Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Do you think that will work with a $10 bill?
    Yea! I got my extended battery! It says to charge it for 8 hours. Those that have it- did you charge it that long?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    One of the things I have done since the 650 is take out the foam on the back cover and tape a folded $50.00 bill back there to have for emergancy cash as a backup plan. I got the Idea from Treo Central and has worked out great. The Question is I plan to order an extended Battery today, but from what I am hearing, I will not be able to do what I have done in the past and take out the foam and tape a fold $50.00 in its place because it will be to tight this that correct?

Bummer because it helped me out one time when I left my wallent in my hotel and was catching a cab back to the hotel, I was able to pull off the back cover of my Treo pull out the $50 and no problem, it was great!

Thanks, for the info, still I need the exended Battery more than the back up cash reserve, lol!

That's great!! and a great idea !!

The only problem is with this new battery, the problem is reverse, the door won't close as is, I took out the foam piece today and it helped a little....
    so far the door hasn't fallen off, but I will pissed if it does lol.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Yea! I got my extended battery! It says to charge it for 8 hours. Those that have it- did you charge it that long?
    I charged mine until it was fully charged. About 4 1/2 hours.
    Thanks Manny for letting me know. How is the battery doing?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Thanks Manny for letting me know. How is the battery doing?
    24 hours later and is still going strong with normal daily use, BT and Chatter push going. Very satisfied.
    So is Seidio fixing this battery to properly fit the 755p? or is this just what people who buy this battery have to live with?

Al
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Got my battery yesterday and charged overnight. After a long day with lots of usage I am at 60% where I would have been at around 20-30% with standard battery
    Did you have any problems with the back cover?

Quote Originally Posted by aabshire View Post
    Got my battery yesterday and charged overnight. After a long day with lots of usage I am at 60% where I would have been at around 20-30% with standard battery
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    One of the things I have done since the 650 is take out the foam on the back cover and tape a folded $50.00 bill back there to have for emergancy cash as a backup plan. I got the Idea from Treo Central and has worked out great. The Question is I plan to order an extended Battery today, but from what I am hearing, I will not be able to do what I have done in the past and take out the foam and tape a fold $50.00 in its place because it will be to tight this that correct?

Bummer because it helped me out one time when I left my wallent in my hotel and was catching a cab back to the hotel, I was able to pull off the back cover of my Treo pull out the $50 and no problem, it was great!

Thanks, for the info, still I need the exended Battery more than the back up cash reserve, lol!

Well I wonder if a $10 is any thinner than a $50 , lol.

Well to bad it will not work with the extended battery. I have the 755 right now and the $50 backup plan works great with the standard OEM Palm battery. I did have to take out the little piece of black foam. then taped the $50 and it is snug tight. does not slide off and only opens if I push the button. Had it almost two weeks now and no problem.

So I guess I am going to give up the Hidden $50 when I order the Battery.

Sadly, then whole $50 that is in my Treo right now will not pay for the new extended battery what irony.

Yup, I definitely miss carrying a $20 in my 50.

I don't have any cash on me at the moment, but I don't think it's possible to do this with the 755's stock battery anyway (just used a small piece of paper and the battery door's button doesn't quite sit right). Shame!
    After reading this thread, it inspired me to put a $20 bill inside my Vaja case. When I get the new battery, I will see if this works too.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    OK, so far at 62%. Chatter and web usage...not bad.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Yup, I definitely miss carrying a $20 in my 50.

I don't have any cash on me at the moment, but I don't think it's possible to do this with the 755's stock battery anyway (just used a small piece of paper and the battery door's button doesn't quite sit right). Shame!

Hey it works in the stock 755 battery case. I have the $50 bill folded perfectly in the top of the inside Battery cover of the 755p. with two small pieces of tape on both ends. it is a little wider than the black felt thing that was there before. I did get a crisp $50 from the bank a new Bill that was crisp, took my time and folded it as perfectly as I could and then using a flat heavy staight paper weight folded it down flat as I could . I then taped it to the inside middle of the battery cover and slide it on and it fits great. Is snug and pops on good, even more solid than before. I tried a few times since reading this thread and the cover will not slip off, inless you push the button. So Yes this works with the standard sprint 755p battery well, I have been doing it for the two weeks since I upgraded from the 700p.

That said from reading this thread it does not seem it will work with the Seidio extended battery, since that is more snug already.

Just a little FYI.
    OK, for those who were hesitant due to price: mytreo.net now offers the battery and is having a 15% off sale...

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=1288&xSec=110

$54 shipped isn't bad. Just ordered.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Got my battery today also and noticed the door wouldn't latch as others have reported... removed the foam which helped, then trimmed the tape / label off the edges of the battery. I noticed that it was overlapping and in one area it had bunched up. Once I trimmed the label and pressed down any areas where it bubbled up, the door fit. It was snug, but it won't come off without some unusual effort. The downside is the battery looks like crap.

Paul
    Battery charge is GREAT. Went from 9am - Midnight with chatter and heavy use. Not too shabby.

Reverendrhino do you have frequent chatter disconnects? Mine sometimes forgets to connect to my IMAP servers.
    XistBoi, sometimes I notice when I go into Chatter it re-connects, but not really a major problem.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Thx... I was going CRAZY finding out what setting I had wrong, but it seems to be a problem in Chatter self. PHEW!
  20.    #160  
    great news on the 15% coupon, thanks!
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast