Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Any battery drain indicators? I may be seeing a faster than normal drain, but I have no idea as never really pay attention to it (spare battery in the cradle on my desk).
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    My update went generally without incident except:

- My telephone favorites buttons were not carried over
    - as other have reported google earth causes resets.

I see no major improvement in over-all speed or switching between apps, but then I didn't have problems with this before. PTunes still hiccups when switching to another app. Bluetooth does seem more clear, but I have not had a lot of time to test it, justa couple calls.
    I get pretty bad static on my jabra jx-10 currently (pre-MR) If anyone has updated and is using this headset please let me know if there's any improvement.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Verngator View Post
    Mine is just like yours...charging cable via USB...but I did make sure my 700p was completely charged, just in case.
    Yeah, I was a little worried at first because initially my "charging light" on the phone wasn't solid, and I wasn't sure how much of a drain the update would be on the battery. It was about 3/4 charged. It came on after about 20 seconds.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Second device complete. No issues AT ALL.. Again - the process I used:

1) NVBackup - Full backup
    2) Hard Reset
    3) SD Card with updater
    4) Allow update to complete all the way (device WILL reboot at least once during process and will be in Home Launcher. It WILL switch to SD card and WILL execute updater again)
    5) NVBackup - Full restore

This has worked now TWICE for me, both are perfect updates.

Take it for what it's worth, but this seems to work best.
    My update took 37min37sec and progressed without incident, with PhoneInfo showing v1.10.

However after the update, I too noticed my available memory was about 20MB less than before. The files CDMA Updater 4779K, D.C. (Device Customizer) 195K and ROMUpdater 14935K remained. Has anybody tried running any of these? Or should I just delete them?
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Downloaded Google Maps via Treo browser copied over and all is OK now with the Maps app.

I still am having a lag between certin apps, especially VersaMail and anything else.

Davidnotdave
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I have a bunch of new icons -

CDMA Update
    DC
    ROMUpdater
    I spoke with Palm Support. After confirming I had the correct version of the software, he said it was ok to delete these three files.
    FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Did you try to hard reset then run the update again?
    This is what happened after the hard reset
    Quote Originally Posted by atbodamer View Post
    I spoke with Palm Support. After confirming I had the correct version of the software, he said it was ok to delete these three files.
    FYI
    I wasnt getting the 'Recent Apps' when I held the home button down. I decided to hard reset and reapply the MR. I did not get these 3 icons the 2nd time around, and now I get the recent apps box. Maybe my update (and yours) didnt complete properly.
    30 minutes in, phone resets, tap touchscreen to calibrate then: "Unsupported device"
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by Asystole View Post
    followed by Sprint logo ...welcome.

I did a hard reset and it did not break the loop.
    I've finished my (1st attempt at the) update. I'm now also in the endless loop of death, and removing the battery hasn't fixed it. I'm in the process of reading through all the posts on this thread to find the solution...(sigh)
    Keep in mind - if you use LudusP and reassigned the home key to some other key, the "recent app pop-up" will not work. Disable LudusP and all will be well.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by atbodamer View Post
    FYI
    Thanks. Although believing what Palm Support says . . .

I don't have the GoogleMaps button in Contacts or the Recent Apps feature after updating. I had deleted them prior to the update, so I would have to wonder if in those units where they are showing had them in RAM prior to the update, and they were hotsync'd back at the end of the process. Does anybody have these features after the update who did not have them beforehand?

I also don't notice ANY decrease in lag with phone or blazer -- perhaps my update didn't fully take?
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    30 minutes in, phone resets, tap touchscreen to calibrate then: "Unsupported device"
    But it looks like I have the update (recent apps is there)....

Tried to rerun the update and it boots me out immediately...

Going to restore apps I guess
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    NVBackup'd, hard reset, and did the update.

Went just fine. After a hotsync, not even NVBackup, ALL of my settings and programs were back. Just had to reinstall PocketTunes and input my regist code , its the only program I bought for the phone.

AND NO MORE PHONE APP TO FAVORITE BUTTON LIST LAG!!!
    Another interesting little tidbit after the update.

- Volume set to mute
    - BT various updates progs to the device
    - BT transfer completes and there is a very muted system attetion beep (when muted)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    A few people have asked already--but I haven't seen an answer... Does the tethering hack still work??
    I haven't seen any info on it. I don't use tethering (or even how to do it) so I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by mircury View Post
    The memory where your HSSN and Software version number is stored (along with other info) is corrupt. There is no fix. You have to go to the Sprint store and get it replaced. It happened to me and several others. It causes crashes/instability and software like tomtom refuses to run do to "incompatibility". Do a search for that 1108/108 string and you will find several threads.
    Excellent news (as I thought I'd just bricked mine, too)... this is NOT True!!

After a series of loops using the cable, i found myself in the 1108/108 situation. I could no longer run the update because I would immediatly get the unsupported device error. However, the SD card install does not throw this error! So, go back and get the SD install (choose Vista as your OS rather than XP), put it on a card with a card reader and run the install from your Treo. Worked like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    I don't have that... Did you install it from 755 ROM before the update?

Nope! It was part of the MR! Others have it too (I'm sure they may have responded already)! But no GoogleMaps in ROM...?