1.    #1  
    Is there a way to restore all of the applications and configuration of the original base Palm software? Also, is there a preferred way to make a backup of the currently installed software, data, and it's configurations?

I guess I'm used to Windows, where I always make an image of the machine in the event that I need to revert back to the original configuration. Before I start installing third party software on the device, I would just like to take a snapshot of the original/current configuration. Thanks.
    there are programs that allow you to do this, backupbuddy, backupman, nvbackup. give them a try.

Treo 755p.
    I've trained myself since my 650 days to just copy my saved & unsaved preferences files to my sd card once or twice a week... and of course hotsync once a week...
    HTC Touch Pro
    I used to use BackupMan, but I've been using NVBackup for a while now. It's great since you can not only schedule backups, compress and encrypt data, do full or selective restores, etc. but you can also automatically upload the backups to an FTP server and then download at any point for a restore. Oh yeah, and it's free.
    You dont need an original image as those files are all in rom and will be reverted via a hardreset

As for periodic backups I have always used BackupMan. (because I paid for it) But Recently used NVbackup (It's FREE) for a restore and was much more impressed. ALL files including Java and BT headset connections were restored. Not true with BackupMan
    Not too efficient; if cost is a consideration, then NV Backup is a much better way. Doing it nightly is far better than once or twice a week, as things to change and we do forget.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I've trained myself since my 650 days to just copy my saved & unsaved preferences files to my sd card once or twice a week... and of course hotsync once a week...
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I use Backupman, NVBackup and Rescoe Backup. Each backs up at differnt times of the day.

One can never have enough good backups.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Not too efficient; if cost is a consideration, then NV Backup is a much better way. Doing it nightly is far better than once or twice a week, as things to change and we do forget.

Ben
    I backup nightly and keep only the most recent backup on my card. However I have each backup automatically upload to my server so I have every single scheduled backup stored online and can be downloaded at any time.
    Me, three(? five?) for NVBackup and recommend it highly.

The only issue I have (albeit minor) is I also have an FTP site set up for use but I have to save off a backup set manually, 'cause if I have it set to export after backups it'll eventually use all the space on the server. I would be nice to be able to set it to only export to FTP every "X" period (or backup count, etc).
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by kennycrudup View Post
    Me, three(? five?) for NVBackup and recommend it highly.

The only issue I have (albeit minor) is I also have an FTP site set up for use but I have to save off a backup set manually, 'cause if I have it set to export after backups it'll eventually use all the space on the server. I would be nice to be able to set it to only export to FTP every "X" period (or backup count, etc).
    Sorry to go off topic, but how much space do you have on your server? Even if you have your Treo loaded to capacity, we're only talking 60 mb. Can you really fill up your server that fast?
    I pay for the space I use, and I don't see any need to keep more than 2 or 3 backups on it.
    Palm Pre