1.    #1  
    I have the 755p and have been messing with the IM app. I notice that if the app is open you get your im's within about 15 seconds from when they are sent. If you are not in the app, it takes something like 5 mins before you get an alert that you have a new IM. Those of you using this app, has this been your experience also? If not maybe my account is borked.

Also I noticed on global options that there is an option called enable polls. There is not documentation on what this does whatsoever. Even the internal IM help function doesn't mention it. I have tried enabling and disabling it and have noticed no difference...

Any idea's?
    bit_bucket
    my IM app freezes and I need to pull the battery. I've never been able to use it yet.
    My understanding is that it uses text messaging and if that is the case, add it up to a factor in the delay equation. Ben
    I also figured text as delay... but in my professional opinion... it is trash regardless.

too many other far superior clients to waste the time and frustration with the Sprint IM
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    I finally gave up and got Mundu and it work great. Do yourself and favor and get it. It works with all the IM providers and does not use SMS for every messages. For $11 this is a no brainer.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Yep. I also use Mundu v3 - ought to up to #4 but I do not use it that often.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket View Post
    I have the 755p and have been messing with the IM app. I notice that if the app is open you get your im's within about 15 seconds from when they are sent. If you are not in the app, it takes something like 5 mins before you get an alert that you have a new IM. Those of you using this app, has this been your experience also? If not maybe my account is borked.

Also I noticed on global options that there is an option called enable polls. There is not documentation on what this does whatsoever. Even the internal IM help function doesn't mention it. I have tried enabling and disabling it and have noticed no difference...

Any idea's?
    Forget the Sprint IM app. It's better than nothing but there are third party apps that are so much better. I was a big fan of Verichat but now that it's dead, I'm using Mundu. Give it a try and I guarantee you'll like it better than Sprint IM.
    just to echo everyone else, do yourself a favor and get one of the 3rd party IM apps... I'm still using verichat, and it will be a sad day when they shut their servers down in Dec.
    HTC Touch Pro
    what was the publically announced reason for verichat to shut down?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    what was the publically announced reason for verichat to shut down?
    Nokia bought PDAapps and discontinued sale and support of all their products. I don't know what the reason is, but it really sucks.
    That figures. Kill the best messaging program for competition reasons. Let me guess. Does symbian have a decent application?
    is verichat the standard Sprint IM on the 650 now. I like my IM on the 650 provided by Sprint. Sounds like mundu way to go. Assume just google mundu for their site once I get 755 and install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydann View Post
    is verichat the standard Sprint IM on the 650 now. I like my IM on the 650 provided by Sprint. Sounds like mundu way to go. Assume just google mundu for their site once I get 755 and install.
    There is no "standard" IM application for the 650. The 755p is the first Treo to get an official IM client. Anything on an earlier model is a third party solution, whether it's Verichat, Mundo, Causarie, Chatopus, etc.