1.    #1  
    I just got my 755p replaced due to an error that i got(see below) sprint nor palm could tell me what the error ment . my question is what should i do? should i do another clean install ? should i back up from my backup man or should i hot sync? * when i went from my 700p to the 755p i did a clean install and renamed the back up folder to back up old.

I have posted on this board with no results about what this error may mean. The only thing that i have running in the background is versamail. . im getting this error message very random on my phone maybe once a day maybe not at all. the message reads

a reset was caused by messaging , zlauncher contact phone mail. ( these have been the reasons they have not come all at one time .)

the rest of the message reads
    BGnetTasklmpl.c
    line:527,BGT
    Task q is full
    *anyone know what this error means?

as of this posting the last time my phone reset was on 5/30/07 and the reason they are saying is zlauncher
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 06/01/2007 at 06:58 AM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I would restore from new with just your contacts and stuff. Use the standard interface a while and see what happens. Things like Bug Me, ZLauncher, Backupman, they all run from the Treo's internal "alarm". If you have a host of programs all using the same alarm, I can see why your queue gets full!

Tom
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    I would restore from new with just your contacts and stuff. Use the standard interface a while and see what happens. Things like Bug Me, ZLauncher, Backupman, they all run from the Treo's internal "alarm". If you have a host of programs all using the same alarm, I can see why your queue gets full!

Tom
    tom please explain ? back up man runs at 3am
    treo alarm goes off at 6am
    no alarms on bug me just a quick note pad
    please explain more
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    The way the Palm OS works, according to my understanding, is that programs that want to "run in the background" set an "alarm" for the operating system. When the the specified time arrives, the operating system fires the alarm, and the program wakes up and does what it needs to do.

The operating system must have a queue of these alarms, and if you have too many of them, the operating system apparently doesn't know how to handle it gracefully.

So, things that happen at specified times? Too many of those are bad, it appears.

This is all speculation on my part based on what little I've learned about Palm OS internals, but it seems to make sense.

Tom
  5.    #5  

Tom
    please explain a little more
    z launcher not running any alarms
    backup man runs at 3am
    butler 6am
    bug me is just a note pad for me i dont use the alarm function
    would three be to many?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 06/01/2007 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    please explain a little more
    z launcher
    backup man runs at 3am
    treo alrm 6am
    bug me is just a note pad
    would three be to many?
    But what if ZLauncher has 4 alarms, and TreoAlarm has 7 alarms? Or if you have repeating alarms each day, then it's who knows how many?

Anyways, you've reached the limit of my knowledge.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    the rest of the message reads
    BGnetTasklmpl.c
    Task q is full
    *anyone know what this error means?
    I got the same message on my phone about 3 hours ago. First time it ever happened. I have had the phone for about 5 days now.

Mine says the crash occurred using "aplications".

I DO NOT have Zlauncher installed on my phone. Only thing i have running in the backround is Verichat and at the time of the crash it was not running.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell View Post
    I got the same message on my phone about 3 hours ago. First time it ever happened. I have had the phone for about 5 days now.

Mine says the crash occurred using "aplications".

I DO NOT have Zlauncher installed on my phone. Only thing i have running in the backround is Verichat and at the time of the crash it was not running.
    see thats strange but it has not happen to me since 5/30/07 i have taken my battery out just to see if i was having the same problem with the 700p and text message. glad to report not.
    any idea why this is happening?
    i just got a new one 755p today . but someone else posted that it happen to them after about 3 hours into the new one
  9.    #9  
    But what if ZLauncher has 4 alarms, and TreoAlarm has 7 alarms? Or if you have repeating alarms each day, then it's who knows how many?

Anyways, you've reached the limit of my knowledge.

Tom
    thanks tom zlauncher is not running any alarms for me just butler at 6am and backupman 3am and of course versamail.
    I have this on my 755p, i think i've narrowed it down to the most recent version of ptunes. Do you all have ptunes installed?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte View Post
    I have this on my 755p, i think i've narrowed it down to the most recent version of ptunes. Do you all have ptunes installed?
    yes the version that came with the treo
    as a matter of fact i believe the days i got the reset i did use pocket tunes
    Yes I have Pocket Tunes. Also the version that came with the 755p. And I also used Pocket Tunes today the day it happened. About 1 hour before the reset.
    I use pock tunes and ZL and have had Zero resets due to these.
    Why do you guys have to back up at 3 AM? What are you doing all night that you have to back it up at that time? ( No, I'd rather you not post it here,
    Why dont you just back it up manually and remaove ALL timed events, see if works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I use pock tunes and ZL and have had Zero resets due to these.
    Why do you guys have to back up at 3 AM? What are you doing all night that you have to back it up at that time? ( No, I'd rather you not post it here,
    Why dont you just back it up manually and remaove ALL timed events, see if works?
    I'm not currently using an automated backup. I stopped it to see if it was the problem. I have not yet used ptunes on this hard reset, and i haven't had this issue. I am a believer that ptunes is the problem at this point...
    Well i got the error again today. This time it said the error was caused by "contacts".

It still said:

BGnetTasklmpl.c
    Task q is full

I did a hard reset this morning to clean up some programs about 4 hours before i got the error. And i have not used Pocket Tunes in about 2 days.

It seems the error is happening every 3 days.
    Error happened again today.

I think it has something to do with Versamail. Evertime the phone goes to retrieve my mail is when the error occurs.

I am going to shut off auto-sync and see what happens.
    I thought it was versamail too. And i think its defiantly related, but right now i have not ran ptunes since hard reset and i'm going 6 days strong without reset. Running exchange active sync...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte View Post
    I thought it was versamail too. And i think its defiantly related, but right now i have not ran ptunes since hard reset and i'm going 6 days strong without reset. Running exchange active sync...
    where you able to narrow down your problem?