Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell View Post
    It is exactly the same size. It is maybe just a tad heavier. Or it might be me. I dont know.
    As long as the battery is not overheating, or blowing up, that's a relief in itself.

If the extended life battery can get you an extra 25% to 30% more juice, I would consider that pretty good.

I had good luck with a Seido extended life battery for my old 700p, so I'm inclined to order from Seido again.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    2400mAh EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY for Treo 650/700w/700p/700wx price $40
    3200mAh EXTENDED BATTERY for Treo 650/700w/700p/700wx price $55

2100mAh OEM-SIZED EXTENDED BATTERY for Treo 755p price $60

WTF? More money for less juice?

Al
    I can also buy a car battery with more juice for cheaper or this 2100mah battery for a little more but it would do me no good. Comparing batteries for other products even if they are Treos is not smart since they have different form factors.

It is called supply and demand in a free market. They are the first and only extended battery for the Treo 755p, they could be selling it for $100 and would still be selling it. Once enough of the market has bought it price will drop down probably close to what the 2400mah battery for the Treo 650/700 is at.

Don't like it? You have options:
    1) Move to a communist country where prices are set by the government, although they might still be higher than what your are willing to pay.
    2) Don't buy it.
    3) B*tch and whine on internet boards about how overpriced it is.
    4) Don't buy it.
    5) Wait until the prices drop to whatever you are willing to pay due to competition or market saturation.
    6) Buy a cheap knock off of ebay that won't perform to the "rated" mah, leak acid or even worst explode.
    7) Did I say don't buy it?

I need it, I want it and I had the money so I bought it. Anyway, mine is otw and is supposed to be here Friday!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
    I can also buy a car battery with more juice for cheaper or this 2100mah battery for a little more but it would do me no good. Comparing batteries for other products even if they are Treos is not smart since they have different form factors.

It is called supply and demand in a free market. They are the first and only extended battery for the Treo 755p, they could be selling it for $100 and would still be selling it. Once enough of the market has bought it price will drop down probably close to what the 2400mah battery for the Treo 650/700 is at.

Don't like it? You have options:
    1) Move to a communist country where prices are set by the government, although they might still be higher than what your are willing to pay.
    2) Don't buy it.
    3) B*tch and whine on internet boards about how overpriced it is.
    4) Don't buy it.
    5) Wait until the prices drop to whatever you are willing to pay due to competition or market saturation.
    6) Buy a cheap knock off of ebay that won't perform to the "rated" mah, leak acid or even worst explode.
    7) Did I say don't buy it?

I need it, I want it and I had the money so I bought it. Anyway, mine is otw and is supposed to be here Friday!
    What else can you say now if you already paid for one but you are right when you say they are taking advantage of 755p users. I'm just going to wait until it sells for a reasonable price.

Al
  4.    #84  
    agreed- its way overpriced
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    What else can you say now if you already paid for one but you are right when you say they are taking advantage of 755p users. I'm just going to wait until it sells for a reasonable price.

Al
    Selling it for a reasonable price that people are willing to pay is not taking advantage. Right now the demand surpasses significantly the supply so is selling for a premium. Most products that are new to the marked sell for a premium, especially in the gadget world.

You are right when you say that people that whine about what stuff should cost show their ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
    Selling it for a reasonable price that people are willing to pay is not taking advantage. Right now the demand surpasses significantly the supply so is selling for a premium. Most products that are new to the marked sell for a premium, especially in the gadget world.

You are right when you say that people that whine about what stuff should cost show their ignorance.
    Pricing a product very high thinking that lots of people will buy it segregates those who are willing to buy it, but are smart enough to know when an item is overpriced. The is the reason why the Wii is selling and the PS3 is not. So if I didn't care about money or were in a business where my Treo battery life is very very important then I would buy it, but I'm not in those groups. So good luck with your overpriced purchase or good luck clapping Seidio for selling overpriced products.

Al
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Pricing a product very high thinking that lots of people will buy it segregates those who are willing to buy it, but are smart enough to know when an item is overpriced. The is the reason why the Wii is selling and the PS3 is not. So if I didn't care about money or were in a business where my Treo battery life is very very important then I would buy it, but I'm not in those groups. So good luck with your overpriced purchase or good luck clapping Seidio for selling overpriced products.

Al
    I haven't denied at all the fact that the battery is selling at a premium because of the reason's already stated. My problem is with your condescending tone toward the people that bought it regardless if their motivation. My Treo battery life = money so to me and to many other people $60 is a small price to pay.

If they are selling overpriced product and people don't buy them the will be going of business soon so there is nothing to worry about.
    I am happy Seidio has come up with this solution, and so quickly. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. It's expensive, but so is the Treo. Seidio deserves plenty of $$$$ for doing the customer-focused thinking that a certain handheld manufacturer apparently no longer does.

My feeling is that PALM is the one we should be pi$$ed at - after all it is PALM's bad planning and design that continually creates new markets for the products of Seidio and so many third party manufacturers and developers. Palm (should certainly have) had data aging back to 2003 showing that an 1800mAh battery is not sufficient for many, many users. So what did Palm do? They started making the batteries with even LESS capacity!

To top it off, this phone's been out a month now, and the geniuses in their accessory department obviously didn't plan properly for the huge demand in "spare" batteries that any retard could plot out by historical data and watching the demand for spare and larger batteries via third parties. Either that, or a battery charger that runs on belly button lint!

I get the sense that nobody at Palm actually uses a Treo, or they plug in all day at their cubi-farm. How do they continually screw this stuff up?

PALM left us with a weak battery in the 755, no ability to purchase OEM "spares" even at their highly inflated prices, and it's been a month since release. Nada.

A few Seidio staff somehow managed to design, build, test, package, and will soon release an identically-sized battery WITH AN ADDITIONAL 500mAh AVAILABLE - 1 month after release of the phone!

I'm so pi$$ed at Palm for taking us for granted (yet again) that I may purchase the Seidio battery at full price just as a vote of appreciation that SOMEONE is innovating the Treo platform (other than the geniuses at Palm who apparently were too busy removing reset holes to figure out how to get a 2100mAh battery into the device that "had" to be 1mm thinner....) AAARgh

Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Still waiting for my battery to ship. Looks like that may not be till the 18th. Seidio Sedio any news on the extended battery stock?
    I just put the battery in the phone to see if it made the phone any heavier. Here is what i notticed:

- yes it does make the phone heavier. Not by much though.

- It fits really snug into the battery compartment. Almost a little too snug

I have one problem (although it might be just MY phone) When i have the extended battery in my phone i can take the battery cover off the phone without pushing in the little button. I thought to myself WOW this sucks. But then i put the original battery back in the phone and what i found is i can still take the battery cover off without pushing the little button in.

Can other people please verify if its like that on their 755's

All u have to do is grip both sides of the cover and pull down a little and the cover should come off WITHOUT pushing the botton.

I dont think it will ever just fall off but, it can be opened without pushing that button
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    My feeling is that PALM is the one we should be pi$$ed at - after all it is PALM's bad planning and design that continually creates new markets for the products of Seidio and so many third party manufacturers and developers. Palm (should certainly have) had data aging back to 2003 showing that an 1800mAh battery is not sufficient for many, many users. So what did Palm do? They started making the batteries with even LESS capacity!

To top it off, this phone's been out a month now, and the geniuses in their accessory department obviously didn't plan properly for the huge demand in "spare" batteries that any retard could plot out by historical data and watching the demand for spare and larger batteries via third parties. Either that, or a battery charger that runs on belly button lint!

I get the sense that nobody at Palm actually uses a Treo, or they plug in all day at their cubi-farm. How do they continually screw this stuff up?

PALM left us with a weak battery in the 755, no ability to purchase OEM "spares" even at their highly inflated prices, and it's been a month since release. Nada.

A few Seidio staff somehow managed to design, build, test, package, and will soon release an identically-sized battery WITH AN ADDITIONAL 500mAh AVAILABLE - 1 month after release of the phone!

I'm so pi$$ed at Palm for taking us for granted (yet again) that I may purchase the Seidio battery at full price just as a vote of appreciation that SOMEONE is innovating the Treo platform (other than the geniuses at Palm who apparently were too busy removing reset holes to figure out how to get a 2100mAh battery into the device that "had" to be 1mm thinner....) AAARgh

I certainly agree, Joad.

It just seems ridiculous to me, after years of manufacturing model after model of PDAs and Treos, that Palm doesn't have a handle on both the design details and operating system qualities that their customers want. One would think that they could anticipate the battery issue.

It does seem like a slap in the face to their customers that they release new models in relatively short time frames with such tiny incremental improvements or that they release a model like the 700P that, for most of their customers, never worked properly at all.

Right now I'm happy with the 755 that I managed to get Sprint to swap for my POS 700P, but when I look at the features on so many new cellphones on the market, I am terribly disappointed in the Palm lack of "phone" features.

Yes, I bought it for its Palm PDA functions, but Palm should remember that they're selling a PHONE as well.

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

GeneL
  12.    #92  
    Palm wants you to buy (secondary) batteries and car chargers (and other power accessories) ---thats why they keep their mah on the batteries low.

--exact same concept with Printers and ink cartridges, they make $$ on accessories as well as the widget
    There is VERY limited supply for extended batteries but a GREAT demand for them so thats why the price, and its fair though since we now have a product we can get and extend our battery life on the 755P. I for one will get one on the 18th.
    Both of mine have already arrived. Yeah!
    Seidio is showing the 3200 mAh battery for sale on their website for $69.95 and it says the blue is in stock now. I still haven't gotten the battery I ordered on Monday that fits without a new back cover.

Any of the OEM size batteries left Seidio Seidio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Seidio is showing the 3200 mAh battery for sale on their website for $69.95 and it says the blue is in stock now. I still haven't gotten the battery I ordered on Monday that fits without a new back cover.

Any of the OEM size batteries left Seidio Seidio?
    We weren't nearly able to fill all the pre-orders with the small shipment we got in, but we are supposed to get more of them by Monday. If they come early we'll definitely let you know.

Thanks
  17.    #97  
    David, are the 3200mah blue ready to ship?

i am so inclined on buying it (even though $70 bucks is HIGH)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Both of mine have already arrived. Yeah!
    Do they fit really snug? And are you able to take the battery cover off without pushing the little button?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    David, are the 3200mah blue ready to ship?

i am so inclined on buying it (even though $70 bucks is HIGH)
    The blue 3200mAh batteries will begin shipping the week of June 25th.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell View Post
    Do they fit really snug? And are you able to take the battery cover off without pushing the little button?
    Spridell,

We tested both of our 755s and noticed the same thing. This happens with our battery, the OEM battery, or no battery at all.

Thanks
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast