Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks, I am waiting for this one and will order as soon as it is available!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I just called and got the same response, they are not quite ready yet to take the pre-orders but to check later today or tomorrow. guess there's no hurry since it won't be actually ready until June 13th. My guess it just pre-order it tomorrow to ensure we get one from the first delivery without any delays.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Do you think it is safe to get the first batch? I'm a bleeding-edger for a lot of stuff but third party batteries make me a bit leary.. Anyone ever have trouble getting the first batch of something like this??
    Just preordered from seidioonline

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    no way... It's a battery, there's not much to it really, IMO.

The site just changed and it took my order, I placed the order and gave them some plastic

Now say's shipping begins w/o June 18th. Whenever it comes is great. a 2100mAh that fits in the phone without bulking it up and keeps the original door.... thank god. it is perfect. My battery today was at 50% at 1:30pm.... you gotta be kidding me... lmao.....
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Got my order placed just now!!
    $60!! for a battery is really expensive..!! Well, if you are a true road warrior maybe not.

Al
    Is it worth it to enhance the battery life of the 755P...Ohhhh yeah , just waiting when it can be shipped, I'm not the pre-order type of guy >.<
    $60?!? damn, talk about price gouging... I might hold off for a ebay knock-off
    HTC Touch Pro
    Got my order in
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Mine was the very FIRST order! The person taking CALLED ME first at 4:45 as soon as orders could be taken! That's service!
  12.    #32  
    $60 bucks?!

dayam too much for me (although I DO need it..)

ill wait for an ebay knock off as well
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    lmao... it is expensive, but really a cost of doing business...

it'll cost me a lot more if I lose a client because my oem suck a$$ battery dies midway through a call.... lol

is it here yet???
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Very cool. Now I just have to decide whether I'm keeping my 755p or not...
    Me too. I don't like the sd card on the 755, but my 700p after the mr is still crummy. what to do, what to do?
    I would pay no more than $30 for this battery. I guess I will wait.

Al
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I think Seidio definitely is 'gouging' the consumer here.. But that is their right, its their product and they can sell it for whatever they think they can get for it. I think a little better pricepoint would increase their sales though. I MIGHT buy 1 and hope prices come down or another manufacturer offers it cheaper, but if the battery were priced a little better I would have grabbed 2. I think ~$40-45 would be reasonable, but they are the only option right now so they are going to try to cash in.
    I wonder if they\'ll have a slightly larger battery available in the future like they did with the 650 batteries. 2200mAh and then 2400mAh.
    What I would like to see is a door that is just slightly bubbled to accept my other two 2400mAH batteries that I have for my 700p. I would pay $15-$20 for that alone and that probably means a $14.63-$19.63 profit for whomever makes it first. Heck, it doesn't even require a reset hole in it given Palm's ingenius cost cutting strategies (yes, that stickiness is my sarcasm dripping off that last sentence).
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    I agree Seido has the right to charge whatever price they want now because they are the first ones to have one available. But, once other manufactures start making it we should be able to get much better prices. I believe there are other choices such as:
    -Boxwave
    -JAVOedge
    -Lenmar
    and many others..

Al
    Forget Boxwave. I would not be able to trust them now, nor would I suggest others do. See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145002

and this one:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=boxwave

They still show the extended battery they have as being for the 755P on their website, even though they know it does not work. This is a deceptive practice.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast