Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
  1. BJ2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheMooch
    When you go to ##3282#, go to the "Update Vision Profile" in the menu to redo the provisioning. It may take a few hits.

-----------------------------------------

IT WORKED!!!

now to play around.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Excellent news (as I thought I'd just bricked mine, too)... this is NOT True!!

After a series of loops using the cable, i found myself in the 1108/108 situation. I could no longer run the update because I would immediatly get the unsupported device error. However, the SD card install does not throw this error! So, go back and get the SD install (choose Vista as your OS rather than XP), put it on a card with a card reader and run the install from your Treo. Worked like a charm!
    Great... this should help out a bunch of people. Prior to the MR we were SOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ2 View Post
    IT WORKED!!!

now to play around.
    hehe glad to hear!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Got it! It was because I didn't install GoogleMap! I thought someone said GoogleMap app is hidden or something. I guess my Treo was too clean.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Make sure that you are looking at a contact that has an address listed, as it will not show for contacts that do NOT have an address. It should show once you highlight the name (dont go into edit) on the bottom, along with "Done, Edit, New, then Map".
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    OK. So far the update has taken 1 hour and 20 minutes. It still hasn't finished. Has it taken this long for anyone else?
    It took me 59 minutes. JUST don't touch anything!

Davidnotdave
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    It took me about 45 minutes.

Someone ( the thread is getting too long to keep track ) said that his install did not auto start. Drag the Palm folder to the SD card, not the files in the folder. It will autostart that way. I made the same mistake.

I had to reinstall Java and had a re-boot the first time I went to the phone application. Otherwise all seems well.

I have not noticed a big improvement yet, but I have not had much time to play with the phone and applications since the install.
    Quote Originally Posted by mircury View Post

I think it has made a big improvement so far. I have had one reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljcobb View Post
    It took me about 45 minutes.

Someone ( the thread is getting too long to keep track )
    Whaddaya mean...well...ok...370 some posts in a matter of hours...you'd think we were STARVED for an updat....errr...uhhh...ummmm....OHYEAH!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by alohatofu View Post
    Ok this MR is a piece of SHIAT.. I spoke too soon. Bluetooth connection just dropped after 2 minute Idle.
    I know my BT does not work with my car now. But the Treo seems faster and less lag with support for the 8 gb sd card is so good!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a fix for the EAS (Exchange Active Sync) popup?? I can't seem to make it go away!!!

Anyone else having this issue???

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Does anyone have a fix for the EAS (Exchange Active Sync) popup?? I can't seem to make it go away!!!

SMEGGIE
    Dont click on it. Just hit clear all. Worked for me at least
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I have a bunch of new icons -

CDMA Update
    DC
    ROMUpdater
    I did not have any of those icons. what is up with that?
    Matty
    All in all, I can see why Palm delayed this. Imagine how much worse the install bug list must have been a week ago if this was what they ended up with! If not for the helpful folks on this forum, I'd be one of the likely hundreds (more?) lined up in their local Sprint store right now with a looping phone. Yikes
    Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Excellent news (as I thought I'd just bricked mine, too)... this is NOT True!!

After a series of loops using the cable, i found myself in the 1108/108 situation. I could no longer run the update because I would immediatly get the unsupported device error. However, the SD card install does not throw this error! So, go back and get the SD install (choose Vista as your OS rather than XP), put it on a card with a card reader and run the install from your Treo. Worked like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by mircury View Post
    OK, I got the unsupported device error after the first reboot and calibration of the screen, but it appears 1.10 is loaded and all is fine....just readded apps back from NV backup. Am I missing something here?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    OK, I got the unsupported device error after the first reboot and calibration of the screen, but it appears 1.10 is loaded and all is fine....just readded apps back from NV backup. Am I missing something here?
    Perhaps NV backup helped. I did not have that. Just tried resyncing which did not help get the phone off of the 1108/108 state.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post

SMEGGIE
    FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went into the drop-down and selected Options/Sync All and when it finished, I no longer had the irritating popup. I was only syncing my mail before that. This appears to have fixed the popup issue.

I hope this helps.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    After 1 hour and 40 Minutes the update stopped functioning. My phone is now in a terminal "Access Powered" loop. I've tried hard reset. However, nothing works. I'm a bit miffed right now. I've got a 40 minute drive to the nearest Sprint store w/techs.
    I do not have any of the new Icons, CDMA, and whatever. Why do some have them, and some do not?
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    Got it! It was because I didn't install GoogleMap! I thought someone said GoogleMap app is hidden or something. I guess my Treo was too clean.

Thanks.
    So are you saying that people should uninstall GoogleMaps before updating or leave it installed?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I do not have any of the new Icons, CDMA, and whatever. Why do some have them, and some do not?
    they are the programs that update the phone.

The installer should be deleting them when it's done.

So if you aren't seeing them you are fine.