Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Yea...we noticed it was easier to take off if grabbed from the sides. I guess the pressure from pressing the sides lifts the center enough so it will slide out without pushing the button. Obviously it is harder to do pushing down on the center of the door.
    Hm, I have the stock battery in there (my 2100mAh extended one hasn't arrived yet), and I can't get the battery cover off without hitting the button. I haven't tried with I'd say middling effort, since I didn't want to force things...Maybe the 2100 model is a hair thicker so it pushes up on the battery cover a tiny bit more? And the battery cover then somehow retains that state?! Hmmmm...that's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    This one: 2400mAh EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY for Treo 650/700w/700p/700wx price $40 doesn't add a huge lump and it is $20 cheaper than the one for the 755p.

Al
    For the discussion on why the 2100 mAh battery costs so much...

Aside from all the truth around them being the first product to match the need, which I fully respect, here's some speculation...

I don't remember the price for the 2400mAh battery when it first came out for the Treo 650; I'm guessing it might have been a fairly high price that then got lower as the year(s) went on...

Now, for the speculated reason for the "higher" price for the current 2100mAh battery for the 755p:

Let's assume there's a fairly good cost to producing a new battery. You might want to charge more for it initially, especially if it's the first one on the block. That's a valid choice...

...Notice, however, that the 2400mAh extended battery "for the 700p" that didn't require a new battery cover is *actually* the same battery as the one for the 650. Which means that that particular battery's development cost had probably already been recovered well before the 700p came out. In other words, they could afford to sell it for lower by the time the 7oop came out.

By contrast, the development cost for the 755p's 2100mAh battery is still very fresh.

In that respect, adding in the earlier posts' thoughts about them being first to market, I can understand that their pricing would be higher than their 2400mAh battery for the 650/700p.

First on the block, and newly developed, to boot. Neither of which is necessarily a good thing if it blows up in the early adopters' faces, so to speak...

Anyway...By weird coincidence, the "your battery has shipped" email arrived in my inbox while I was typing this post... Woohoo!

I placed the order on "6/12/2007 8:06:00 PM", according to the shipment confirmation email... Shipped via FedEx Express Saver...How long is that supposed to take, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Great idea...we're both in LA!
    Got mine today...time to go charge 'em
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    got mine today too, don't really care why it cost so much, it was a must, espcecially as the phone is used primarily for business...

sweeeeeeeeet
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    will post tomorrow on how it performs after a full day and after fully charged.
    I will use the hell out of it tomorrow and see if I can kill it.

on my 700p, even after a full day of using it as much as I can, i could barely kill the 2400, never actually ran out completly to the point of shutting off.

I do not have email push on but other than that I use it a lot, have bluetooth connected all the time as I spend lots of hours in the car...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    wow, there's a 3200 mah???? holy crap...

Now that I read all of your posts, I do notice that the little button is not right and the door does come off without pushing the button as it is already pushed...

what the hec is up with that??
    Seidio really screwed this up, now my cover is going to fall off at will???????

This sucks!!!
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Yea...we noticed it was easier to take off if grabbed from the sides. I guess the pressure from pressing the sides lifts the center enough so it will slide out without pushing the button. Obviously it is harder to do pushing down on the center of the door.
    Any plans to remedy this problem? I think some of us are turned off by this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    wow, there's a 3200 mah???? holy crap...

Now that I read all of your posts, I do notice that the little button is not right and the door does come off without pushing the button as it is already pushed...

what the hec is up with that??
    Seidio really screwed this up, now my cover is going to fall off at will???????

This sucks!!!

well it sounds like I may have to wait to see what is going on with the battery cover, I don't want my cover to come off on its own, I guess I have to wait. thank you all for being first.

Treo 755p.
    Yea, by battery cover falls off since the button doesn't lock.

I feel a return in my future!
    $60 bucks for beta testing a battery?? That is a bit high specially if it needs to be send back to the drawing board.

Al
    Honestly the way I use the phone the $60 was well spent.... If the cover keeps falling off that is another issue.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    $60 bucks for beta testing a battery?? That is a bit high specially if it needs to be send back to the drawing board.

Al
    *cough* threadcrapper *cough*

I received my battery this morning charged and loaded around 3pm being using heavily since then down to 72% and going, best $60 bucks for me. Door not closing perfectly here either but since I use a case doesn't bother me at all. Hopefully Seidio will come with a door .3mm higher and that would solve my issue.
    I'm hoping they will be able to shape the battery slightly.
    The door comes off with the standard battery also (at least on my phone it does) but the difference is with the standard battery u really have to tug on it to get the door off without pushing the button. With the Seido battery it comes off a little easier.

The battery does seem to push the door up a little so it doesnt really click. I think it has to do with the material the battery is wrapped in. Seems a little thicker than the standard battery.

Now if you nottice on the battery door there is a little piece of padding on it. I wonder if you take that little piece of padding off if the battery door will stay better.
    OK. folks, did some testing myself with my 2 new Seidio Battery's(I got today). I made sure the battery door locked/clicked. Snug fit, Door did not slide off, but when I applied pressure to the top/sides of the door it slipped. Honestly though, with NORMAL use its NOT a problem. Why do you need to try & slide the door off? Unless your changing the battery. Plus I have a silicon case on my 755, so battery door will NOT come off. Most Treo owners use/have a case & a holster, so really NOT a problem. Now most of you will get the bigger battery with a new door(soon), so you won't have a problem. Yes I also used my 755 without the case or holster, through out the day in & out of my shorts pocket(Dickies Cell Pocket which is a snug fit)& guess what? NO problems, everything is fine. I believe its a minor thing, not a big deal. Seidio has done a great, and an outstanding job...again. Thanks!

BTW, I took off that little spacer off(between the battery door & battery) guess what? NO more problems...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    reverendrhino: How was the battery life compared to the standard battery? We placed an order for 2 batteries tonight, but considering what I've read here, I'm wondering if I should cancel the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    reverendrhino: How was the battery life compared to the standard battery? We placed an order for 2 batteries tonight, but considering what I've read here, I'm wondering if I should cancel the order.
    So far so good, tomorrow I will have a full days test, and will be able to answer that for you. Today went well, didn't have to charge, until now...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    we shall see... today will be a good test, both for battery life (which I know will be great) and more importantely the door issue. I do not use any kind of cover, she stay's in and out of my pockets, if the door does fall off, this battery is going back. today is a good test as I will be wearing jeans all day.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Battery still running here, since yesterday at 3pm with some heavy use until midnight. Have 25% left. In my 700p with the 2400 running since the same time with the 2400mah battery with significantly lighter use (my wife) it has 28% left. I am really satisfied with the performance so far.

Regarding the door issue I replaced the foam that is on the door with a thinner high density adhesive foam and the door works as expected. I will try to get some pictures sometime today and post them if I have a chance.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    One of the things I have done since the 650 is take out the foam on the back cover and tape a folded $50.00 bill back there to have for emergancy cash as a backup plan. I got the Idea from Treo Central and has worked out great. The Question is I plan to order an extended Battery today, but from what I am hearing, I will not be able to do what I have done in the past and take out the foam and tape a fold $50.00 in its place because it will be to tight this that correct?

Bummer because it helped me out one time when I left my wallent in my hotel and was catching a cab back to the hotel, I was able to pull off the back cover of my Treo pull out the $50 and no problem, it was great!

Thanks, for the info, still I need the exended Battery more than the back up cash reserve, lol!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast