Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    key word in that post is:

"expected"

that sure doesn't sound like a firm commitment to me.
    Technically speaking, if you start at May 28th, Monday is still within the week. (7 days from the 28th).
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Technically speaking, if you start at May 28th, Monday is still within the week. (7 days from the 28th).
    Huh?!?!?! One of those 8 day weeks that starts and ends on Monday?
    Like they're really going to be tweaking it this weekend.
    like efudd said:
    key word in that post is:

"expected"

that sure doesn't sound like a firm commitment to me.
  7.    #7  
    Perhaps they put it off until Monday to ensure that they had enough support staff in house to answer in inevitable torrent of user issues that comes with a major release. I, for one, would have been mighty upset had they released it at 5PM shut the lights and gone home for the weekend leaving me to fend for myself for support if I needed it or waiting in a 3 hour weekend "skeleton crew" queue.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    For the love of god! You'd think t Palm would give some sort of explanation instead of an Annie song "Tomorrow, tomorrow, it will be here tomorrow' the MR IS JUST A DAY AWAY!"
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    Perhaps they put it off until Monday to ensure that they had enough support staff in house to answer in inevitable torrent of user issues that comes with a major release. I, for one, would have been mighty upset had they released it at 5PM shut the lights and gone home for the weekend leaving me to fend for myself for support if I needed it or waiting in a 3 hour weekend "skeleton crew" queue.

totally logical.

But if it was done today- then why not just say- it "will" be available Monday? Instead of "expected" to be available?

they are hedging still.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Lets not forget, they didn't say what year. Could be the week of May 28th 2008 or 2009, or maybe 2010.
    Unfortunately not the case... chat with a "Live Tech Support" guy... they will tell you the MR is being delayed for"Last minute changes"
    This is the first hard date that we have gotten.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    WHAT ABOUT US ALLTEL USERS!!!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    This is the first hard date that we have gotten.
    Idunno, seems like every date they've given has been hard for Palm
    Ask Chad. He'll know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 754boy View Post
    WHAT ABOUT US ALLTEL USERS!!!!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry View Post
    Like they're really going to be tweaking it this weekend.
    That's assuming they've even started working on it. I personally am not making that assumption.
    They gave us the date of the 28th as the expected week quite a while ago - that was never the hard & fast date. If you keep it in perspective, they're ONE DAY later than the date they predicted weeks ago.

In the meantime, maybe folks can go outside - it's beautiful out there!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    thunderstorms in philly. and while I'm normally known for being optimistic, this is one area where being optimistic always leads to a big let down....always. I can't remember a pleasant surprise from palm unless I trace it back to my Vx.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Ask Chad. He'll know.
    lol, now I'm upset like hell about not hearing about an Alltell update but I gotta admit.....that made me laugh
    I hope the Sprint ROM update can be dumped and flashed onto other devices.. that would be great for the remaining 5 carriers...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast