1.    #1  
    So far, I've been pretty pleased with the 755p (previously a 650 then 700p user). Although as time went on lags started to appear (sometimes as bad as the 700p but not usually), it is generally more stable and less prone to reset. However, when I woke up this morning I was reminded of a particularly nasty type of reset which causes all of the preferences to be lost/corrupted. So I had to spend an hour this morning re-entering reg codes, resetting prefs, reconfiguring VersaMail, etc. I'm still not sure that it's back to normal, as it seems to be a bit flakier (more resets). It may have been caused by Visual Arts (a cool little program that randomizes the photo wallpaper in the Phone app). My 755p was pretty solid until I enabled it last night.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    If you had a good backup all you had to do was restore your saved and unsaved preferences files.
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy View Post
    If you had a good backup all you had to do was restore your saved and unsaved preferences files.
    agree, please invest the few bucks in a backup program.

Treo 755p.
    I think that there is a particular application (or class of applications) that is (are) responsible for lost preferences. Corruption of the preferences file is is not a normal thing to happen.

Maybe all you guys experiencing this can figure out among yourselves which are the potential culprits. I've over 50 applications and 100's of resets (1000's if you count my TreoXxxx development trials) and this has never been a problem.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Reset Doctor by Hobbyistsoftware has been updated for the 755p - http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/reset-doctor-more.php.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    It may have been caused by Visual Arts (a cool little program that randomizes the photo wallpaper in the Phone app). My 755p was pretty solid until I enabled it last night.
    You bet, while Visual Arts is a cool idea it is way too buggy to keep it on my Treo. I had problems with it on my 700p and decided to delete it even if it was really cool. Now, on my 755p. Are you kidding me? No way I'm installing that buggy app. Be careful on what you install. I don't care how cool and app is if it resets my Treo it is gone.

Al