Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody found a 8gb mini-sd?

i have an unbranded 4gb working great for about 5 months now.

Thanks in advance.

-a
    stageworks@usa.net
    No brand name at all with that miniSD?? Qmemory, or nothin' like that in particular?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    No brand name at all with that miniSD?? Qmemory, or nothin' like that in particular?
    NOPE UN BRANDED FROM EBAY.. 4GB MINI SD.. WORKS GREAT!!!
    stageworks@usa.net
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I don't think a 8GB miniSD exists yet. Should be around the corner tho, with 16GB SDHC cards coming out in weeks.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    I don't think a 8GB miniSD exists yet. Should be around the corner tho, with 16GB SDHC cards coming out in weeks.
    I don't believe the 8GB card is coming? why does there need to be SD, miniSD, AND microSD?? miniSD was a flop that didn't need to go in the 755p.

I guess I'm just gonna order a 4 gig card, dangitall.
    yeah pisses me off too. i had an 8gb sd for my treo 700 & now I am getting a 755 so I have to buy a mini sd. then I may eventually get the ppc6800 which has a friggin MICRO sd!!! Ah jeeze
    microSDHC is already at 4GB Class 6 while miniSDHC is only to 4GB Class 4. miniSDHC is basically a dead medium. They should use either full-sized SD or micro.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    can you use the micro to mini sd convertor and still maintain the speed of the class 6?
    excellent question...bump
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    Has anyone answered this yet?
    not sure about that but according to engadget sandisk is releasing a 8gb micro-sd. my question is there an adapter for micro to mini & micro to sd??
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    not sure about that but according to engadget sandisk is releasing a 8gb micro-sd. my question is there an adapter for micro to mini & micro to sd??
    Yes, just purchased a 2GB micro SD card with micro to mini and mini to SD at Best Buy (they nest inside each other with no physical size difference). Got it open package for $39, which I know isn't cheap, but the card is just stop-gap until the 8GB micro SD comes along. The 2GB micro SD works fine with the adapter in the Treo 755p.

Paul
    Wait how long until a 8gb microSD and how fast will it be? I've definitely have seen micro->mini SD adaptors...
    Check out this link (Just and an example...)

http://www.shop.com/op/~Kingston_2GB...032?sourceid=3
    Sprint sells a micro SD which includes a micro to mini and a micro to SD. I used the micro to mini (worked fine) then put the combination in a mini to SD adapter I have- didn't work. Not sure if its because they were not the correct design for this or if its just not possible to "adapt" them twice
    yeah pisses me off too. i had an 8gb sd for my treo 700 & now I am getting a 755 so I have to buy a mini sd. then I may eventually get the ppc6800 which has a friggin MICRO sd!!! Ah jeeze
    Yeah, I've got a 8GB (SDHC), 4GB, 2GB, 512MB, and 64MB SD card, plus the Atari Retro MMC card. The 4GB and 8GB aren't readable in any of my devices other than my old Treos, but I was forced to upgrade to the 755p from the 700p, since the memory slot in it died, and Sprint didn't have any 700p's in stock.

Really frustrating. I need a miniSD now. If there was a 4GB microSDHC available now, I'd definitely go with that, because I don't want the same thing to happen, but it looks like I'll have to spend the money on another dying format that probably won't be in the next Treo.

Edit: Apparently there is a 4GB microSDHC available but its really hard to find, so I'll stick with the miniSD for now, but definitely will look into the 8GB microSDHC when its released.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/19/2007 at 05:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    What is the difference between SDHC and SD when it comes to mini SD cards?

Anyone seen the 8GB or 16GB mini SD cards yet?
    Was in Singapore Funan Mall and saw a Sandisk (I think it was Sandisk) microSD 8GB SDHC. I think it was selling $178 Singapore Dollars. Was hesitant since I wasn't sure if it supports my Treo 750 so I left it at that. Some places were selling 4 GB microSD.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    like everyone says, i think the mini-sd format is dead... no device will come out with it anymore... the standard now is teither SD or microSD...

And there is a lot of 8gb microsd cards lying around the net these days... just go to ebay and you'll see
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I would have to agree with you on that.
    Always looking for cheap mobile phone accessories.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast