Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pluka View Post
    Got my battery today also and noticed the door wouldn't latch as others have reported... removed the foam which helped, then trimmed the tape / label off the edges of the battery. I noticed that it was overlapping and in one area it had bunched up. Once I trimmed the label and pressed down any areas where it bubbled up, the door fit. It was snug, but it won't come off without some unusual effort. The downside is the battery looks like crap.

Paul
    I don't think that mutilating the battery and the battery cover should be the fix for a $60 battery. OK, now with the myTreo.net discount I'm thinking about buying the battery, but I need to know if the ones that are going to get shipped on the 20th are going to have the same problem? or is Seidio going to fix this problem?

Come on Seidio I know you are reading this board. Can you be honest and tell us what Seidio is going to do regarding the battery cover issue?

Thanks,

Al
  2.    #162  
    I wish the 3200mah was in the $50 price range =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I don't think that mutilating the battery and the battery cover should be the fix for a $60 battery. OK, now with the myTreo.net discount I'm thinking about buying the battery, but I need to know if the ones that are going to get shipped on the 20th are going to have the same problem? or is Seidio going to fix this problem?

Come on Seidio I know you are reading this board. Can you be honest and tell us what Seidio is going to do regarding the battery cover issue?
    x2 to all of that...

I don't think it's that serious to care about that black foam on the cover, but I'd prefer to take it off for some spare change than an extra 25% battery life.
    It really isn't that big of deal, a minor change & my battery door stayed on all day, & my battery lasted all day...& then some
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I got my battery yesterday and I do not seem to have the problem with the battery door. I can't get it to come off by squeezing it, and the button looks normal to me. I thought it was a tiny bit recessed with the OEM battery and it seems the same with this extended one. I charged it while I slept and I seem to be getting better battery life today. I love this battery so far. It rocks!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Thanks,

Al
    It really wasn't a big deal. I couldn't care less about 1/16 of tape on the edge of a battery and I'd prefer that to the hassle of returning it.

Paul
    My battery I believe was part of the second batch sent out. It may be that they have fixed this issue. I just don't seem to have the problem. It fits snug, but then so does the original one.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Honestly though, with NORMAL use its NOT a problem. Why do you need to try & slide the door off? Unless your changing the battery.
    Or because it's now the ONLY way this Treo 755 when it freezes up. Of course, that's such a rare occurence
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    My battery I believe was part of the second batch sent out. It may be that they have fixed this issue. I just don't seem to have the problem. It fits snug, but then so does the original one.
    Can others confirm this? Any identifying marks/serial #'s/model #'s to compare batteries? Perhaps the manufacturing tolerances in either the battery and/or Treo 755s are such that it's a crapshoot how tight the battery will fit.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Joad I don't believe there is any way to tell about the batteries but I could be wrong. I have had problems with my door even with the OEM battery so it could be like you said the proverbial crapshoot. I was pleasantly surprised that the door was ok. I really am loving this battery so far. Getting pretty good mileage from it considering it has not been broken in yet. I am not sure if is my imagination but the phone seems zippier with it as well.
    Does google checkout $10 coupon works with mytreo.net?
    Well if you remove the foam the issue is practically gone
  13.    #173  
    someone please confirm with GCO
  14.    #174  
    answer my own question: just tried GCO, i think the promo is over... no go
    What promo is over? The fathers day one or the GCO? The GCO is only for first time buyers.

Al
  16.    #176  
    What promo is over? The fathers day one or the GCO? The GCO is only for first time buyers.

Al
    i'm mistaken GCO is still alive, but does not work with MTDN. (unless I am doing something wrong)
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I removed the black foam and it helped a little, but not enough to where the button snaps like it is supposed to. door still comes off easy but has not fallen off on its own yet.

I guess I'll just start using the flexskin cover that I bought and is sitting in the closet, that'll fix the problem. lmao
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  18.    #178  
    BLAHHHH I GAVE IN!!

I went ahead and ordered the 3200maH from mytreo.net.

Product Name Quantity Price Each Item Total Download
    Seidio 3200 mAh Super Extended Battery - Blue
    1 $68.95 $68.95
    Products Total $68.95
    Discounts Total -$10.34
    Shipping Total (DHL Ground) $5.95
    Tax Total $0.00
    Order Total $64.56
    I gave in too and got one from MTDN I paid with paypal but it didn't take me to paypal checkout (weird)

So anybody wants to show any more testing results? is it really a 25% or 30% improvements? or less or more than that?

Al
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    So anybody wants to show any more testing results? is it really a 25% or 30% improvements? or less or more than that?

Al
    Usually for me my battery was around 12-15 % around 5pm. Now with the new battery around the same time is 45-50%. I can now work until 10-11p without the battery running out. During the weekend I unplugged it Saturday morning and didn't have to plug it back until Sunday around 11:00am with around 8% battery.

I can't tell you exact percentages but for me it has increased my battery life to close to what it used to be on the 700p with the 2400mah.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast