Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Just bought a new car and unfortunately was told that Lexus does not support Palm devices such as a Treo. Does anyone know how to get bluetooth in a Lexus to sync with the new Treo 700P?
  2. #2  
    If you install the 700p Maintenance Release you'll lose the bluetooth connection to your Lexus. Odd, because Lexus was added to the MR compatibility list.

    Create a category, name it 'Lexus' or whatever your heart desires. Create Names wihtout special characters (maybe even without last name?!?) and put a single phone number with each name. Then send the category to the Lexus over bluetooth.

    RicardoG
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by medefran View Post
    Just bought a new car and unfortunately was told that Lexus does not support Palm devices such as a Treo. Does anyone know how to get bluetooth in a Lexus to sync with the new Treo 700P?
    My Sprint Treo 700P (with MR) works fine with my Lexus. There is one new step that you have to take once you've applied the MR. After you add the Lexus as a trusted device in your 700P, hit the Menu key on the 700P and you'll see a Connect option - press that (took two tries on mine) and the Lexus pairing screen should go away, indicating you've got a successful pairing.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    My Sprint Treo 700P (with MR) works fine with my Lexus. There is one new step that you have to take once you've applied the MR. After you add the Lexus as a trusted device in your 700P, hit the Menu key on the 700P and you'll see a Connect option - press that (took two tries on mine) and the Lexus pairing screen should go away, indicating you've got a successful pairing.
    yep...i had to do the same thing on my camry hybrid. i actually had to use the stylus to hit "connect" because hittng the center button wouldn't work.
  5. #5  
    stuartr, dialing any phone number (just a 1 for instance and pressing dial) will also work to force the lexus connection screen to acknowledge. My phone worked before with the lexus nav, but after the MR it works much better, caller ID actually WORKS< and the signal/battery meters also function.
  6. dimapb's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #6  
    Same here. I have no issues pairing my 700p with Lexus. The only issue I have or had was the display of incorrect names on the screen in the car when a call would come in. I just installed the MR and was able to pair the phone w/out any issues and the Caller ID seems to be working fine now.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    yep...i had to do the same thing on my camry hybrid. i actually had to use the stylus to hit "connect" because hittng the center button wouldn't work.
    YOU get the credit for telling ME about that option!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    stuartr, dialing any phone number (just a 1 for instance and pressing dial) will also work to force the lexus connection screen to acknowledge. My phone worked before with the lexus nav, but after the MR it works much better, caller ID actually WORKS< and the signal/battery meters also function.
    That's interesting... never would have thought to do that!

Posting Permissions