Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway (software or otherwise) to be able to voicedial thru a bluetooth headset?
    At this time, this is my one reservation about ordering a Treo 680.
    TIA.
    Regards,

    Allan C.
  2. #2  
    No. You can initiate voice dial from the handset and speak into the handset mic, but you can't do it with your headset only without touching the phone..only the 750 supports it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    No. You can initiate voice dial from the handset and speak into the handset mic, but you can't do it with your headset only without touching the phone..only the 750 supports it.
    How about pressing a button on the phone and saying the name on the bluetooth headset (sort of a compromise).
    A second question about the headsets - can I use the headset to end the conversation?
    Regards,

    Allan C.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by allanc View Post
    How about pressing a button on the phone and saying the name on the bluetooth headset (sort of a compromise).
    A second question about the headsets - can I use the headset to end the conversation?
    No, but the treo mic is pretty sensitive and will pick up the command if its on your console. Once the call is place you have full control with the headset. Hangup/hold etc..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    No, but the treo mic is pretty sensitive and will pick up the command if its on your console. Once the call is place you have full control with the headset. Hangup/hold etc..
    Two last questions:
    Can the headset be used to *answer* a call (without touching the Treo)?
    In this group's opinion, should this lack of full bluetooth functionality be considered a show stopper?
    TIA.
    Regards,

    Allan C.
  6. #6  
    Yes, you can answer with the headset, but in my experience, it's a bit flaky. Mostly it works, but at times it doesn't. I also find that there are times when my 680 thinks it's still connected to the headset, when in fact the headset is off.

    Is it a showstopper? Isn't for me. A bit of an annoyance, since my previous phone (not a Treo, a Nokia 360) played very nicely with the bluetooth headset and had built-in voice dial. However, I find that it's fine for the amount I need to dial in the car.

    Your mileage may vary.

    Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  7. #7  
    This has annoyed me too personally but at least I shouldn't really be MAKING calls while driving so! At least it answers fine!
  8. jazzdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #8  
    Can the headset be used to *answer* a call (without touching the Treo)?
    If you navigate to the Hands-Free preference and select "Always route call to Hands-Free" you can answer the phone without touching either the phone or the bluetooth device. This is a terrific feature for me, and a reason to not move on to the 750.

Posting Permissions