Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    Crap, well, now I'm sort of left wondering if I should actually go through with this tonight. There actually seems to be a fairly high incidence of potential phone bricking/endless looping. Aside from the fact that the bluetooth is problematic I'm really not having any other issues with my phone. I'm wondering if the whole thing is worth potentially destroying an ok 700p and then being left at Sprint's mercy. Oh well, I'll check back in a bit...
    I've read this whole thread and don't recall anyone bricking their 700p yet. I think one person took theirs back to Sprint. The endless looping seems to be common but the fix also seems to work for everyone so far. Yours is the $64K question though. Is the devil you know worse then the devil you don't? As long as you have a good backup and some time, why not go for it? Hopefully I'm not eating those words when I get home and try this myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstmstngs View Post
    Does the text on anyone else's look weird? Mine has an orangish glow around the black text. It goes away as I move the slider on the brightness control, but comes back after I stop. It;s really noticeable with small text in Blazer.

Mike
    Yes, I notice this too. At first I thought I was seeing things but I am glad someone else noticed this as well.
    No problems here. Blazer is blazing, and no screen lag.

I did a BackupBuddy backup, then did a hard reset...did the update, then did a BackupBuddy restore. Even though the update does a hard reset and retore, I am just paranoid enough to always update from a clean device, and always prefer to do my own backup.

Yeay!
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I know I read that at least one person did this without their powercable, has anyone else done it without their Pcable?
    Yep, I only used the sync cable (I did the Hotsync update). My cable charges via USB as well though...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Fantastic... 700p update arrives the day my replacement phone does. Just for kicks I am updating the phone playing with it for a few hours then off goes the 700p forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Fantastic... 700p update arrives the day my replacement phone does. Just for kicks I am updating the phone playing with it for a few hours then off goes the 700p forever.
    ROFL...Odds that it fixes all of the problems?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
    Yup, I ran into the same thing intially. I ran into the one and only unintentional reset I had after that and it provisioned fine after that. I was going through the ##3282# to set up provisioning though so YMMV.
    Ah, great... It took a few tries, but I got it to work with ##3282# (I didn't know about this before). Thanks.
    Now when I try to start Google Maps from my Applications folder, It resets the phone! I tried all my other apps and they work OK.

davidnotdave
    I spoke too soon... PUSH Activesync only works for 5 min. It did give me a alarm asking me to do the sync. After that, it just never sync.

Any solution out there? I have Exchange 2003 SP2 with ISA 2004 SP1.

Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Now that's interesting...

I'm just the opposite. I DIDN'T install the patch and now I am getting an incessant popup telling me to press the sync button. I'm still getting mail but I get the popup every time it tries to sync. With the exception of this, the ROMstall went off without a hitch.

Any ideas or solutions???

Thanks!!

SMEGGIE
    i used the cable that came with the phone and that charges via USB. It took almost 63 minutes BT is way faster to connect. The DUN BT mod works but I did have to re-install. I also had to re-pair since my trusted device list was empty.

The phone seems faster, I had all my apps and settings restored automatically. I did notice a new symbol when I first used DUN over BT and it did not connect via EVDO, an open blue triangle about midway on the top bar.

I did forget my BT headset and can't wait to test it.
    I don't have that... Did you install it from 755 ROM before the update?

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Wait...there is a 'Map' button at the bottom of all of my contacts, even though GoogleMaps isnt included in the ROM!!! Pressing the button actually maps it with GoogleMaps (no, it doesnt cause my Treo to crash)!!! It works!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    Did you run the install like stated by palm or did you do Resco Backup, Hard Reset, Install, Restore type of upgrade?
    I ran it as stated by Palm...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Forgot, no problems with provisioning or Google maps. The version of Google Maps I use is not the one from the 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    Forgot, no problems with provisioning or Google maps. The version of Google Maps I use is not the one from the 755p.
    There's more than one version? I'm using 1.0.0
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Well my 700P is a brick after update. Reboots to screen alignment then tries to start phone (sound and sprint welcome screen) then reboots again.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Yep, I only used the sync cable (I did the Hotsync update). My cable charges via USB as well though...
    Mine is just like yours...charging cable via USB...but I did make sure my 700p was completely charged, just in case.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by Treocracy View Post
    Recent Apps features works for me and I have a stock ROM Sprint at 1.08-SPNT
    Same thing for me, but I thought it might have been a feature from some other program running on my Treo like zLauncher's QuickLaunch. But after disabling QuickLaunch and doing a soft reset I still get the recent app list when I hold the Home button even though I have 1.08.

I find it hard to believe this is a 1.10 ROM feature when I haven't run the 1.10 ROM update yet unless I'm seeing a similar feature from a program already installed.

Anyone know what is happening here?
    Quote Originally Posted by brianvacha View Post
    Well my 700P is a brick after update. Reboots to screen alignment then tries to start phone (sound and sprint welcome screen) then reboots again.

Brian
    Common. Read earlier in the thread. Pull battery and it will move on
    Quote Originally Posted by brianvacha View Post

Brian
    Did you try to hard reset then run the update again?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    for what it's worth, I deleted google maps before I installed the update. The update went fairly smooth via the sd card (I did have to start it again, after it seemed to finish but my phone was still on 1.08).

google maps seems to work fine after I re-download and install it.
    www.google.com/gmm from the phone browser.

so far no buzz on my bt headset, still a little static. Can't wait to see if it works well when my new jawbone arrives. (www.jawbone.com).

Sean