Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    I was able to update without any problems.
    1) Backupman to SD card
    2) Copied card contents to Mac
    3) Erased card and loaded update
    4) Hard reset
    5) Updated from SD card while connected to charger. Update took just under 30 minutes
    6) Copied original contents back to SD card and restored from Backupman.

No lag switching to Blazer (before 30 seconds), no Ptunes skipping, Versamail POP account working fine. No orangish text. Haven't tested BT yet

I'm a happy camper
    over all.. it seemed to work okay for me.. thanks to resco..

1) download and installed resco
    2) turned off ALL apps that "run in the background" (onguard, chatter, etc)
    3) ran update (through windows)
    4) (update failed at the end because the stupid sync cable was bumped and got disconnected)
    5) ran update again and it said that it was already up to date
    6) several things were not working so I restored from Resco (GO RESCO BACKUP!!!)
    7) everything worked fine again!
    8) sync'd and was up and running.. (I did also reinstall GoogleMaps..)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Here's what I did:
    Backup using BackupMan
    Hotsync
    Changed name on backup folder
    Removed SD card
    Hard Reset
    Performed the MR (one hour) I pulled the hotsync cable twice in the beginning because it didn't appear to be making any progress.)
    Restored Device from BackupMan
    Perform a dbScan to remove deleted files (to avoid the hotsync loop). I did this after attempting to hotsync and got caught in the loop.)
    Loaded up Java to set for next hotsnyc
    Hotsnyc (handheld overwrites desktop for PIM apps)
    Treo attempted to reprovision several times but failed.

Treo seems faster but lag is still there.
    SMS is quicker and ending a call is quicker.
    BT will not connect after reset. I have to turn the headset off then on again.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    my update was flawless. hard reset the treo, hotsynced the update, and 36 mins later my phone was updated. never had problems with bluetooth, bUt the phone did seem more responsive overall. still doesn't work with pxaclocker, but oh well, i'm pleased overall.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I haven't noticed a difference yet...but just initial reactions pretty much told me that nothing changed...
    I just installed the Update and now I lost my Power Vision!! So I can't receive or make any calls. I checked Prefs>Network and everything got erased! I never had any problems updating my Treo 600 and 650 before! I guess it's time for me to call Sprint.
    I have the same issue; it really is quite bothersome.
    Against my better judgement, I updated. Phone was working well before except the p-tunes skipping and lags in blazer. I backed up the data, did a hard reset, ran the update, reinstalled the data and the phone is now working better in theory. Lost some preferences, a P-tunes code, slingplayer, ms-pacman, and iphony. Reinstalled all of them and got my phone about where it was before. Blazer seems to work better, the music skipping has stopped so I guess it was a success. Took 3 hours to find my codes, install missing apps, and reset preferences. Overall I guess I can't complain but I am not doing cartwheels either.
    Mine update took a little over an hour. Once the update was done, the update application crashed on my Windows XP laptop (the update was successful, though).

Like many who posted, the Google Maps version I got in the ROM updated caused a reboot every time I ran it (either from programs menu or map button). I re-installed Google Maps via the over-the-air installation (link at top of http://maps.google.com from Treo device). Now all is well.

I do notice that there is significantly less lag going to my Contacts and switching between apps.

I haven't player with BT yet...I had about given up on that in the pre-MR days.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    can anyone else confirm that the "finding" (option+shift) something resets the phone? or is it just me?
    Works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I am using a MacBookPro, which I have never been able to HotSync (crashes when it reaches Entourage), and I used a newly formatted 1 GB card. I am on 30 minutes now and it says "prograaming modem."

Please, Please let this work, so the 4 hours I spent on the phone with Palma nd Sprint last week don't go to waste.

BTW, I also have Chatter and did not receive and errors about backing it, or anything else up

Keeping my toes crossed
    I currently have a 2 gig card. This update is suppose to make it possible to use 4 gig with no problems. Is that the case anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    I currently have a 2 gig card. This update is suppose to make it possible to use 4 gig with no problems. Is that the case anyone?

you can use the 8 gb card.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    4gig SD has always worked with no problem. What this adds support for is 4gig SDHC as well as 8 gig SDHC, which were both already available through a hack anyway. While we're on the subject though, does anyone know if Card Info correctly shows the 8 gigs of space on those cards, or does it still see it as two 'banks' of 4 gigs each.
    Well, I'm in it now. Backed up the essentials via hotsync (contacts, calendars, etc) as for everything else I will do a clean install.

1) Hard Reset
    2) SD Update
    3) Pray.... (I am here)
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    This might get lost in this long thread but if one has problems where Kimona does not play videos, one has to reload the program.

Go to this thread and have the prc resent to you:

http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?p=4491#post4491

Reinstalling the prc will fix the problem. This happened to me and reinstalling fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    WooHoo. It finished, I used NvBackup to retore. Had problems Provisioning, did it three times and changed the network back to PowerVision and .... Voila !!! Blazer is defenitly faster, the lag is much shorter and the phone, so far, sounds cleaer. Also, my Java apps worked right away too !!!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    sprint tv doesn't seem to work (or atleast.. not as well as it did).. still testing

MINE SEEMS TO BE WORKING, BUT ITS JITERY.

I AM SO GLAD I UOPDATED KINOMA BECAUSE THERE IS MORE ON THERE THAN SPRINT TV AND MOST IS FREE

(sorry for the caps and Im too lazy to rewrite)
    Do you have the Knioma upgrade? Best 15 bucks I spent. PM me if you need to know how to get it for 15 bucks.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Well, just finished this whole process.

Like I posted earlier, the hotsync method didn't work so I installed the MR using the SD card method.

I re-installed all my apps. from scratch. Yeah, it took a while, but all seems to working. The security patch is there. I installed the Google app. from the Treo 755 ROM and it works well with the “maps” in contacts.

Looks like the only thing I lost was Kinoma 4.2 (had to contact them to reset the key) and Blue Pill (Blue Pill thinks the Treo is a new device so it wants a new reg. code).

I hate to say it but so far I’m disappointed in the MR. I haven’t noticed any speed improvements switching apps. except Blazer seems to load somewhat faster. It’s early yet but I haven’t noticed any huge speed increases. I was hoping for blazing speed. Oh well, maybe Bluetooth will work better now…
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    Well, I'm in it now. Backed up the essentials via hotsync (contacts, calendars, etc) as for everything else I will do a clean install.

1) Hard Reset
    2) SD Update
    3) Pray.... (I am here)
    Ok update done.... total time elapsed.. around 30 min. It only reset once and came up cleanly after that (thank god). All phone settings appear intact, there was no need to reprovision (actually a voicemail reminder popped up right before it was about to reset after the update and had just turned its radio on, at which time I thought it would be hosed, but apparently not). To me it is MUCH faster, especially Blazer. I get the recent apps popup too... which I tested earlier today before the update and I definitely didn't have. I'm going to do another hard reset (for good measure), and then start reinstalling my apps). So far so good. Here was the procedure I followed exactly...

1) Hard reset
    2) Battery remove reset (did this to clear out any hardware not cleared by the reset)
    3) SD Update
    4) A second hard reset.