Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmass View Post
    I have been a long time Palm user having owned a Palm Pilot, Palm V, Sony Clie, Treo 650, and, for the past year, a Treo 700p, and I take this step with reluctance and some sadness. Palm had the most practically functional and intuitive interface and design for a long time, but with the 700p, it seems that the underlying OS infrastructure is showing its age and is being forced to do more than it can realistically handle.
    Anyone else feel like the PalmOS lately reminds them of Windows ME? It's time to let FrankenGarnet die and start over with a fresh version. When WindowsXP came out it was sorely needed. We've been overdue for a new PalmOS for years now (Cobalt anyone?)
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    people that feel their 700p isn't flawed just don't know any better. Does a 5 year old know their brain is at 90% of its full adult weight...no, but maybe ignorance is bliss,huh?
    Really? I use my Treo HEAVILY every day of the week. Yes, I have had some of the problems the 700p is notorious for, but not to the extent that some report (e.g., my phone has never reset during a phone call, however it has reset a few times after the first ring).

Funny thing is, the problems tend to be intermittent in nature. Sometimes, I go days without seeing a single problem, yet at other times something just seems to "happen" that causes major issues. There are things that I've learned to do that seem to mitigate the 700p issues.

Saying that those who don't have serious problems with their 700Ps don't know any better is a short sighted statement. Most of the people on here are power users, who do know better. Given that some are having more problems than others says that it is somewhat dependent on the phone and use patterns.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Anyone else feel like the PalmOS lately reminds them of Windows ME? It's time to let FrankenGarnet die and start over with a fresh version. When WindowsXP came out it was sorely needed. We've been overdue for a new PalmOS for years now (Cobalt anyone?)
    Anybody think that the MR will switch us over to LinuxPOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    Really? I use my Treo HEAVILY every day of the week. Yes, I have had some of the problems the 700p is notorious for, but not to the extent that some report (e.g., my phone has never reset during a phone call, however it has reset a few times after the first ring).

Funny thing is, the problems tend to be intermittent in nature. Sometimes, I go days without seeing a single problem, yet at other times something just seems to "happen" that causes major issues. There are things that I've learned to do that seem to mitigate the 700p issues.

Saying that those who don't have serious problems with their 700Ps don't know any better is a short sighted statement. Most of the people on here are power users, who do know better. Given that some are having more problems than others says that it is somewhat dependent on the phone and use patterns.

Greg
    Having a phone reset on the first ring isn't a serious problem? Wow...you're a pretty forgiving guy. That or you really don't expect much of your phone.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I would really suggest, especially for those who are having a lot of issues, that after getting the MR, they start fresh with a clean device and re-load and re-register programs. Yeah, it's a lot more work, but it's like reformating a computer. It generally works better and faster.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Do you or anyone else know if doing a "factory reset" will require you to reapply other patches/upgrades such as the DST or EAS updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treocracy View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Do you or anyone else know if doing a "factory reset" will require you to reapply other patches/upgrades such as the DST or EAS updates?
    Hopefully those will be included in the new ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Anybody think that the MR will switch us over to LinuxPOS?
    I would excuse the delay if they did! Dont get me excited like that!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Having a phone reset on the first ring isn't a serious problem? Wow...you're a pretty forgiving guy. That or you really don't expect much of your phone.
    I've had my phone for six months and out of the thousands of phone calls I've made/received, I can think of only three times that this has happened. Recently, I've set my NVbackup to perform a soft reset of my phone every morning after doing a backup and my phone seems much more stable.

Yes, a reset after the first ring is a serious problem, if it was happening on a regular basis. Losing a call on a cell phone is not the end of the world and not something that happens only to Treos. Unless you live/work right next to a tower, you are bound to lose signal from time to time and thereby a call. For those who have clients that fire them for a dropped call, I feel bad for you. You are working with unreasonable people -- I suggest you get something a little more fail safe than a cell phone to use to communicate with them.

Greg
    Last edited by gzartman; 06/04/2007 at 10:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I dunno...if I were Palm, particularly with all of the unhappy customers who have come to light, I would have had the MR on the website, ready and available for download, at 7:00AM this morning. Since this isn't the case, I doubt we will see it today either. It's all just a smoke screen so they can allow their legal to prepare for the onslaught of forthcoming activity.
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of that BB trade in offer? I am SO there... chucking this 700p and getting a Curve. Can't find it, tried googling...

Thanks...
    Here you go:

http://blackberry.tradeups.com/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12