Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UniPalmer View Post
    One previous poster mentioned that Slingplayer is working, and one that it isn't.

I just noticed while out at dinner that Sling wasn't restored, so I haven't tested this yet myself.
    It crashed the first time I ran it, but after that it worked perfectly.
    Regards,

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by mflauer View Post
    .. After much consternation and discussion with support I come to find that they shipped my retail phone with Beta OS. My software, rather than "Treo 700p 1.08 sprint" is "-/1108/108-". Ain't that a *****. I've been their beta tester for over a year and didn't even know it.
    That number is what results when you fail to complete the MR update correctly (since I dont blame you for not reading, but cant blame others for flaming you because you didnt). I havent done research, but since I last checked, more people had more success (including myself) with the SD card install.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    MINE SEEMS TO BE WORKING, BUT ITS JITERY.

I AM SO GLAD I UOPDATED KINOMA BECAUSE THERE IS MORE ON THERE THAN SPRINT TV AND MOST IS FREE

(sorry for the caps and Im too lazy to rewrite)
    Do you have the Knioma upgrade? Best 15 bucks I spent. PM me if you need to know how to get it for 15 bucks.
    Did the Kinoma player get upgraded as part of the MR? Seems like my player went from V1.01 to V1.03 ?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    That number is what results when you fail to complete the MR update correctly (since I dont blame you for not reading, but cant blame others for flaming you because you didnt). I havent done research, but since I last checked, more people had more success (including myself) with the SD card install.
    I'm only repeating what palm support told me. It never started the MR update. Every time it ran it just proceeded to the next screen saying it was not supported. There was no interaction between the PC and the phone. No resets. Nothing. My wife has a 700p and I did the update with no problems but hers was a much later release. I also tried to do the security update when it came out two weeks ago and got the message that it wasn't required and I guess it was the same issue of a beta OS at that time but I didn't realize it. The phone is working as it always has and I would think a failed MR update would cause some functionality issues.
    Everything was going fine using the SD route. Now I am stuck at the "Programming Complete" part. It has been there for around 15-20min.

Is it still updating or is it stuck????
    This is the problem I am having. The update seems to go fine. But when I sync I get the endless reset loop. I did find that by doing a warm reset I can get out of the loop. But the phone will not turn on and when I hit the home button I get the reset loop again. I tried updating several times, same results. Tried deleting every thing in my backup folder and things seemed to work better. I am still trying to restore my apps.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
    I installed via SD and had no problems until I did a hotsync to restore my stuff: endless loop! I then did a hard reset and just resynced my contacts. I figure some program I had is incompatible with the MR. The entire process took about 30 minutes.

I'm looking forward to testing bluetooth. It will be great to reliably use the headset I bought.
    Group: I did the MR upload yesterday and it went as planned. The only program that was a problem with Goodlg Maps. I have since upgraded from the website and all is well.

My problem is that I still have a pause when I switch between VersaMail and the phone app. In fact, it gives me 3 clicks and an extended pause prior to the move.

I have very little lag before the upgrade. Any suggestions?

davidnotdave
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Everything was going fine using the SD route. Now I am stuck at the "Programming Complete" part. It has been there for around 15-20min.

Is it still updating or is it stuck????
    Nevermind seems ok.

I got a phone call while this screen was up and ignored it. It was then hung. I started pressing buttons and it reset to the target screen.
    I'm only repeating what palm support told me. It never started the MR update. Every time it ran it just proceeded to the next screen saying it was not supported. There was no interaction between the PC and the phone. No resets. Nothing. My wife has a 700p and I did the update with no problems but hers was a much later release. I also tried to do the security update when it came out two weeks ago and got the message that it wasn't required and I guess it was the same issue of a beta OS at that time but I didn't realize it. The phone is working as it always has and I would think a failed MR update would cause some functionality issues.
    I didnt discount the possibility of it being a Beta OS, but was just providing you a recap of what others did to be successful. In any event, sounds like youre getting a replacement, so its all good!
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    My SlingPlayer works.

Since the MR, I can not make calls throught my BT headset if I have my Seidio adapter plugged in that connects my Treo to my car's stereo. I use this for MP3s and audio books. I used to be able to make and receive calls via BT no problem when this was plugged in.

Oh - and Bizcon no longer shows the number of unread e-mails on the top of the main phone screen. I want that back.
    In regards to your BT issues (and maybe others), there's a new option in Preferences, Hands-Free. Check the box that states to Always route call to Hands-Free device. This may solve your problem with calls not being routed to your BT while you have your Seidio adapter plugged in.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Read thru and saw the mentioning of googlemaps integration with the contacts but I don't see it.

I did a HR
    Did the MR
    then restored.

I did not have google maps before the MR and did not see them after the MR. Installed google maps from the web at google.com/gmm and it works fine but I do not see the contacts integration. My contacts version number is 1.3.3 and Google maps is 1.1.1.

Do I have to load something from the 755 rom to get it to work???
    I'm using GMaps version 1.1.2 from the 755P ROM and all is well.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    the maps button only shows up if the contact has an address associated with the name.. (at least thats how it works for me)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm using GMaps version 1.1.2 from the 755P ROM and all is well.
    That did it thanks NachoB
    what version does everyone have for the 700p?? mine states 1.1.1....
    You don't believe the instructions on the MR? After update I have: Treo700p-1.10-SPNT. It was 1.08 before
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Read thru and saw the mentioning of googlemaps integration with the contacts but I don't see it.

I did a HR
    Did the MR
    then restored.

I did not have google maps before the MR and did not see them after the MR. Installed google maps from the web at google.com/gmm and it works fine but I do not see the contacts integration. My contacts version number is 1.3.3 and Google maps is 1.1.1.

Do I have to load something from the 755 rom to get it to work???
    Others are stating in this thread, http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=144607&page=2 that GMaps 1.1.1 works as well.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    Your sig seems to indicate you're leaving Palm Treo's, is this still the case

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    [...]After much consternation and discussion with support I come to find that they shipped my retail phone with Beta OS. My software, rather than "Treo 700p 1.08 sprint" is "-/1108/108-". [...]
    That is not a Beta OS release.

The memory that stores your Software release, along with your HS SN (Hand Spring Serial Number) and Hardware revision has become corrupted.

This has happened to me twice now. Both phones started out with the standard 1.08 release then got corrupted to "-/1108/108-". For proof of this with pictures read a few posts starting with this one.

I've seen no explanation for how this could happen, but obviously it does. The only known solution (to me anyway) is to get a new phone.

The effect this has is that some software will not run if it first verifies HSSN for registration (e.g. LauncherX) or Software release (e.g. Sprint Updater).
    Last edited by ERicJ; 06/08/2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Correct typo
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    You don't believe the instructions on the MR? After update I have: Treo700p-1.10-SPNT. It was 1.08 before
    What are you talking about? If you are referring to the posts just before yours he's referring to the version number of GMaps being 1.1.1, not the ROM version of the phone.

Palm Pre wallpapers