Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Is it AddressesDB or ContactsDB.

I want this transition from 700p to 755p to be as smooth as possible and I don't want to take any risks thanks!
    You can just beam over each category that you have in your phonebook. Its very easy, the other way you would beam over the contacts db, its probably going to be 3 of them I think depending on how you have it set up.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I e-mailed the contacts to myself. When you do that it saves everything as a .vcf file. It worked, but lost all the categories. I'm sure there's a way to do it with keeping them in tact though.
    first sync your 700 to your computer...

then, in palm desktop, under hotsync, set it to 'computer overwrites handheld'

all categories and contacs will sync right over
    I sent the category over bluetooth, I hope this helps. it's very easy. let us know how it goes.

Treo 755p.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    You can just beam over each category that you have in your phonebook. Its very easy, the other way you would beam over the contacts db, its probably going to be 3 of them I think depending on how you have it set up.
    Filez gives me a lot of strange file names, which are the ones that I need to exactly beam over? thanks!

I'm off to the sprint store to pick up my 755!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    first sync your 700 to your computer...

then, in palm desktop, under hotsync, set it to 'computer overwrites handheld'

all categories and contacs will sync right over
    This is a really easy way to do it. I did the same thing.

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    btw I have a MAC and there is NO palm desktop!
    I just beamed over contactsDB-PAdd.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    Is it AddressesDB or ContactsDB.

I want this transition from 700p to 755p to be as smooth as possible and I don't want to take any risks thanks!

I go through FileZ, and beam AddressDB. Works fine.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    thanks guys that was easy.

The 755p is one difficult phone to get a hold of. I got one after calling 5 different places, all out of stock. One place had some in stock but refused to sell it to me unless I got a new contract. I didn't know these were in such high demand.

Anyways, everything seems faster on the 755p than my 700p, even browsing the internet (I know same software). I did have one crash today, from exiting the browser and going to Zlauncher.... hope it doesn't happen again.
    The only lag I have on my Treo 755P is exiting Blazer and going to the applications page. I do have Zlauncher installed. I find if I patiently waiting through the white screen it does come up. It doesn't always happen, but it does most of the time.