Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    PM me with your email address and Ill email it to you.
    Thanks!
    On it's way...
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    To all those that may ask if I can post it:

1) I cant post it cause its 17MB
    2) even if I could I doubt I would cause this is a public forum and I dont want and love letters from Palm Inc.

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    For all those who can't bear to wait for palm to re-release the update, I've uploaded the SD card version below.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K9ZSEZTI

The hotsync version failed for me as it seems as it has for most users reporting here, but the sd card method worked flawlessly for me fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks G...much appreciated!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by albertkarel View Post
    Has anyone tried Slingbox player after the update.
    I love my TV and am not updating until I hear if
    Slingbox works.
    Yes...I was able to update the MR and run SlingPlayer successfully.
    Not only works, but a delay I had when using the remote is gone.
    I got this message when clicking on the link:

We're sorry, but it's temporarily unavailable: We have received isolated reports of an installation issue, so we've removed the Sprint Treo 700p updater from our site. We're investigating the issue and will make the Sprint Treo 700p updater available again as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have experienced an issue with the maintenance release installation, please contact us: 1-866-750-7256
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Updated 2 phones using the SD method. Restored data on one with NVBackup, the other with Resco.

No problems what so ever.

All programs work fine. Sling, pdanet, chatter, etc. 8Gb SDHC card now works out of the box. Ptunes skips only if switching into a large program. Phone is much more responsive.

Very happy. :-)

Thank you Palm!!!!
    FWIW, here is what I did to get a nearly flawless update:

1. Hotsync backup
    2. Hardreset
    3. Formatted SD card update - approx 30 min
    4. Hotsync restore

This got me about 90% to where i needed to be. I had to restore my Goodlink backup, reinstall IBM Java, Google maps and put mreset back into RAM. BT performance is much much improved for initial pairing and staying connected. MP3s will hardly ever skip even changing applications, very impressive! The phone app seems to be slightly buggy (freezes occasionally), but the other improvements more than make up for this slight inconvenience. I also have yet to crash after the update. All in all, very postive for me!
    Can someone post the hotsync version pls??
    BTW if anyone like me is looking for a brief overview of the install method now that palm has taken down their instructions this thread (along with countless other threads), page 5 by NachoB gave me what I needed.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=144608&page=5

one part not explicitly mentioned was that you have to replace the "PALM" directory on the card with the downloaded one from gfunkmagic. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mn23; 06/06/2007 at 02:26 AM.
    The SD upgrade worked flawlessly for me. My impressions:

#1 - my Sprint 700p has been stable for about a year with no resets.
    #2 - delays related only to exiting Blazer and ChatterEmail logging into a mail server.
    #3 - Reset Doctor set to clear the DB cache at 4mb, the preferences locked and HandBase locked in memory.

What the update did for me:

#1 - seems a little slower switching screens in ZLauncher.
    #2 - the DB cache available after clearing went from 16mb to 14.5mb.
    #3 - the screen does not appear to be as sharp.
    #4 - I still have the delay when ChatterEmail logs in to the mail server when entering a good signal area from a low signal area.
    #5 - interaction problem between TakePhone and Call Block that results in resets.
    #6 - still no resets at all other than the interaction problem between TakePhone and Call Block.

If there were any way I could have saved the previous ROM, I would reinstall it, as this update really is not much for me. The interaction problem between TakePhone and Call Block has been brought to the attention of the developers.

Ben
    Problems with people on prior posts bricking their device is the result of backing up via hotsync(big no no). You have to rename your backup folder and load every app one at a time unless you have an actual backup application on your device. The only thing you should backup via hotsync is PIM data.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I got this message when clicking on the link:

We're sorry, but it's temporarily unavailable: We have received isolated reports of an installation issue, so we've removed the Sprint Treo 700p updater from our site. We're investigating the issue and will make the Sprint Treo 700p updater available again as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have experienced an issue with the maintenance release installation, please contact us: 1-866-750-7256

Yes, see the message posted on the previous page here by holyhannah.

Aznmode, yes, see the post above at 10:25 pm for the link.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Nothing new in this report other than info on TomTom GO 700.

Started update via HotSync cable.
    (did not have power cable because every one I purchase fails very quickly, I've been charging only via USB cable)
    Error that it couldn't backup several ChatterEmail files.
    Told it to cancel update, so I could do a backup myself.
    Everything hung. Had to poke the hole behind the battery cover.
    Did my backup.
    Started update again. Took 40+ minutes but finished successfully.

Constant failed attempts to contact Sprint Provisioning. Eventually I realized I had to go to Prefs/Network and change Service to Power Vision. That connected and phone was happy.

When it could connect to the network, I went into Chatter, and it rebuilt all my mailboxes. I haven't restored any of my backup but I don't seem to be missing anything.

GoogleMaps reset phone on start. That was downloaded via Blazer from google.com. I uninstalled it, downloaded from google.com on my PC, sync'd over the PRC file, and it works now.

IBM Java resets phone on start. I uninstalled it - I haven't been using any Java apps anyway.

PTunes looks like it's working, but I don't use it much.

I do now have that hold-home recent apps list. Don't know how much I'll use it since I'm used to Butler's implementation.

I don't use VersaMail so can't say anything about that.

I wasn't seeing a whole lot of lag when switching programs before - can't say that I see any change there.

Find still works, but I have option-shift bring up FindHack, not the standard Find.

I can now use TomTom GO 700 in the car as Bluetooth headset for phone calls. Never worked properly before. I did have to tell TomTom to delete the phone and re-pair before it would work.
    My update by USB went fine, except it didn't restore. When I synched again, it restored.

In general, all is well. Chatter sometimes loses knowledge of my SD card. Mailboxes are stored there. Exit Chatter, egect/reinsert card, and it's fixed. Obviously I shouldn't have to, but am just describing how to fix it.

Also, opening a browser link from within Chatter is extremely slow. Used to be reasonably fast.

Browser sometimes stalls, but exiting generally faster.

I'm ambivalent about the "improvements."
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    I can now use TomTom GO 700 in the car as Bluetooth headset for phone calls. Never worked properly before. I did have to tell TomTom to delete the phone and re-pair before it would work.
    The PLUS service seems to be working on my TomTom 910 too. However, I don't know how to configure it. Do you know how?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Can someone post the hotsync version pls??
    Here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWM7X2RW

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I tried to email the file to those who asked me to do so via PM and everytime I tried each one got bounced back.

The thing is 17MB so its very unlikely that anyone's servers will allow a file that big.

Sorry.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I tried to email the file to those who asked me to do so via PM and everytime I tried each one got bounced back.

The thing is 17MB so its very unlikely that anyone's servers will allow a file that big.

Sorry.
    10 megs is the limit for all free email services, except for gmail by google. they have a 20 meg max file transfer. but both of you would have to have gmail (it's free). that would work to email the file.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....