1.    #1  
    I enjoyed the review of the 755P in these blogs. Can someone address if the following will work for me since I am not a techie and freak out thinking if I don't do the upgrade/migration correctly to the 755, my life will become complicated if my data does not get moved over properly.

1) Is the migration similar to 600 to 650. Use of a backup new file on PC, then load all data to new 755P, Do preferences come across, saved IM messages, memos loaded names, fast dial phone numbers etc-

2) I use the Sprint Biz-connect email. Email comes to my PC then pushed to phone. if PC is off no email since central exchange server is controlled by another compnay we subscribe to. Will this still work or is there some way with the 755p, that I can just get email pushed to my 755 without first visiting my office PC--similar to blackberry. I assume i must get my exchange manger to help me here.

3) I use a 128 MB SD card in 650, will this work in 750 when I just plug in? I saw something about the 750P using a Mini SD card. I have valuable info on the card, family photos etc and would hate to lose this data.

4) looks like volume issues are fixed, BT works fine, the IM chat is enhanced, ( I just used what sprint included on 650 and was happy), camera better. Ptunes is interesting as is the the new EVdo apps sprint offers--I see google maps as a business driver for me to use.

5) I don't use a backup program for setup preferences so curious if zlauncher is the way to go.

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydann View Post
    :1) Is the migration similar to 600 to 650. Use of a backup new file on PC, then load all data to new 755P, Do preferences come across, saved IM messages, memos loaded names, fast dial phone numbers etc-

3) I use a 128 MB SD card in 650, will this work in 750 when I just plug in? I saw something about the 750P using a Mini SD card. I have valuable info on the card, family photos etc and would hate to lose this data.

5) I don't use a backup program for setup preferences so curious if zlauncher is the way to go.
    First to my answer to your questions. I say my answers because others here don't like this way, but it's worked for me and many others.

1. To migrate your info over FIRST install the new disk on your computer. Ths will update the Palm Desktop program and then when it tells you to hotsync (don't do it before) then hotsync. It will put anything that was incompatable in an incompatable file, but I found there was not much that showed up as incompatable. Your email settings and everything should be just the same but you might have to put some registration numbers for 3rd party programs back into the programs (I doubt this too).

3. Your card will not work on the 755 (I assume you didn't mean 750p). You can copy the info you need from one to the other.

5. You might want to use NV Backup. It's a terrific free program that works great.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. I read several of your posts and you look to know what your doing.

When you say copy over the sd jpg's etc from the SD card--are you saying from my PC to the new 755. I am trying to think what other way I could get these files moved over? I can't view the vidio on my PC since don't have Real Time latest update so important to have this card's data converted some how. I know other ways to get this done but to busy with my business and demanding customers. Thanks
    The Sprint Bizcon works badly. it will launch with a warning that it will not work correctly. It will get data but the 5-way basically is useless. You have to use the stylus in order to use it.

To get your data from the SD to the MiniSD, you will need a card reader.

If you purchased any software via Sprint's vision website, the product can not be downloaded to the 755p. If you beam it to the 755p from the 650, it will be unregistered (or demo).
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  5.    #5  
    Ok, if sprint biz-con does not work any more for the push email(which I think the Sprint guy even mentioned), what do I do now for email--I want always on so once the email hits I want to see it on phone. Right now I am very satisfied with Sprint Biz-con email for functionality

Explain card reader--where is this done or can you do it yourself?

So sounds like the two issues I have are the SD card and email. Both if not an easy fix would keep me on 650 which I use daily to help me run my business. Blazer works well to when I need to go on the net. AGain I am not a techie and moving to a new email system is my number one concern
    Explain card reader--where is this done or can you do it yourself?
    First, the card reader is a very easy fix. Go to Best Buy or Office Depot and tell them you need an SD card reader, probably less than $10. You put the SD card into it and it plugs into a USB port. This will become a drive on your computer like the C or D drive but will have a new letter. All you do is go to "my computer" on your desktop (assuming you're using a PC) and open this drive. Copy the contents and paste them into a C drive temporary folder you create. Then when you have a mini SD card (make sure it comes with an adapter) put it in the card reader and copy the contents from the temporary folder to the mini card. Much easier than it's sounding, please remember, it's easy.

As for the email, someone else is going to have to tell you how to do what you want because I only check my email manually every few days as I'm usually in front of a computer. I'm sure that's not going to be hard either.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    When you say copy over the sd jpg's etc from the SD card--are you saying from my PC to the new 755. I am trying to think what other way I could get these files moved over?
    If all you're trying to move to the new card are your pictures & videos, you can beam them over. I think you can beam entire albums at a time but it takes a few minutes.
    If you can access your Outlook email account via a web browser, then a network administator can probably help you set up Exchange Active Sync with Versamail. One way to tell if Active Synce is set up on the Exchange server is that generally the web address you use to access your email web based has "owa" somewhere in the address. If this is so, then you should be able to get email "push" with Versamail.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the responses, makes me feel good about upgrading to 755. I will do this in next couple weeks when my travel plans permit. Would like new upgraded camera for F1 race in Indy in a couple weeks-plus camcorder I assume is better.
    I switched and found Sprint BizConn is not supported, will not be supported, and they are shutting down the BizConn servers.
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by centrallaw View Post
    I switched and found Sprint BizConn is not supported, will not be supported, and they are shutting down the BizConn servers.
    That has beent the rumors. Luckily, our IT department installed Active Sync on our Exchange server and we can now use Versamail for email, contacts, and calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by centrallaw View Post
    This is very bad for me. Our environment is Domino/Notes with BES *AND* there seems to be some bias against Palm devices.

If I understand correctly, BizConn is going away and BlackberryConnect is only for select GSM carriers so I'm out of luck for push email on my Treo 755p!