1.    #1  
    I've searched the internet, read the ZLauncher help pdf (not very helpful, overall ;-) and even purchased Zlauncher Background Converter... I cannot create any image on my desktop that Zlauncher will accept as a background image. This is very frustrating. The documentation with the app doesn't provide any usable info and the images that were produced by the Converter I mention above cannot be opened or set as the background by Zlauncher. I'm trying to create 320x320 jpg or bmp files, but nothing is working to set as the background. I continually get Error Sys 0502 messages. I can't find any instructions after several Google searches either. I feel this shouldn't be this hard... anyone know of a website they can point me to with instructions or something clear about the best way to do this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I just resized my jpegs to 320*320 (for Treo 680), and then saved them as jpegs on the SD card palm/programs/zlauncher/backimage.

They were then selectable from the theme manager.

No conversion needed. Have you installed the JpegLib.prc?
    Like Pulster said, you need the JpegLib.prc in order for zlauncher to use custom backgrounds.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulster View Post
    Hmmm, I just resized my jpegs to 320*320 (for Treo 680), and then saved them as jpegs on the SD card palm/programs/zlauncher/backimage.

They were then selectable from the theme manager.

No conversion needed. Have you installed the JpegLib.prc?
    Yes, I have it installed. Still not working. I realized that the MarkSpace photos I installed using Missing Sync, which syncs iPhoto pics, can be selected by Zlauncher as the background. So, now I'm confused why these particular pics aren't working... the ones I've converted using the Converter tool I mentioned above or manually using Adobe Photoshop. I've tried them as bmp and jpg files but they don't work. I get the Error noted above
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Try using GIMP for Macs rather than Photoshop to make your jpegs will rule out if Photoshop is adding something peculiar to the file
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulster View Post
    Try using GIMP for Macs rather than Photoshop to make your jpegs will rule out if Photoshop is adding something peculiar to the file
    Pulster, thanks for the suggestion. The scaling and cropping are much easier than Photoshop and I like the Gimp interface. The files I created work perfectly as Zlauncher backgrounds. Much appreciated! Thanks for the addition suggestions from others above as well in addressing the problem.
    Last edited by talkin73; 06/01/2007 at 08:46 PM.