Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I know the 700p has a "delayed text messaging issue," where it will freeze for a while after you try and send a TM, however; has anyone experienced not being able to receive any TM's and having to turn their phone on and off before they all come in at once (maybe a day or two's worth)?

    I figure that it's a network issue and not necessarily due to the phone, however, any advice would be nice before I have to contact sprint.
  2. #2  
    I experience this issue on a regular basis too.
    Its really frustrating when all of a sudden I get 8 txt messages that i was suppose to get through out the day. its like the txt message system freezes and u need to turn the phone on and off to get a bunch of message asking u why u didn't reply to their earlier txts. i hope the MR fixes this.
  3. #3  
    Have had this issue for a while. Sprint and this fone both suck. 25% of the time I get the error msg that says my mesg can't be delivered for whatever reason and I have to manually resend it. Never happened w/my 600...that was automatic.
  4. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #4  
    Guys, it happens sometimes. I work at RadioShack and have been for 6 years now, 7 years in September.(I know, sad right?) I've seen the delayed texts thing happen to a lot of people, even with diffrent services and even to people who don't even have a Treo. It happens to thoes little "flip" phones too! (can you imagine having to go back to a non-smartphone? Scarey). It's a network thing. A little brain fart of the SMS system on some accounts. Happens randomly. Don't know why. It's just one of thoes things, ya know?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  5. #5  
    Happens to me all the time! After rebooting all the texts come marching in. The first in line is usually a text from a VZ customer. Weird. Been happening since I purchased the phone. I have a treo700p on Sprint.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Guys, it happens sometimes. I work at RadioShack and have been for 6 years now, 7 years in September.(I know, sad right?) I've seen the delayed texts thing happen to a lot of people, even with diffrent services and even to people who don't even have a Treo. It happens to thoes little "flip" phones too! (can you imagine having to go back to a non-smartphone? Scarey). It's a network thing. A little brain fart of the SMS system on some accounts. Happens randomly. Don't know why. It's just one of thoes things, ya know?
    I never had this much trouble with my 650. Ive had it numerous times in the short life of my 700p. Ill SMS someone, and not get a response, something will require me to reboot my phone and sure enough Ill have 5 or 6 messages flood in all with timestamps from days earlier. I never had that behavior on my 650. A quick answer would be, "ya it must be the network, the phone simply sends and receives" but why did I never have the issue on a 650 on the same network with the same number. Either the SMS2 app or the 700p is mishandling SMS's I think.

    Oh well, rhetorical question that will hopefully just resolved tomorrow when the MR hits (hah).
  7. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    #7  
    I know some users have had this issue on stock 700p's, but in my case, the source of the problem was Softick Audio Gateway (aka SAG). All versions since 1.08 will gradually cause an increasing delay in the reception of SMS's. A soft reset will always temporarily fix it, but to permanently solve it, I've always had to go back to 1.08.899 to have both SAG reasonably useful and my Sprint 700p responsive with respect to SMS's.

    As I said, I understand other users have problems independent of SAG, but mine have only had the issue with SAG 1.09 or higher installed, so if you happen to have SAG installed, you might want to delete it temporarily (and/or downgrade versions) to see if it helps.

    There's a software bug somewhere, quite possibly within the SMS application (and hopefully to be fixed by the MR) that is exacerbated certainly by SAG (and again quite possibly by other software programs).
  8. domer's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm on Sprint, and not only do I have this issue with text messages, but I also have it with voicemail.

    If I miss a call and the caller leaves a message, the phone won't signal that I have voicemail, or display a voicemail icon. This frequently happens in concert with the text message issue. A power-cycling of the phone ushers in a bunch of text messages and a voicemail beep and icon.

    Countless calls to Sprint, a trip to my local Sprint store for a diagnostic check, and Sprint sending out a tech to check local coverage have all resulted in nothing. The problem still happens randomly, at least once a week.

    I could probably count on one hand the number of times this happened with my 650, and my wife (who now has my 650) has never complained of the problem.

    I can live with the frustration of the text messaging issue, but the voicemail problem is unexceptable given that I use my 700 as my primary mode of contact for business . Not surprisingly, "I'm sorry, I didn't get your message." does not cut it with my clients. It's because of this that I'm seriously considering a switch to a BB 8830, but would hate to give up my Treo, not to mention the added fee of a Blackberry plan. I've got a sweet deal going via retention, and I'm assuming I'd loose that if I made the switch.

    I hope someone has luck troubleshooting this one!
  9. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmille34 View Post
    I never had this much trouble with my 650. Ive had it numerous times in the short life of my 700p. Ill SMS someone, and not get a response, something will require me to reboot my phone and sure enough Ill have 5 or 6 messages flood in all with timestamps from days earlier. I never had that behavior on my 650. A quick answer would be, "ya it must be the network, the phone simply sends and receives" but why did I never have the issue on a 650 on the same network with the same number. Either the SMS2 app or the 700p is mishandling SMS's I think.

    Oh well, rhetorical question that will hopefully just resolved tomorrow when the MR hits (hah).
    Hey, I had the 600, 650, and now the 700p. And I have had the delayed text problem with all of them. Even when I had a Samsung A620 had that happen a couple of times. So how can it be just a Treo problem? Sometimes, Sprint really does suck, but most of the time they don't, IMO.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    I'm on Sprint, and not only do I have this issue with text messages, but I also have it with voicemail.

    If I miss a call and the caller leaves a message, the phone won't signal that I have voicemail, or display a voicemail icon. This frequently happens in concert with the text message issue. A power-cycling of the phone ushers in a bunch of text messages and a voicemail beep and icon.

    Countless calls to Sprint, a trip to my local Sprint store for a diagnostic check, and Sprint sending out a tech to check local coverage have all resulted in nothing. The problem still happens randomly, at least once a week.

    I could probably count on one hand the number of times this happened with my 650, and my wife (who now has my 650) has never complained of the problem.

    I can live with the frustration of the text messaging issue, but the voicemail problem is unexceptable given that I use my 700 as my primary mode of contact for business . Not surprisingly, "I'm sorry, I didn't get your message." does not cut it with my clients. It's because of this that I'm seriously considering a switch to a BB 8830, but would hate to give up my Treo, not to mention the added fee of a Blackberry plan. I've got a sweet deal going via retention, and I'm assuming I'd loose that if I made the switch.

    I hope someone has luck troubleshooting this one!
    I've had this problem for years, too, but it is a Sprint issue, not a Treo issue (at least as far as the VM issue goes). I've had the VM delay problem on every Sprint phone I've had over the last 10 years, including a Motorola StarTac, various Nokias, and two Kyocera spartphones becore I got Treo 600. As to SMS, Sprint added SMS later than all the other carriers, and I understand that its SMS implementation is non-standard, which may be part of the problem.
    Regards,

    Robert
  11. domer's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #11  
    Thanks for the info! I wonder if our accounts can be re-provisioned or something like that?
  12. #12  
    The text message delay is a Treo issue. Ever since I started removing my battery for minute and then performing a soft reset after it connects to the network, I've had no issues with delayed messages.
    Last edited by ceebz; 06/04/2007 at 10:34 AM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BentEcho View Post
    I know the 700p has a "delayed text messaging issue," where it will freeze for a while after you try and send a TM, however; has anyone experienced not being able to receive any TM's and having to turn their phone on and off before they all come in at once (maybe a day or two's worth)?

    I figure that it's a network issue and not necessarily due to the phone, however, any advice would be nice before I have to contact sprint.
    I have the exact same issue on my "Now Stock" VZW 700P. It's crazy.....
    Didnt have the problem on my 650....

Posting Permissions