:44:: RAM(151): RpoPalmDatabasePut worked (A) - MMIDCache0--61736334--44613930--0.pdb, but returned KRPORC_RPCNACK error. Db:0, Info:0x0
    6/4/2007 14:14:45:: RAM(153): Renamed - MMIDCache2--61736334--44613932--0.pdb.
    Makes me wonder if others who think the update was totally successful were actually only partial... maybe that is why some work, and others don't.

Posting Permissions