Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    +1 to the reset loop crew. tried the battery trick, which broke the first loop, but then every time i tried turning the phone on, phone went into another reset loop. I never actually got to the screen calibration page either, so...time to try again.
    My experience was almost identical.

From here, I did a hard reset on my phone, erasing everything. Then, I applied the update again -- it worked this time. Then, I hand selected which applications and databases I wanted to reload from my backup folder in the Palm Hotsync folder.

Not very elegant... but, I now have a working phone again.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    So, is an SD card required to perform this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    +1 to the reset loop crew. tried the battery trick, which broke the first loop, but then every time i tried turning the phone on, phone went into another reset loop. I never actually got to the screen calibration page either, so...time to try again.
    Dont turn the phone on. Youre in a loop because the install was bad. Re install (by SD if you can)
    ... with small fonts.... Do you get defined black lines on the text, or does it look a bit blurry with an orangish shadow? Does it go away as you move the slider up and down for screen brightness? There's a thread here...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1275539
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    So, is an SD card required to perform this update?
    Not required, but it appears the success rate is much higher this route
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Add me to the reset loop crew.

Upgrade went perfectly via desktop until final stage.

I was able to break the reset loop with combo of remove battery, hold down red button and up, click in battery, pray.

Did a restore from the backup it made during the update.

Had an issue with SAG, followed the install procedure for SAG exactly and now that seems to be working better than ever!

Crossing fingers a toes!

For those keeping score, I have an old Windows XP laptop turned off in my desk that I pull out for MR updates only (had 650 previously). Otherwise I am a Linux desktop only user. If I had an extra SD card, and or if I had seen that method described before I did mine ...

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSp View Post
    My experience was almost identical.

From here, I did a hard reset on my phone, erasing everything. Then, I applied the update again -- it worked this time. Then, I hand selected which applications and databases I wanted to reload from my backup folder in the Palm Hotsync folder.

Not very elegant... but, I now have a working phone again.
    my 2nd attempt at installing the update also put my phone into another reset loop, and I got the "unsupported device" message.

Gonna try the hard reset method and see what happens.
    Ok just completed my update it took 35 minutes.

1. I hotsynced to my laptop
    2. Performed a HARD RESET
    3. Hooked up to my laptop and started the update
    4. When finally completed 35 minutes later I HOTSYNCED my data selecting my original user profile.

Perfect No problems everything is back to normal.

I really dont understand why everyone uses a separate backup program. The hotsysnc seems to have restored my treo to exactly the way it was before the hard reset and update, including the programs I had installed.

Switching between apps is GREAT!!!!
    Just like my 650 was and Just like the 700P is when it is fresh BEFORE you setup versamail.

Before I would go from Calendar or Blazer to the phone app and the word SPRINT in the upper left hand corner would take a few seconds to come up.
    Now it comes up instantly.

Now if Bluetooth is fixed I am golden. Ill update on that in the next day or so.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    I really dont understand why everyone uses a separate backup program. The hotsysnc seems to have restored my treo to exactly the way it was before the hard reset and update, including the programs I had installed.
    hehe I use te separate program because I only hotsync about once a month....nd that's if Ihappen to remember to press the button.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Went flawless for me. backed up using NVBackup, hard reset, applied MR update, restored backup file. All in about 35 minutes.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Oh, forgot to mention I took the SD Card route.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Anyone notice it also updated the PRL?
    I did! I guess thats the least it can do after the length of time it took to get it!
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Preforming an NVBackup right now.
    I guess I'm one of the few that updated via USB without doing a hard reset and had zero issues. Didn't have to reprovision either. I did do a backup to the card first and remove the card just in case anything went screwy. But it took 39 minutes without a hitch.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    It seems as if Palm did a poor job in testing this before they released it. Seems TONS have had resets.

I have had endless loops, the phone wont turn on, the digitizer is all messed up, etc etc. So I am trying the hard reset way.

Leave it to Palm to screw things up as usual.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Downloading update.
    mine appeared to go fine after about 30 minutes from the SD card.

I installed gmaps and I don't have 2 things people keep talking about:

1) No "map" button in contacts with the ones that have addresses

2) No "recent apps" thing when I hold down the home button..

Did my update not complete?

Otherwise it's much snappier and I'm seeing much better speeds in blazer..
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Must be quite a few people downloading this patch. Slow.....

40% downloaded
    Yeah, something wrong with your update. The ROM comes with both.

Quote Originally Posted by flipside99 View Post
    mine appeared to go fine after about 30 minutes from the SD card.

I installed gmaps and I don't have 2 things people keep talking about:

1) No "map" button in contacts with the ones that have addresses

2) No "recent apps" thing when I hold down the home button..

Did my update not complete?

Otherwise it's much snappier and I'm seeing much better speeds in blazer..
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Must be quite a few people downloading this patch. Slow.....

40% downloaded
    Not quite as many people as are on the line with sprint tech support. I've been on hold with absolutely no one picking up for about a half hour now. This is kinda ridiculous. They should at least pick up to say how long its gonna take.