1. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    at home, i need to be set to roaming only to recieve calls..
    i can go online, recieve txts but i cant send them!

anyone else have this problem?

i heard some handsets disable sending txts while roaming, if so is there a way to enable it
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I have a Treo 755p and I can send and receive SMS while roaming without a problem. Sometimes it doesn't work when I'm in Canada, but it's never a problem in the US. Have you never been able to send SMS when roaming with your Treo?
    Everything works fine while I'm roaming...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    When you are roaming can you get charged for text messaging/data usage even if you have unlimited of both?
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    When you are roaming can you get charged for text messaging/data usage even if you have unlimited of both?
    Not in the US, assuming you have a Power Vision pack and a text pack. And mine works fine while roaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Not in the US, assuming you have a Power Vision pack and a text pack. And mine works fine while roaming.
    Thats what I thought. Anyone know if I were to go to Canada, would minutes cost 2x? What about data?

If I get a better signal when roaming, is it bad to leave it on roaming than connect automatically to Sprint's network? Basically, would Sprint have a problem with this.
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yeah..iv got unlimited vision/txt
    my buddy's got the same phone/plan so ill get him over here to try his phone out
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Thats what I thought. Anyone know if I were to go to Canada, would minutes cost 2x? What about data?

If I get a better signal when roaming, is it bad to leave it on roaming than connect automatically to Sprint's network? Basically, would Sprint have a problem with this.
    SMS is free in Canada assuming you have an SMS plan, there's no extra charge. If not, you'll just pay the standard SMS charges. Airtime can get very pricey though. Unless you have the Canadian roaming add-on, it's $.65 per minute for roaming (if making or receiving calls) plus long distance (if you make the call). You also get charged for data roaming in Canada which is $0.002 per kb. This can really add up. My wife is from Montreal and we go up there a few times a year and we try to use our phones as little as possible. If we're there for more than a few days we just fill up our prepaid Fido card and not use the Sprint phones at all.

As for roaming in the US, you don't want to use more than half your minutes while roaming. The terms of service explicitly say this, and you can get in trouble if you regularly use someone else's network more than Sprint's.