Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    OK, having reset issues when trying to hotsync after getting "failure to recognize device" during initial MR install (though it had the recent apps function and said 1.10)

I've done a factory reset and now installing the MR via SD. Just got to first reboot.....and starting "backing up items"

Think I'm going to hand install my apps this time as well vs restore from NV
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Programming PRL...
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canladdie View Post
    I note on the 700* update page (the one before the Sprint updater page: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo700pupdate/) that Bell Mobility 700P units (and AllTel, Telus, and Cellular South units as well) have a “no update needed” message.
    Are we left out in the cold? ... I’ve got similar issues to everyone else ...
    And if we truly do not need the update, why did it take so long for Sprint and Verizon to get this? ...
    Discouragingly, Mark
    HEY MAN!!! I just saw that!!! Hell no, we NEED this update!! The Palm tech guy I taled to last night assured me that Alltel would be getting the update around the same time as verizon!!!
    same here (programming prl)

umm.. updating device rom (keyboard is flashing)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm at the setup tap stylus screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Ok, I'm at the setup tap stylus screen...
    ummm.. I'm not not good.....

windows app is frozen...
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Done!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Babel, bummer. What happened!
    dont know.. it went back to Updating Device Rom and the status bar is gone.. it says is "This Process will take 5 minutes"
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I used the NVBackup->hard reset->MR on SD card-> Restore.

So far it's working great. I'm still testing, but it's definitely more responsive - feels like my old 650.

I didn't have BT problems previously, just a lot of lag. Jabra BT125 still works fine, haven't tested with the Acura TL yet. TomTom 5 still works fine. Still testing everything, but ti loosk good so far.

TomTom5 -OK
    DA 3.31 - OK
    Pocket Quicken - OK
    Chatter - OK
    Documents to go 9 - OK
    Mundi v4 - OK
    Verichat - OK
    Google Maps - OK

So far, it looks good!
    still going.. <praying to God>
    Wow, the suspense is killing me now... based on some of those earlier posts it was sounding like installing the update was analogous to flushing my 700p down the toilet, but at least some of these latter posts are a bit more upbeat. I'll be able to give this a shot myself in about an hour. I can't wait to risk toasting my phone for marginally better performance
    hows the treo runnin now dlai???
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianvacha View Post
    Well my 700P is a brick after update. Reboots to screen alignment then tries to start phone (sound and sprint welcome screen) then reboots again.

Brian
    Brian - You can fix this. Mine did the same thing and after pulling the batt and doing soft & hard resets (no particular order) multiple times i got it to work. I had to do the ROM update again but now its working.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Babel, I'm restoring my data via hotsync and it's taking a long time, so no update yet...Are you going to try the update again?
    it shows that I am in the last stage now (completing update.. as long as their is forward progress.. I am not going to restart... just yet )
    so you did yours from a hard reset?? .. see I just did the normal palm route... not sure if that was a good thing or not.. we will soon see....
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Stupid thing just did a reset after the restore...
    can anyone else confirm that the "finding" (option+shift) something resets the phone? or is it just me?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Yep, this after it failed the update the first time. Appears to be in a loop now, so I'm trying to figure out what the heck...