1.    #1  
    I am so ticked at the late MR release from VZ for the 700p, as well as the late release of most phones. I am considering switching to Sprint. If you have switched, are you happy with the service? Is building penetration, hills and valleys, etc. similar? Thanks in advance.
    I switched on the 14th after over 20 years with Verizon (or the companies they bought out to become Verizon). I got so po'd at them so many times I can't tell you, but honestly had the same feeling at Sprint the first few times I called customer service (not for anything wrong) and it took forever for them to answer a phone and then they just say "they hear me and understand, but there is nothing that can be done about it". So, customer service at Verizon at least answered the phone and if you yelled at them enough they did something. So, this boils down to what we have the phones for... reception. I'm in St. Louis county and I can tell you that in the three weeks I've been with Sprint I have not dropped a call, knock on wood, and feel my reception is much better than on Verizons. My wife and I were dropping calls left and right with them. Also, if you use the internet, unlimited is $15 per month compared to $45 per month with Verizon. THAT'S rediculous.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I just switched from verizon last week and I'm very happy. I'm on the sero plan which is $30 per month with free unlimited txt and data. I got the 755p and am very happy. Verizon won't let you get a smart phone now without adding the data plan. It would cost me about $90 per month for a similar plan. I have great service and get full bars almost everywhere I got. I use to have dead spots in my high rise condo but with sprint now there is no dead spots.
    I made the switch a little over a month ago. Im in South Jersey and the coverage with VZ is better than Sprint, IMO, but for 27.00 a month ya cant beat Sprint with my 755p
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I switched 2 weeks ago and so far so good. The reception is at least as good as Verizon (and maybe better). The rates for Sprint are also much less than Verizon. My bill was almost cut in half and I got a 755p out of the deal which I couldn't get a Verizon.

--Steve
    Switched to SERO from VZW about three weeks ago. VZW didn't have internet coverage and SPCS does. Although it takes a bit to get through with SPCS, once you get it up and running the way it's suppose to....no looking back. Also our bill is about half of what it was (140 versus 70). Got two 755p's for ~$100 each after rebates. Can't beat it. Bail out now.
    Remember sprint has roaming included, so you have the entire sprint and verizon network you can use. You also get EVDO data roaming.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I switched 1 year ago, and only for the SERO plan. It is unbeatable.
    $30 a month
    500 minutes
    unlimited mobile to mobile
    unlimited nights and weekends
    unlimited text messages
    unlimited DATA internet access.

However in terms of reception in Southern California, Verizon has Sprint beat. Everywhere I don't have reception with my Sprint phone, I've always had it with my Verizon phone. But oh well $30 vs $99, I can live with less coverage.
    I switched a few weeks ago also...I just couldn't justify spending $45 month just for data on VZ. I have had no problems...I'm in NY and the coverage has been the same for me. And my phone bill is SO much cheaper! The 755 is a nice upgrade for me from the 650. The data speed is much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    I switched 1 year ago, and only for the SERO plan. It is unbeatable.
    $30 a month
    500 minutes
    unlimited mobile to mobile
    unlimited nights and weekends
    unlimited text messages
    unlimited DATA internet access.

However in terms of reception in Southern California, Verizon has Sprint beat. Everywhere I don't have reception with my Sprint phone, I've always had it with my Verizon phone. But oh well $30 vs $99, I can live with less coverage.
    same here.. but you know i never had a problem with sprint.. best one i had so far.. better than tmobile.. cingular.. and verizon.. but thats just me.. im also in so cal.. around the LA and Orange County area.
  11. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yeah..i switched from a 700w with verizon to a 755p with sero...i was on a family plan paying $10 for my line and $10 for 1000 txts, data was too xpensive

now im paying $22/month for 500 minutes, and unlimited everything else!
    the sprint coverage in my basement is weak, so i just set it to pure roam, when im not in my basement..sprint is awsomeee
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I used to have Verizon and Sprint; Sprint was for my personal and Verizon for my business phone. I found that Verizon dropped more calls in the San Fran/Bay Area for my experience.

I have been a Sprint customer for 5 plus years. No customer service is not great but then again how many times do normal people call CS? Hopefully not alot or you have a bigger problem...What I like about Sprint is my great plan (5 lines sharing 2500 minutes for $90 bucks with all the fixings such as roaming, 7pm, powervision, and unlimited sms on all lines) the nice 755p, and coverage.

Worst case you decide Sprint isnt for you. So do a trial dont port your number and play with Sprint service for 15 days or so..definately get a Sero plan...it cant be beat unless you work for a wireless company.
    I switched after 12+ years with VZW. I'm happy with the choice considering I now have evdo for 1/3 the monthly bill using the SERO plan. The key is to use the customer retention phone number any time you call, otherwise you will have long hold times.