Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Piz -

I had the same loop (see my post above). I took the battery out while still leaving it plugged in and I got out of that loop.

However, holding the House button does not get me recent apps - just a scrolling thru my current apps.

Maybe I need to run the installer again?

My phone does say that it's running 1.10 FWIW.

However, every time I try to turn the phone/radio on, the phone resets. UUGGHH!!

Guess I'll run the installer again and see if my luck changes before heading to the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I have a bunch of new icons -

CDMA Update
    DC
    ROMUpdater
    I've got these as well. Any idea if they're supposed to be there?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    During the update, when it tried to restore, it said it failed the restore, try again. I did and it again failed, but finished the update. I then had a phone that was as if I had hard reset it. I reloaded my latest backup from BackupMan and it loaded up all my stuff. Everything seems to be working, including Google Maps. Also, my list of trusted devices for BT was empty. Had to repair my Treo headset. But it seems to be working fine, too.

Fairly painless.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    So far I've done one client's with the following method:

1) NVBackup
    2) Hard Reset
    3) Updater using separate SD card (clean and formatted)
    4) NVBackup restore

First unit I did - zero issues. On the second now.. Will post as soon as I have this one done.

Only wierdness was after the first reset (device rom) reset, it booted normally and I had to go thru the "setup" stuff. After it finally got back to the home screen, it reinitiated the backup and continued. Other then that, flawless.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson View Post
    cmille,
    They will tell you to go into the store... good luck.
    And Ill tell them to send me a new one, the store is out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmille34 View Post
    And Ill tell them to send me a new one, the store is out of the way.
    Ok, newrazr is right. take the battery out but leave it plugged in. Got me out of the sylus reboot... now on to the next unknown state...
    I spoke too soon. I did a restore from BackupBuddy, and after that every Hotsync soft-resets my device. I wonder if the restore put back old files that were overwritten after the update? It looks like I've just created a bunch of hours of work tonight re-installing every app back onto my device. Sigh.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    The instructions say you can not update using BT wireless hotsync.
    Anyone what hotsync settings I have to change on hotsync mgr to enable cable syncing again. I'm lost since I started using BT hotsync.
    TIA
    open up hotsync on your Treo and in the drop down menu underneath the hotsync icon select cradle/cable.

then obviously (just a cya here) plug your hotsync cable into your PC's usb port and the other end into your Treo and voila. Youre ready to HS via cable!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    has anyone tested tethering yet?
    I know I read that at least one person did this without their powercable, has anyone else done it without their Pcable?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Ok, newrazr is right. take the battery out but leave it plugged in. Got me out of the sylus reboot... now on to the next unknown state...
    How exactly did you do it. When I take the battery out and try to do a hard reset the screen just goes away after a min. If I put the battery back in it just goes back into the same damn loop.
    same here. quick backup on the SD card, pulled it and ran with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
    LOL my update was a "Leap, then look" approach. Other than removing the SD-Card..I did absolutely NO prep work prior to the update. I just played lemming and ran over the cliff. Follow meeeeeeeeeeeee.................
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    As fate would have it, I am on the road until later in the day. I probably won't be able to jump into the pool until maybe tonight.

So is the water warm?
    Lucky you Bob-C, I have to wait until Verizon releases this..........................

Let me know how it goes.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    open up hotsync on your Treo and in the drop down menu underneath the hotsync icon select cradle/cable.

then obviously (just a cya here) plug your hotsync cable into your PC's usb port and the other end into your Treo and voila. Youre ready to HS via cable!
    Thank you.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by newrazr View Post
    my phone is stuck in a weird loop.

Tap the Target -> Sprint Welcome -> Palm -> Access Powered -> Palm -> Tap the Target

I've gone thru this loop 4-times now with no end in sight.

Is this normal or should I do a soft reset?
    Not normal. The only way I got out was doing a warm reset, and then deselecting the auto time buttons so the radio would stay off. Then I did a hard reset to erase everything (had 3 different backups), and then restarted update. Completed w/o further issue in 30 mins. Restored from my backup, and all seems well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson View Post
    How exactly did you do it. When I take the battery out and try to do a hard reset the screen just goes away after a min. If I put the battery back in it just goes back into the same damn loop.
    Pull the battery and let it cycle through again (no hard reset, etc), mine moved on on its own
    battery trick got me out of the endless reset loops....

hopefully the update goes well, has not finished...
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Pull the battery and let it cycle through again (no hard reset, etc), mine moved on on its own
    The stylus cycle problem appears to be with it trying to connect to Sprint. Pulling the battery gets it into a mode where the phone starts up without trying to make a connection. As soon as I try to connect to Sprint, reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe View Post
    Not normal. The only way I got out was doing a warm reset, and then deselecting the auto time buttons so the radio would stay off. Then I did a hard reset to erase everything (had 3 different backups), and then restarted update. Completed w/o further issue in 30 mins. Restored from my backup, and all seems well.
    Huh???? What is the auto time buttons? and how do you deselect them?
    I finally got the update to complete. I had to actually run the updater twice because the first time i ran into the endless loop others have mentioned but the second time all went well..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.