Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't get the toy I wanted for Christmas so I'm gonna pout, stomp my feet and throw an tantrum. The MR will get here when it gets here, if you want/need to get another phone then go ahead just stop your whining and grow up!
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    boy id suspect someone has "I love Palm" tattooed on their ****!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    I didn't get the toy I wanted for Christmas so I'm gonna pout, stomp my feet and throw an tantrum. The MR will get here when it gets here, if you want/need to get another phone then go ahead just stop your whining and grow up!
    Christmas is about giving (or used to be - now it's about $$), but if I paid $600+ for something I DAMN WELL BETTER GET IT.

Now crawl back under your rock and STFU.
    Wow
  5.    #5  
    Looks like all the kiddies will have to wait until Monday. Does anybody need a tissue?

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/06/700p_mr_timing.html
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    The fact is that in a poll on this site (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=poll), 71% of those who responded were very or moderately satisfied with their 700p.

The fact is that there are a lot of loud folks, but the majority are not having issues. But regardless of that, there is an adult way to handle disappointment - the actions of folks on this board don't display that. Reactions such as "STFU" don't add to the discussion.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7.    #7  
    What is STFU?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    it means

shut the BLANK up
    Shut the %$#&@* up, you giant @$$-hole.

We spent a lot of money on this phone and its accessories--most of us had it's crappy predecessors too and bought the 700p praying the Treo was finally fixed but instead got yet another big fat lemon from Palm.

We have every g0dd@mn right to be p1ssed off. So stick your Treo where the sun don't shine, you prprpr|$ck$--$maybe$ $up$ $your$ $boyfriend$ $Paul$ $Loeffler$'$s$ @$$. $I$ $know$ $that$'$s$ $where$ $I$ $wanna$ $stick$ $MY$ $700p$.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    i know i shouldn't but i have to laugh about the comment about the OP and Paul Loeffler being "pals".
    Quote Originally Posted by piusg View Post
    Shut the %$#&@* up, you giant @$$-hole.

We spent a lot of money on this phone and its accessories--most of us had it's crappy predecessors too and bought the 700p praying the Treo was finally fixed but instead got yet another big fat lemon from Palm.

We have every g0dd@mn right to be p1ssed off. So stick your Treo where the sun don't shine, you prprpr|$ck$--$maybe$ $up$ $your$ $boyfriend$ $Paul$ $Loeffler$'$s$ @$$. $I$ $know$ $that$'$s$ $where$ $I$ $wanna$ $stick$ $MY$ $700p$.
    I think you get bonus points for that rant. It's a classic. No reference to incestuous activities, though. Tsk, tsk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I think you get bonus points for that rant. It's a classic. No reference to incestuous activities, though. Tsk, tsk.
    I agree that was fantastic!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    i know i shouldn't but i have to laugh about the comment about the OP and Paul Loeffler being "pals".
    Perhaps his name should be: "maninloeffler" instead of "maninrochester"

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    just stop your whining and grow up!
    yes, I agree

Ok, I paid stupid money last July for my 700P because I have been a palm bigot/enthusiast/supporter for over 10 years and I wanted to carry just one device. It turns out that the device DEFINITELY has issues. How does Palm reward my loyalty? They introduce two, no, three new products, EOL the one I bought, announce that the PalmOS platform is going away and, to make matters worse, they release a software update for one of the newly introduced (and less expensive) products BEFORE they release the update that is supposed to make my device work as advertised. I know that the 700P MR is a few days away but seeing the 680 updated before my 700P is like watching kids budge in the lunch line ahead of me. It just rubs me the wrong way

I mean, what am I? Chopped Liver?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Pardon me for wanting that my phone works as advertised, as I paid top dollar for it.

Pardon me for voicing my opinion in these forums after going through the traditional channels to get my problem solved without success.

Pardon me for having to wait for my contract to expire, in order to move to another carrier that has better phones.

Pardon me for being an adult that demans commitment and seriousness from other companies. I expect them to conduct business the way I do.

Pardon me for being an active consumer and not a passive sheep.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    time for a beat down
    Seriously, why don't all you Palm apologists just give it a rest. I have NO CHIOCE but the 700P. I have used Palm products to organize my life for TEN YEARS now! After switching to the 650--I had four and all of them had terrible crashing issues--despite the bad experience, I was addicted to the convergence. No longer a TX in one pocket and the phone in the other. But it got so bad that I dropped the 650 and DID go back to the TX and a rock-solid Moto e815.

Then the 700p came out and I thought, "OK this time I'm sure they got it right." I bought it, and dropped the TX and e815 once again. Now, after nearly a year, I can't imagine going back AGAIN! I kept waiting and waiting for a MR, hoping it would finally give me what PALM ADVERTISED since the 650: a reliable converged device that runs the good old POS and has a great phone as well.

They have me right where they want me. I am NOT buying yet another phone and going back to the TX with it. That's too many phones and too many damned accessories wasted. And I can't leave the platform that I have INVESTED countless dolllars and time in for the last ten years. I don't have time to consider switching to WM or BB. I don't have the time to move my contacts (tried it once to Outlook and it was a mess--I like the Palm Desktop.) I don't have time to learn a new OS. I WANT THE MR and you saying I'm a baby is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Why, on God's green Earth, would ANYONE settle for anything less than what they were promised? Palm advertised a product and that product doesn't work as advertised for a significant number of people that paid a significant amount of money. Is it 1%, 3%, 8%, 15%, 30%, I don't know? But judging from this site and the frustration I'm feeling here it is a significant number of dissatisfied LOYAL users. Palm owes us this. Good God after all these years of loyalty, THEY OWE ME THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so damned mad......
  18.    #18  
    I paid top dollar too, I just can't see the point in getting so incredibly riled up over 3 days worth of waiting. I'm disappointed, my 700p works as badly as yours I'm just not ready to sue people, throw it out or shoot anyone over it. It's a machine, a box, a bunch plastic, metal and silicone not real life and certainly not worthy this type of rhetoric.

I have been a palm user since the USR days. My once incredibly reliable PDA has morphed into a frustrating pile of crap and I'm very disappointed. I checked the website 50+ times today. It is frustrating because the device has so much promise but it's not worth losing my dignity over!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    WAAAHHHHH....... *sniffle, sniffle*.....WAAAHHHH!!!!!!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  20.    #20  
    And one more thing....

I got the chance to play with my first iPOD today (I know I'm in the gadget stone-age). Aside from the coolness factor the most impressive thing was that it worked flawlessly. No skipping, no reboots, no extra software required to help me figure out what Apple's bugs are! Granted this is a device with just one purpose but it was very impressive. It made me think "I bet the iPhone will work just as well"

Then I suffered through what has to be about the 500th reset since I got my 700P. What happened? I tapped the cycle indefinitely button in pTunes! Owning a 700P is like running Windows95, "it doesn't work, well it kinda works... no, it never REALLY works." If you want me to use your device instead of an iPOD or worse yet an iPHONE, don't you think that it ought to work at least nearly as well as an iPOD? I mean the skipping thing with music is just unconscionable! You give us a free copy of pTunes and it doesn't really work. Who am I doing business with? Microsoft? Adding insult to injury is the uninstaller, deleting an application should delete ALL of it, not leave bits and pieces behind that make my device slower and more unstable. Again I ask who am I doing business with? Microsoft? I even had to buy software to make it loud enough to be heard!

I cannot imagine that ANY Apple device would be released to the public with such glaring flaws in the BASIC software it CAME with!! I've owned a "Pilot" since the 1000! What made my Pilot so cool was that it simply worked. I went from 'power off' to finding the phone number I was looking for in seconds, not minutes. "My device never blue screens" I crowed. When someone asked if anybody had the number for... I always won that race! Now, it's "well if I can just get it to turn on... ok switch to address bo... Damn, it rebooted." I expect that adding capabilities to my Treo might make it unstable, I've installed some third party software that has made a real mess of my Pilot but the base software always just worked all the time, every time. I cannot say the same for my Treo.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you (PALM) develop a software certification program for developers? Palm would certify that a software that I'm buying would interoperate with all of the software that comes with the 700P base ROM image, at least. It would be really nice if you added some of the most popular titles to the "interoperability suite." How would you pay for this? Developers would pay a fee to have you test it and then they would pass that cost on to us consumers. I will admit that this will make my Treo more costly to enhance BUT after all, I paid $400+ for it I can certainly afford a few more dollars to ensure that it might actually make it through an entire day without a reset.

Lastly, I have to warn you that if the maintenace release that's on the horizon doesn't make my Treo considerably more reliable then the 700P will be my last Palm product. I think I speak for a lot of very frustrated Treo users. Please make sure you've got it right this time.
    Apologies will be accepted without prejudice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast