Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 857
  1. #261  
    I bricked my 700p. I get the endless reset loops and after pulling batteries and hard resets as described above, I finally took it to the Sprint store. They took my phone and told me to come back in an hour.

    Sigh. Besides BT issues with keeping a pairing, my 700p was pretty much flawless. I'd hoped the MR would clear up the BT issues....heh, I guess in a way they did. Golly it would be nice for them to replace the 700p with a 755p...

    Oh well, good luck to you, updaters...
  2. #262  
    I had to hard reset to make the update work, but so far, after a restore from Backupman, everything seems to be working well... Although, the lag seems a bit worse...

    In any case, the recent app app appears to be included, as well as a "map" button in contacts (to work with Google maps)... Pretty cool.
  3. #263  
    My update is at 1:14 and counting...anyone have theres take this long?

    I've had no errors at all it just ticking away.
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson View Post
    Huh???? What is the auto time buttons? and how do you deselect them?
    Sorry, the update timezone and get time from the network...
  5. #265  
    Once you folks finish your updates, make sure to post your result to this poll:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144615
    <p style="margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:0; padding-bottom:0; text-align:center; line-height:0"><a href="http://blog.thetechnonaut.com"><img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheTechnonaut.1.gif" alt="The Technonaut" style="border:0"></a></p><p style="margin-top:5px; padding-top:0; font-size:x-small; text-align:center"></p>
  6. #266  
    Haven't seen anything posted yet so I'll mention it.

    So far Softick Audio Gateway (1.12) appears to be working smoothly. Here's what I've noticed so far...

    - very minor hiccup when switching programs while playing
    - Delay on the volume up/down and other buttons. It appears that SAG is using quite a bit of the processor.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Thank you.
    Youre welcome. I use both types of sync BT/Cable so I am familiar with switching back and forth.

    Glad to help.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  8. #268  
    Damn, I hope it's not normal. Quesdtion...I just had to do a hard reset due to a boot loop problem. Should I hotsinc/restore before doing the update or jsut do the update with a blank slate then hotsync/restore?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
  9. #269  
    OK, I just installed the update via HotSync. Everything worked as stated (including apps/settings backed up and re-installed on the device). I only had one small issue...while my Treo was on the "Update ROM" screen, the Windows application went blank as if it had crashed. As soon as the ROM update completed the screen returned to normal. The total time was 41:04.

    Google Maps works on my Treo. The version I have is one that was beamed to me from a Verizon 700P back when I had a 650. Blazer does seem to be little faster, nothing spectacular though. I haven't re-provisioned yet, so we'll see.

    I haven't tested everything yet, but so far so good...

    UPDATE: I didn't even have to repair my headset (Motorola H605)! I turned on Bluetooth, it asked for the code (0000), and it worked!
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 06/04/2007 at 02:41 PM.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  10. #270  
    Crap, well, now I'm sort of left wondering if I should actually go through with this tonight. There actually seems to be a fairly high incidence of potential phone bricking/endless looping. Aside from the fact that the bluetooth is problematic I'm really not having any other issues with my phone. I'm wondering if the whole thing is worth potentially destroying an ok 700p and then being left at Sprint's mercy. Oh well, I'll check back in a bit...
  11. mircury's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by ALooneyGuy View Post
    Mine isn't working, saying it only works on Sprint branded phones. Mine is Sprint, however, when I look at the phone info, it says "Software: -/1108/108-"

    What software version do you guys have prior to updating?

    The memory where your HSSN and Software version number is stored (along with other info) is corrupt. There is no fix. You have to go to the Sprint store and get it replaced. It happened to me and several others. It causes crashes/instability and software like tomtom refuses to run do to "incompatibility". Do a search for that 1108/108 string and you will find several threads.
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
    Haven't seen anything posted yet so I'll mention it.

    So far Softick Audio Gateway (1.12) appears to be working smoothly. Here's what I've noticed so far...

    - very minor hiccup when switching programs while playing
    - Delay on the volume up/down and other buttons. It appears that SAG is using quite a bit of the processor.
    Had my 1st reset. I was scrolling down thur my apps and bingo, she reset.
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Damn, I hope it's not normal. Quesdtion...I just had to do a hard reset due to a boot loop problem. Should I hotsinc/restore before doing the update or jsut do the update with a blank slate then hotsync/restore?
    If you have a means to restore after it's updated, I would update from a blank state. I did, and it was quicker and all is fine. Although I can't say that I feel it's a lot faster now... But that's a different issue.
  14. #274  
    Every time I restart my phone, it wants to provision itself, but then fails... But it doesn't seem to affect anything... ?
  15. #275  
    I did the MR with a Seido Sync/Power cable and it work flawlessly.

    The only problem is that not much has changed.

    1. Browser is somewhat quicker.
    2. I now have longer lags between VersaMail and the phone app.
    3. Lag between Versamail Agendus when switching from one to the other.
    4. Pairing with my Jabra is slower than before.

    I will reset again and see what happens.

    davidnotdave
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    Every time I restart my phone, it wants to provision itself, but then fails... But it doesn't seem to affect anything... ?
    Yup, I ran into the same thing intially. I ran into the one and only unintentional reset I had after that and it provisioned fine after that. I was going through the ##3282# to set up provisioning though so YMMV.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
  17. #277  
    Does the text on anyone else's look weird? Mine has an orangish glow around the black text. It goes away as I move the slider on the brightness control, but comes back after I stop. It;s really noticeable with small text in Blazer.

    Mike
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    OK, I just installed the update via HotSync. Everything worked as stated (including apps/settings backed up and re-installed on the device). I only had one small issue...while my Treo was on the "Update ROM" screen, the Windows application went blank as if it had crashed. As soon as the ROM update completed the screen returned to normal. The total time was 41:04.

    Google Maps works on my Treo. The version I have is one that was beamed to me from a Verizon 700P back when I had a 650. Blazer does seem to be little faster, nothing spectacular though. I haven't re-provisioned yet, so we'll see.

    I haven't tested everything yet, but so far so good...

    UPDATE: I didn't even have to repair my headset (Motorola H605)! I turned on Bluetooth, it asked for the code (0000), and it worked!
    Did you run the install like stated by palm or did you do Resco Backup, Hard Reset, Install, Restore type of upgrade?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstmstngs View Post
    Does the text on anyone else's look weird? Mine has an orangish glow around the black text. It goes away as I move the slider on the brightness control, but comes back after I stop. It;s really noticeable with small text in Blazer.

    Mike
    It's possessed!!! eeeeeevvvvviiiiiiillllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Get thee behind me evil Treo, you hold no power here!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
  20. newrazr's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #280  
    As I mentioned, I re-ran the installer after getting out of the TTT loop. The second time thru everything worked like a charm and the update is working.

Posting Permissions