View Poll Results: Are the Treo 700P Problems Fixed on 755P?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Almost everything is fixed! It works great!

20 60.61%
  • Mostly fixed, still some bugs

9 27.27%
  • A few things have been fixed, but not much

1 3.03%
  • What's Palm been doing for the last year?!

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, guys: what's the word? For those of you that had a 700P before your 755P, are most of the problems fixed? Does the bluetooth work better? Is the lag gone? Does the thing manage to go for a few days before crashing?

Vote now!
    Last edited by dordal; 06/03/2007 at 01:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    You're a day (maybe more?) early.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Bluetooth pairing to headset (Palm branded): so far okay

Lag: it's there, but MUCH less than the 700p (worst counted on 755 = 30 seconds)

---------------------------

If Palm EVER releases a firmware update for the 700p that actually works I am very tempted to dump the 755 and go back to the 700p: better battery, standard SD slot (SDHC compatible with fix), and a friggin' reset hole!

I have a strong suspicion that Palm held back on the firmware this long because they knew few people would actually "upgrade" to the 755 if the 700p's main problem of Bluetooth unpairing and the lag were fixed. The 755 is a "prettier" phone, but it has so many downgrades that you wonder why Palm bothered instead of just releasing a "fixed" 700pR1 and going on with their WinceMob and Linux fantasies.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Sorry, didn't realize this was a 755P forum. I was on my Treo. Ooops.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    <moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    <moved>
    Should not be moved. The OP is asking 755 users if the problems have been fixed.
    "Should not be moved. The OP is asking 755 users if the problems have been fixed."

Yeah, so it's a question for 755 owners about the 755.

Now, if you want to poll if the 700p MR fixed any previous problesm then that of course belongs here.
    <moved back - OP revised question - revised POLL title to match, revised thread title to match>
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Should not be moved. The OP is asking 755 users if the problems have been fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    "Should not be moved. The OP is asking 755 users if the problems have been fixed."

Yeah, so it's a question for 755 owners about the 755.

Now, if you want to poll if the 700p MR fixed any previous problesm then that of course belongs here.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/03/2007 at 05:00 PM.
    I can say that my Plantronics 590A headphones are as bad or worse than they were with the 700p. After the MR, I'm likely going to send it back. It isn't worth the difference and there things that i DON'T like such as the new mini-SD. THE MINI SD ON THIS PHONE SUCKS!
    I'm happy, no regrets.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I'd say mostly fixed with noticeable improvements. Only small problem is that I still get occasional soft resets when clicking on the Web, but not anywhere near as badly as with my 700p.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Isn't there a problem with the IM application on the 755p?

The phone freezes upon signing in which requires one to pull the battery and reset, doesn't it?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    the mini sd card does not want to stay in, even though it's enclosed, I think the sd slot is bad, it keeps coming loose and I can't use my sd card. So far I stuck some extra paper in there to hold it tight.

The 755 is a very nice improvement over the 700p. Still a crash here and there but much more stable than the 700.

1. Screen is much nicer, colors display nicer
    2. Everything just seems so snappy fast
    3. Web browser seems faster
    4. Bluetooth connection seems more solid
    5. Phone is no longer slippery like the 700p
    6. Reboots faster

actually the only downgrade is the minisd card slot. Is mine defective?
    Happy with the phone, haven't loaded any Programs onto the 755p so phone is speedy.
    yOyOYoo are you sure you are fully inserting your card? I use my stylus to push my card in place, because the the sd slot is too small for my finger...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    yOyOYoo are you sure you are fully inserting your card? I use my stylus to push my card in place, because the the sd slot is too small for my finger...
    I push it in with my fingernail, until it "locks" in place and makes that beep sound. The card seems to be able to be read for a short period of time, and then next thing you know I hear the beep sound again, and it says that no card is inserted. I need to open the latch and reinsert the card.

Pisses me off!!!
    yoyoyoo you may have a bad slot. I have had no problems yet with my card popping out. If anything it is a bit hard to get out. What brand card are you using? I am using a 2GB Kingston.
    Its either not actually locking or its a bad slot
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    the mini sd card does not want to stay in, even though it's enclosed, I think the sd slot is bad, it keeps coming loose and I can't use my sd card. So far I stuck some extra paper in there to hold it tight.

The 755 is a very nice improvement over the 700p. Still a crash here and there but much more stable than the 700.

1. Screen is much nicer, colors display nicer
    2. Everything just seems so snappy fast
    3. Web browser seems faster
    4. Bluetooth connection seems more solid
    5. Phone is no longer slippery like the 700p
    6. Reboots faster

actually the only downgrade is the minisd card slot. Is mine defective?
    If your mini sd slot is defective, then so is mine. I have the identical problem. The dang thing won't stay put. It is bad enough that I'm considering sending the 755p back when the 700p MR comes out (if).
    I have no problems with my minisd slot, stays in there without a hitch, also as far as the phone, I am very happy with it, I think it's a great improvement over the 700p, as far as battery life I seem to be getting a pretty decent battery life, more stable than my 700p. oeverall satisfied.

Treo 755p.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast