1.    #1  
    Yes, all of us, including myself, have been quite disappointed with Palm's slow response to address the 700p's obvious problems.

Now, Sprint Treo 700p owners have some hope as the MR is expected next Monday, June 4th, 2007.

Just to let you know, one of my friends just got a Sprint Treo 755p and I did get a chance to use it and play around it and compared with my VZW Treo 700p and yes, the lag is definitely decreased on the Sprint Treo 755p. But I didn't get to extensively test it out due to limited time. I didn't get to test out the BT either.

Now, I do use my Treo 700p everyday, but mainly use the PDA function and e-mail (using Snappermail) and the phone after work and the weekends. Yes, I did surf the 'net on the Treo and have been using Palm products since 1999. I have do rely on a few Palm OS programs, thus I am not able to walkaway from Palm as easy as some of you. Yes, I gave up on BT long time ago.

Anyhow, I went to my local Verizon Wireless store today after Palm's recent Blog aftermath about the VZW MR delay.

The tech support guy states that they HAVE NOT heard about anything about Palm's MR for the VZW Treo 700p. He states, they usually hear something about software upgrade and yes, he was aware that Palm's Firmware updates are always on the Palm.com. If there was any date about Palm's release date for VZW Treo 700p MR, he didn't see it on his current memos as of today.

Customer Service did confirm with me that VZW will be releasing both the VZW Treo 750 (for WM) and VZW 755p around mid-August. Currently, it is estimated that both devices will be released on Monday, August 13th 2007.

Given this information, I surmise the following: Yes, VZW will release the VZW Treo 755p in August 2007. VZW does more testing of phones and software than other phone companies (I am NOT giving them any props as how could they have released the VZW Treo 700p last year as is). So, if the MR for the Treo 700p is probably similar to the ROM of the upcoming VZW Treo 755p, then VZW will probably test the heck of the the MR/VZW Treo 755p before it releases it the public August 2007.

Now, my hope is that VZW/Palm will release the VZW Treo 700p MR before the VZW Treo 755p is released, but heck, VZW/Palm could release the VZW Treo 700p MR after the VZW Treo 755p is released.

Well, Sprint's 755p has been out for over 2 weeks and passed carrier certification, etc. and why is it only possibly next Monday, that Sprint/Palm is releasing the MR for the Sprint 700p.

Well, we'll have to see how this Palm Treo 700p drama finishes out...
    thanks for the info. i am getting a 755p tomorrow in the mail from verizon to beta test for my company. If all goes well we can hope to upgrade all of our company phones to this one. rumor has it that all the 700p bugs were fixed in the 755p. that would be alot easier to upgrade than to update all those phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by labella320 View Post
    thanks for the info. i am getting a 755p tomorrow in the mail from verizon to beta test for my company. If all goes well we can hope to upgrade all of our company phones to this one. rumor has it that all the 700p bugs were fixed in the 755p. that would be alot easier to upgrade than to update all those phones.
    Judging by the 755 Forum... I would have to say not all of the bugs were fixed...
    I have to say too, that the lag is the same for the 700p and the 755. I tested them side by side in the store with the same functions and they performed identically.

I checked lag from browser to pda, pda to phone and phone to browser (and vice versa) as well as blazer's ability to render webpages and surf the web. Everytime, the two phones were identical in speed and amount of lag. It really suprised me, because I have heard the 755 was faster by most.

I wonder if it really is the hope that it is faster that makes it look faster??