Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The update came with an unexpected new hardware device as well. Working well, bluetooth, email, web, built in GPS.

Give it up guys. I've used Palm since the very first Palm Pilot. I reluctantly tried this update, and I can absolutely tell you I haven't looked back.
    My update is a Treo 750 that happens to work pretty well.
    blulite, Tastypeppers - i mean this in the most polite respectfull way possible .... u suck dude.

I want my MR !!!!!!!!!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    hey blulite, how is the GPS on it? Can it be used with GoogleMaps or do you need another Mapping Software?
    At first I thought.. "who cares!" but then I realized my sound was turned off. Where can I get one of these?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    blulite, Tastypeppers - i mean this in the most polite respectfull way possible .... u suck dude.

I want my MR !!!!!!!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    hey blulite, how is the GPS on it? Can it be used with GoogleMaps or do you need another Mapping Software?
    GPS rocks. I used to use TomTom with external puck. That was alway a problem, cause you had to make sure you had the puck, and remembered to keep it charged.

The 8800 comes with built in GPS, and it works with many packages. GoogleMaps, etc. I prefer Telenav, it's $10/month, but has same features as Tomtom. I find myself looking for the nearest Dunkin Doughnuts, etc, cause you always have the GPS whenever you have the phone.
    I see that Sprint will be offering the 8830 in July. Any word on if it will work with SERO plans? I don't think that any Blackberry to date works with SERO.
    blulite,

I Got My MR Last Monday And Have Not Had One Problem Since I Acquired My New Device!!!

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    My update is a Treo 750 that happens to work pretty well.
    Yup....same here, especially since ATT business/corporate accounts can get it free after rebate with new activation. I can't believe Palm actually made a treo that has stellar bluetooth! I'm talkin about the 750 of course.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blulite View Post
    The update came with an unexpected new hardware device as well. Working well, bluetooth, email, web, built in GPS.

Give it up guys. I've used Palm since the very first Palm Pilot. I reluctantly tried this update, and I can absolutely tell you I haven't looked back.
    I believe this is in the wrong forum. There is a forum for other devices.
    It belongs here because of the sarcasm towards the 700p regarding the MR.......!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    merlyn,
    can u give me link for this. All I am getting is 20% over regular discounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Yup....same here, especially since ATT business/corporate accounts can get it free after rebate with new activation. I can't believe Palm actually made a treo that has stellar bluetooth! I'm talkin about the 750 of course.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    can someone point out the reason to buy a blackberry that is a "world edition" meaning it has CDMA and GSM chips... why not just get a pure GSM handset!?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    "can someone point out the reason to buy a blackberry that is a "world edition"

Yes. If one wanted to stick with Sprint service then they would need the Blackberry to operate on CDMA. Let's find a Blackberry Forum to continue the BB discussion and let this topic return to the 700P MR.
    Hey Coolgreany>>>>>> not much of a topic to discuss pertaining to the MR, because there ain't one!!!!
    "not much of a topic to discuss pertaining to the MR, because there ain't one!!!!"

Exactly, so this thread shouldn't have existed in the first place since there's already multiple topics on the MR. Not sure why anyone needs to create new threads!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    Exactly, so this thread shouldn't have existed in the first place since there's already multiple topics on the MR. Not sure why anyone needs to create new threads!
    So why did I start the thread? I too suffered, the 600, 650, then the 700p. All the same problems, pains, etc. I had a bunch of colleagues using the BB, and I always frowned. Then the 8800 came out, and I gave it a try. Believe it or not, it just worked. Bluetooth, GPS, SMS, email, video, MP3, plus many add-ons that I thought I needed a Treo to do (games like Sudoku, "Tip calculators", ssh, VNC, news readers).

Why wait? Whether the 8800 for GSM, or the 8830 for CDMA. Give it a try, better than waiting for the MR.
    I guess if you've moved on to a BB then you don't have to worry about a MR for the 700P anymore. Good luck.
    Will the BB's stream internet radio, or video now? I had just about every BB made. When I switched to Sprint from Nextel, the BB's would only do email, and poor web browsing. I was talked into the 700p, by corporate sales. Didn't have to pay $40 + for BB service each month. Plus all the streaming the Treo would do, that BB wouldn't. Just curious if the browser is any better, and what kind of streaming they will do now.
    Matty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast