1.    #1  
    I just learned today that sometime in April Hawaii was updated to the new Rev A network. I read all the previous posts that say that the 700p cannot take advantage of the Rev A speed increases, but I am getting significantly better connection speeds now then I did with the old network.

Is this possible? I don't think I am imagining this. In use everything seems much faster and I did some speed test using both USB Modem and Bluetooth and especially with BlueTooth the speeds are higher than I ever got with the old network...

Using 1.6gz G4 PowerBook
    Tethered using bluetooth...
    @ 271k to 370k download
    Could not get an upload test to work for some reason.

Tethered using USB...
    @ 390k to 488k download
    @ 68k upload

I don't remember the numbers now, but before I don't think I ever got anything higher than 200k download speeds. Internet Connect always showed the speed as unknown, now it shows 234 kbit/s.

John
    Yes, you will notice a slight speed increase using Rev 0 b/c of the following:

- increased backbone
    - updated tower software (towers have the "latest" firmware
    - increased capacity (Rev A phones decrease strain on Rev 0 circuits, in effect)
    - decreased latency

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Yes, you will notice a slight speed increase using Rev 0 b/c of the following:

- increased backbone
    - updated tower software (towers have the "latest" firmware
    - increased capacity (Rev A phones decrease strain on Rev 0 circuits, in effect)
    - decreased latency

That explains it.

Thanks for the reply.

John