Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    I hope the Sprint ROM update can be dumped and flashed onto other devices.. that would be great for the remaining 5 carriers...
    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. I hope it can because I don't fell like waiting anymore
    when has palm ever answered a question correctly? do you think they are going to start now with the MR for the 700P a dead product?

Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    Perhaps they put it off until Monday to ensure that they had enough support staff in house to answer in inevitable torrent of user issues that comes with a major release. I, for one, would have been mighty upset had they released it at 5PM shut the lights and gone home for the weekend leaving me to fend for myself for support if I needed it or waiting in a 3 hour weekend "skeleton crew" queue.
    June 01, 2007
    700p MR Timing
    The Treo 700p maintenance release (MR) is expected to be available on Monday (June 4th) for Sprint users via the palm.com website. We will post an update here on the blog with a link to the MR once it is live. We don't have a specific date for when the 700p MR will be available for Verizon Wireless users at this time.

Paul Loeffler - Palm, Inc.

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    I hope the Sprint ROM update can be dumped and flashed onto other devices.. that would be great for the remaining 5 carriers...
    I'm thinking that at least for the apps that aren't netwrok specific (like phone, messaging) that we can at least copy the new PRC's into ram and get something.

If you read the big "feedback" thread- it seems that works fine. (apparently if you copy the correct 755 files you can at least fix the lags)

I just HOPE the issues dont extend to the phone app- as I assume that is very carrier specific?
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    key word in that post is:

"expected"

that sure doesn't sound like a firm commitment to me.
    Exactly! "Expected" Another sign that Palm has left themselves an out to not deliver on the update.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12