Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    What is going on here?!?!?!?!
    What i did was backup via Resco
    took out my SD card
    insert a new SD card in , format it
    zip up the MR and put the whole directory on the SD card
    Insert the card and voila it's doing it's udpate
    Took out the trash and checked postal mail
    Came back and it's doing its reset and done.

TomTom6 is working
    Blueetoth hasn't dropp the pairing yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I was able to use PDAnet to tether successfully however I was only able to connect via Bluetooth - which is reverse what it was before the update.

So, tethering works but for me, only Bluetooth tethering. I would be interested to hear of anyone who has been successful with a USB tether...

SMEGGIE

Is this with the PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc tether hack file in RAM or not?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
    I am writing you this post (PDA Net) via USB tethering. I it works for me. I would like to get the bluetooth tethering to work just like you.
    Tradeja???

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    Humm... I only see birthday, anniversary, custom 1, custom 2, custom 3 and custom 4 at the end. My Contacts says v1.3.3. Where can I find that "maps" button again? Maybe I am looking at the wrong place? I did a hard reset before the update so my Treo is clean.
    Make sure that you are looking at a contact that has an address listed, as it will not show for contacts that do NOT have an address. It should show once you highlight the name (dont go into edit) on the bottom, along with "Done, Edit, New, then Map".
    Sorry fwinst,

I didn't count how many times my Treo reset while performing the update. I feel confident in saying that it was far less than 30 times, though. And mine took about 55 minutes to 1 hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    How often did people out there see their Treo reset before it was finidshed? I'd say mine has reset at least 30 times now.
    Mine reset ONCE. You may want to break that cycle and start over if it didnt update!
    Just logged into Yahoo mail...YE FLIPPIN GODZ!!!! Unsubscribe to the poooooost!!!!! I had some 300 "Hey someone just posted" emails....aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Nope! It was part of the MR! Others have it too (I'm sure they may have responded already)! But no GoogleMaps in ROM...?
    Interesting to note that it wasn't mentioned in the Release notes as new features/functionality.
  9. BJ2
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was getting resets when using the "map" button in Contacts, so I deleted and re-downloaded Google Maps. Works fine now.
    I had to do the same thing... Seems to be working now after a delete and reinstall.

I also had the Provisioning Loop... I cant get it to complete. Web and email seem to work correct.

What are you guys doing when you get to the screen from ##3282#. Mine is locked and I can't go any further.
    Mine reset ONCE. You may want to break that cycle and start over if it didnt update!
    I had 2 resets during the update.

Once at the beginning (guessing this cleard the baffles)
    Once at the end (ready, set, go)

Then the one spasmodic last gasp before provisioning. Nothing since.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Interesting to note that it wasn't mentioned in the Release notes as new features/functionality.
    Yeah, very interesting indeed! And the skipped out on the IM client, too! But I doubt anyone misses that (but I wanted to try it)!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ2 View Post
    I had to do the same thing... Seems to be working now after a delete and reinstall.

I also had the Provisioning Loop... I cant get it to complete. Web and email seem to work correct.

What are you guys doing when you get to the screen from ##3282#. Mine is locked and I can't go any further.
    When you go to ##3282#, go to the "Update Vision Profile" in the menu to redo the provisioning. It may take a few hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
    I had 2 resets during the update.

Once at the beginning (guessing this cleard the baffles)
    Once at the end (ready, set, go)

Then the one spasmodic last gasp before provisioning. Nothing since.
    Well, if you are counting the initial reset, then I had two. But I dont think your 700p should reset more than once or twice after its done installing!
    Ok this MR is a piece of SHIAT.. I spoke too soon. Bluetooth connection just dropped after 2 minute Idle.
    When you go to ##3282#, go to the "Update Vision Profile" in the menu to redo the provisioning. It may take a few hits.
    Did yours need re-provisioning? Mine didnt. I guess I am lacking many of the problems here!
  16. BJ2
    ok thanks trying now...
    Did yours need re-provisioning? Mine didnt. I guess I am lacking many of the problems here!
    "Kind of". It connecte and got email without issue, but still insisted I needed to provision, so I ran through it. Nothing but smoove sailing ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial View Post
    When I hold down the home button, I don't get the recent apps. So, I need to rerun the update.

Were there any settings that needed to be changed to enable the Recent Apps with the home key?
    Neither do I. I have a 755p here that does have the recent app feature. My rom still says 1.10??
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    I get the Maps button when I highlight the persons name in the contact list. It only appears if the contact has an address listed.
    I get the same thing, it is in the same place that the "Message" button is in when you scroll over a mobile number or e-mail address in the contacts list!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    4) Allow update to complete all the way (device WILL reboot at least once during process and will be in Home Launcher. It WILL switch to SD card and WILL execute updater again)
    Just to put my mind at ease, do you mean that it's normal for it to go all the way through the "backing up," then "initializing," then "programming modem" stages and then reboot and seem to do the same exact thing a second time? Mine is in the process of doing that the second time right now. I hope what you're saying is it won't do this infinitely . . .