Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I remember everyone always saying not to install Versamail on the 700p since it would cause all sorts of problems. I had Versamail on my 700p and didn't notice any issues with it.

Have these problems been fixed with the 755p? or should I try another program?

btw what are these programs that hotsync tries to install on the 1st hotsync? Do I need any of them???
    AirSam
    AirSAMPrv
    BGService
    MIAttach
    MIDataLib
    IIDataLib
    MMCOnduit

and a bunch of random programs. What are these?!?!?
    Last edited by yOyOYoo; 06/03/2007 at 05:11 AM.
    Versamail is working for me pretty well. The only problem I have is that sometimes it downloads more than 1 day of mail and I don't know why as I have it set on 1. I set it on subjects only so at least it makes it go fast and then if I need the whole message I go back and get it.
    How about deleting the attachments when with the messages? On my 700p deleting the email messages within versamail will not delete the attachments (you'll see memory use still huge). I have to use Resco Explorer and delete the file that has all the attachments.

Have the fixed that on the 755?
    When I was getting attachments, I am now getting subjects only, I did not notice any problems deleting attachments. I did not open any of them though.
    Works like a charm, but then it always worked for me on the 650, 700p and now the 755p. New one is even better, no lag. Have multiple accounts configured and have zero problems.
    I've never understood peoples complaint about versamail. It has always worked flawlessly for me, on the 700p. I use it for my corporate email, and private gmail. It does not work as well as blackberry push, but I did not expect it too, either. The EAS works very well. I've downloaded trials of Agendus, Snapper, and Chatter. I saw they did little to nothing better than VM. And VM has never caused any problems, other than making P Tunes stutter some when an email comes in.
    Matty
    The only problem I am having with it is that it downloads more than one day of mail, even though I have it set for one day only. Is there any way to train it to do just one day?
    The version installed on the 755P seems to be stable, and quite fast. However, there is a problem with SSL authentication. Apparently it is not compatible with some servers that use an older authentication method. I've had to switch to Snappermail to overcome this. If you have problems connecting to your server, and you use SSL, this may be the reason.

-B
    Don't believe I am using SSL. It just does not seem to recognize that these messages are older than one day. As a workaround I am dl subjects only which makes it pretty fast, but some days I can get 45 emails which are more than one day old.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    so is the consensus now to go ahead and install versamail?!
    Versamail is much better on the 755p than the version that came with the 650. That said, I switched to Chatter and never looked back.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I've never understood peoples complaint about versamail. It has always worked flawlessly for me, on the 700p. I use it for my corporate email, and private gmail. It does not work as well as blackberry push, but I did not expect it too, either. The EAS works very well. I've downloaded trials of Agendus, Snapper, and Chatter. I saw they did little to nothing better than VM. And VM has never caused any problems, other than making P Tunes stutter some when an email comes in.
    I think it depends on your mail server. I tried using versamail and was able to sync flawlessly but it never got push emails and after a day or 2 it stopped syncing all together (kept getting a ping error), I reset and it works again for 2 days (but only manual sync). I didnt want to have to use Chatter since its now a dead product but its so smooth. 3 minute install and now I'm good and email is pushing to the device like it should. Long live Chatter. Now that palm owns it they should put all their effort into making chatter better not killing it in favor of versamail.