Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    It seems as if Palm did a poor job in testing this before they released it. Seems TONS have had resets.

I have had endless loops, the phone wont turn on, the digitizer is all messed up, etc etc. So I am trying the hard reset way.

Leave it to Palm to screw things up as usual.

I cant get anything to work. All resets and loops loops loops. It wont get past the digitizer, and then when it does, it re-starts and is back to point one. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, NO to erase data and YES to erase data.

Looks like Palm will owe me a new device. Either that or I may just throw it through the windows at headquarters.

I cant believe they didnt test this further. Oh wait, yes I can. They were working on the POS Foleo that is junk as well.

Morons Indeed.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I hard reset my device first and still got an endless reset loop. Had to do the remove the battery trick, then rerunn the installer. It worked the second time.

This was the fist time I have ever had trouble with a MR update.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Damn, wrong download, I wanted the SD version
    i am **** out of luck, i will be move to a red 755p
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Now at 51%
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Not quite as many people as are on the line with sprint tech support. I've been on hold with absolutely no one picking up for about a half hour now. This is kinda ridiculous. They should at least pick up to say how long its gonna take.
    Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Palm Support. He claims "my phone is defective". (I guess it is now!)

He says I will need to repair or replace it.

Calling Sprint now.

If you haven't installed this update. DON'T!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    Apologise if this has been asked in the previous 22 pages (if so, please direct me).

Is there a set of steps one needs to take to apply this update?

For example, will I need to backup and restore programs beforehand?
    i did a hard reset then downloded the upgrade...flawless. took about 35 minutes. the phone is faster going between apps fosure. have not any text issues.

ony negative...i can't get the phone to pair with my camry though...and it worked perfect before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I hard reset my device first and still got an endless reset loop. Had to do the remove the battery trick, then rerunn the installer. It worked the second time.

This was the fist time I have ever had trouble with a MR update.
    What's the 'remove the battery' trick? I'm still looping.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    What's the 'remove the battery' trick? I'm still looping.
    Check Palm's website on how to get out of the infinite loop. The jist is:
    • Remove battery
    • press the power and up button at the same time
    • put battery back while holding the buttons pressed
    • You then have to option to warm-reset from there or hard reset.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    It seems as if Palm did a poor job in testing this before they released it. Seems TONS have had resets.

I have had endless loops, the phone wont turn on, the digitizer is all messed up, etc etc. So I am trying the hard reset way.

I cant get anything to work. All resets and loops loops loops. It wont get past the digitizer, and then when it does, it re-starts and is back to point one. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, NO to erase data and YES to erase data.

Looks like Palm will owe me a new device. Either that or I may just throw it through the windows at headquarters.

I cant believe they didnt test this further. Oh wait, yes I can. They were working on the POS Foleo that is junk as well.

Morons Indeed.
    I don't know if the problem is the update or the phone itself. If there are people out there (which it appears there are) who did hard resets before install and still wound up in the loop I would bet their phone was defective at some level to begin with. A hard reset phone should be the same as the stock phones Palm tested with and the phones of all the people who successfully updated. I'd venture to say that if you did a hard reset and installed off SD and still wound up in the loop, it looks like there probably was a bad batch of Treo's out there at the hardware level. The results should not be so inconsistent for freshly reset phones. Weird, I guess both way's its still Palm's fault (either for releasing a faulty patch, or for releasing a faulty phone in the first place).
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Interesting to note that it wasn't mentioned in the Release notes as new features/functionality.
    Here's another twist. I'm using Vista x64 and when I formatted my 1 GB SD card using Vista, it wasn't recognized by the Palm OS so I had to format it on the Treo and remove the Palm folder and copy the new one from the zip. That seemed to work (so far...update just now starting ...)
    OK, what I did is took the battery out and just used the USB power only. I was finally able to get out of the loop. Am attempting another SD card based upgrade now.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    starting my update now.. we will have to see how it goes...
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Updating Device
    will the treo stay "on" or do I have to keep it awake during the update??? (the 3 minute sleep feature)
    Well, I'm screwed...

The MR went fine, so I decided to finally buy and install SAG 1.12. Had it working fine with TCPMP and my Moto HT820, then I decided to try playing with some of the SAG settings. Bad idea.

Somehow I managed to lock SAG up, so I tried a soft reset. Even worse idea.

Now I'm locked on the ACCESS POWERED screen, even after multiple soft, warm and hard reset attempts. It just sits there and stares at me.

Any ideas? Maybe pulling the battery for a few hours? 20# sledge?
    [QUOTE=quickstang;1275642]It seems as if Palm did a poor job in testing this before they released it. Seems TONS have had resets.

I have been one of the major complainers on this forum but my install went like clockwork the 1st time. And the 8 gb card works with the MR!
    uhg.. backing up items now... CRAP.. forgot to remove the SD card... I am thinking that I am going to have problems
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Morningstar, take a look at this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144652

Mine was as yours was but I was able to get out of the loop using the usb cable to provide the charger without the battery in place. Once it gets started, put the battery back in, and you can proceed with the update.