Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Has anyone tried the cases from Vaja?

I am considering one but since they are really expensive I'd like to get some opinions first..
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I had a vaja case for my 650. Very high quality, worth every cent.
    After about a year of heavy use, the corners started to show some wear.

I now have a 755p, the vaja cases are very tempting but I'm cosidering a Case-Mate combo as a less expensive alternative. And I like how the treo is carried with the screen facing inward.

From the pictures the quality looks good on the Case Mate.

I currently use a Nutshell, works well and has a very thin profile. It's just that everytime I pull the treo out, I'm afraid I don't have a good 'two finger' (thumb and fore finger) grip and I'm going to drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigagreen View Post

I now have a 755p, the vaja cases are very tempting but I'm cosidering a Case-Mate combo as a less expensive alternative. And I like how the treo is carried with the screen facing inward.

From the pictures the quality looks good on the Case Mate.
    I bought the case-mate combo from case-mate.com for $50, they offer free shipping....

I returned after 1 day of use....

the phone fits in leather case real snug.... the case adds about 2mm of thickness to phone.... the case is not pulled back around the keyboard, so when typing on the go... I found that the case was making it more of a challenge to press the bottom keys and cornor keys....the holster, real steardy n strong clip and both case & holster are good leather quality but the phone does not clip or lock into holster in ayway... it just slides into holster, making it real easy to just slide out... I usually wear horizontally and found that the phone would slide right out of holster, the phone itself is still enclosed in the other case but I wasn't comfortable with the phone not being locked into holster in anyway... the only thing that holds phone in holser is the leather up against the material on the internal of holster, I felt for 50 bucks it wasn't worth it if there was a good chance that the phone could easily get knocked out or even stolen with a tiny push... if there was a clip or some locking setup to make sure phone couldn't fall out of holster then it would be perfect... the quick release is nice but I would rather deal with the little extra work knowing that the phone is more secure on my waist, not that I have to keep checking everytime I get in n out of car or walk through crowds

right now I am just using BSE and the seidio rubberized holster for unskinned treo.... I might get next the palm flexi skin, wish I could just get a black one... rather then all three... and combine that with the seidio holster for skinned treo...i loved the flexi skin for treo 700, made typing allot quicker on the go
    While DUN'g, I put my 755P with the fat battery into my Seidio two-toned side pouch and it was a really snug fit. The pouch's magnetic top barely connected. Also, the Treo's buttons would often get pressed, causing the cursor to jump from field to field endlessly (which keeps the device "awake" and battery consumption higher). I finally was able to, somehow, get it in there without the button-pushing. I was able to do it, again, later. Hopefully, this will become easier over time.

I already own the Seidio rubberized super-slim case, but I was going to purchase the rubberized super-slim case for the fat battery. Now, I'm not sure if that tiny bit of added thickness will keep the device from fitting in the pouch.

The pouch is a really nice size, too. I'm not sure I'd want one that was much bigger. I think this one said it could accommodate the extended battery for the 680, so I thought it'd work for me.

Maybe if I took my mini-sd (with sd adapter) out of the pouch (oh yeah, the case has a slim pocket in it) it'd have enough wiggle-room. I guess you're cool if your phone isn't active, but I'm hoping to find a nice work-around.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    if u want to let go of your rubberized case for treo 755 that fits with regular battery let me know.. i think u stated above that u might get one that fits your extended battery
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchan79 View Post
    I'm currently using a formfit case from Fortte. Its a great case, doesn't add much bulk, and I like how there is plastic protecting the entire screen and keyboard.

I got mine in black

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/323?type=0

http://www.fortte.com/images/pda-cas...om/portada.jpg
    This case looks great, I am going to have to give it a try.
    I got the Palm in that pic Holster + the BSE skin... works well for me
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I got the Palm in that pic Holster + the BSE skin... works well for me
    i thknk u are referring to the palm case that i posted above, the last one, do u think the palm flexi skin on the treo would fit ok in that case, is there slite room in there? what is the inside of the case lined with, leather or like suede?
    I'm seriously considering this one. I like it because it has a magentic closure instead of snap. You can maneuver your thumb under the flap and give it a little "flip" to open it. So it would be one handed.

I had this type of case for my Palm TX and it worked very well. Provided protection yet easy to use.

I actually prefer carrying my Treo nekkid...but I'm also afraid of hurting it. So I think I'll use this case during the week so it looks more like a PDA and less like a phone (for meetings and such), and go nekkid on the weekends.
    http://www.ebcases.com/-strse-3374/e...lip/Detail.bok
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it looks like the case might get in the way of the bottom buttons.. i heard the vaja cases are moved back away from the keyboard more but of course they are more $
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    it looks like the case might get in the way of the bottom buttons.. i heard the vaja cases are moved back away from the keyboard more but of course they are more $
    You might be right. I'm not a huge texter so ultimately I don't think it will be an issue for me, but I guess I won't know til I try it.

I do wish it was offered in more colors.
    The Palm pouch holster thing is nice. It was way too tight with a 700p. The 755 fits in there better.

I have one, but do not use it often. The reason why is because of the threads about the paint or texture rubbing off on some of the 755 models. This holster is still pretty tight down the sides. I had a Nextel Bberry that had a similar finish as the 755. I used a similar case with it and over time the front two sides of the device changed from a flat finish to a shiny finish from taking it in and out of the case so many times. I fear that would happen with the 755.

I have not tried, but have a feeling that a 755 with a skin would be too tight with that last Palm holster/pouch. If it is too snug it winds up pressing a few buttons.
    i thknk u are referring to the palm case that i posted above, the last one, do u think the palm flexi skin on the treo would fit ok in that case, is there slite room in there? what is the inside of the case lined with, leather or like suede?

Actually i have the same question... I am thinking of getting a felxi case too to go along with that holster... just that $39.99 for 3 flexi skins is just overkill for me...
    i found on ebay for cheaper, i am hoping i can get someone that wants the pink one, lol

it comes out to $30 shipped here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/3280WW-Palm-Flex...QQcmdZViewItem
    I was a huge fan of this product by Palm and it sucks, it scratches the phone and the clip broke on it.

I am upset with the quality of their accessories.

Really upset. Hopefully palm will replace it ??
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    I was a huge fan of this product by Palm and it sucks, it scratches the phone and the clip broke on it.

I am upset with the quality of their accessories.

Really upset. Hopefully palm will replace it ??
    i am guessing u are referring to the palm holster
    i am selling a pink palm flexi skin, brand new if anyone wants...
    $10 shipped

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151321
    i am guessing u are referring to the palm holster
    The Air Case's holster broke.

I really like the holster idea (kinda like the blackberry style)

And the actual air case scratched up the phone.
    So then what is the best holster for the 755p? I'm looking for one that doesn't slip of easily. I've lost my phone five times now because it comes off to easily. I've managed to find it every time but only because people are nice enough to bring it to the lost and found.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast