Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149
  1.    #1  
    How sneaky of palm not to post a NEW entry for fear of not having their new product the first thing people see when they first come to their blog. This was the last delay from them I'm putting up with. I am done with palm. I will never buy another palm product so help me God. I will begin looking at other Smartphones with Windows Mobile immediately. I *HATE* WM, but I can learn to live with it if I can find a device that is properly taken care of by it's maker. That's it. I'm done. I hope the palm guys know what they've done by screwing all us with defective 700p's. In the end, it's really THEIR loss as future business will be lost.

    http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/05/timing_update_f.html
  2. #2  
    I bought two 700P when it just came out last year. This sucks big time. Any lawyer here? Should we sue Palm for this?
  3. #3  
    Wow nice catch. This is getting ridiculous.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Ah.... quit pissing and moaning. You've got two more days before the end of the week promise is invalid. Complain then. Until then, post on something useful.
    I have VZW. He clearly stated the MR would not be available for VZW this week. My post was useful you *****. It informed people of the hidden update on palm's blog. Your post however was ****ing useless - a post about complaining about something that was infact useful. Go crawl back in palm's wallet.
  5. #5  
    How about one day? All I know is my business operates on a five day week in general terms. The fact that palm has waited until the end of the week.. Dont know. I am sure Sprint shares much of the grief for the delay in the release of the MR. However, palm has had over one year to submit this update to make the 700P fully operationaly. Hmm.

    We should all consider another platform. BB 8300 is looking like a replacement for me.
  6. #6  
    Has anybody here tried a 755p?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    I bought two 700P when it just came out last year. This sucks big time. Any lawyer here? Should we sue Palm for this?
    No, suing is dumb. In theory, it would work and be great but we wouldn't get anything out of it. We really have to just switch to a different manufacturer of phones. That's what I'm going to do as much as I didn't want to have to. Palm doesn't care about us and doesn't get it. A lot of people will *talk* about switching phones, but I swear to you, I AM going to.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Has anybody here tried a 755p?
    No, but from all reports, it's what the 700p was supposed to be. Palm chose to make a new device instead of updating an existing one. No way in holy hell would I buy that thing. It's all about the principal.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I have VZW. He clearly stated the MR would not be available for VZW this week. My post was useful you *****. It informed people of the hidden update on palm's blog. Your post however was ****ing useless - a post about complaining about something that was infact useful. Go crawl back in palm's wallet.
    You're right. I deleted my post just to make you happy. You should stop supporting Palm and buy another product. It will make that much more of a difference on whether or not Palm posts the maintenance release this week or next week. Congrats.
  10. #10  
    SUE I say!!! This is brilliant! If only it had been mentioned sooner we could have had some sort of preemptive plan in place.

    Why didn't anyone think of this months ago, or better yet back when the 650 was released???????


    ONe111onE1111oNE!!!!
  11.    #11  
    RE: User "SteveNYC"

    I see that he deleted his original post that I quoted in this thread. Obviously the work of a palm-puppy. I hate it when their employees infect legit user groups like this and try to put a positive spin on something so obviously ****ing wrong. "SteveNYC" done got got! hahah Loser.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    You're right. I deleted my post just to make you happy. You should stop supporting Palm and buy another product. It will make that much more of a difference on whether or not Palm posts the maintenance release this week or next week. Congrats.
    hahah what a tool!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    RE: User "SteveNYC"

    I see that he deleted his original post that I quoted in this thread. Obviously the work of a palm-puppy. I hate it when their employees infect legit user groups like this and try to put a positive spin on something so obviously ****ing wrong. "SteveNYC" done got got! hahah Loser.
    Umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    You're right. I deleted my post just to make you happy. You should stop supporting Palm and buy another product. It will make that much more of a difference on whether or not Palm posts the maintenance release this week or next week. Congrats.
    Doesn't appear to be mysterious
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Umm...


    Doesn't appear to be mysterious
    Exactly. I don't work for Palm and I am as frustrated by the delays as anyone else. I own a Verizon 700P and I will have to wait as well. But the incessant complaining from one week to the next has become tiresome. Palm is not the final decision maker on this matter. The carriers are. Why do you think that the Sprint update is coming before the Verizon update? Because Palm has it "in" for Verizon? Come on, grow up. The carriers have the final say on these matters, but they don't have a blog that announces the fact. Palm does.

    So, in ending this, I'll give c5vettes this... he's right, Palm should not have posted an update to their earlier blog posting. They should have posted a completely new entry. But the whole "I'm not going to support them" is boring. They have your money already. They win. Period. They were the best product at the time and you bought it. The case is closed. So there are better products out there now? Great, go buy them. I will too. But please, let go of the whole, "they will die before I give them another dollar" routine. It's just boring.

    Flame away, you seem to enjoy it.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Exactly. I don't work for Palm and I am as frustrated by the delays as anyone else. I own a Verizon 700P and I will have to wait as well. But the incessant complaining from one week to the next has become tiresome. Palm is not the final decision maker on this matter. The carriers are. Why do you think that the Sprint update is coming before the Verizon update? Because Palm has it "in" for Verizon? Come on, grow up. The carriers have the final say on these matters, but they don't have a blog that announces the fact. Palm does.

    So, in ending this, I'll give c5vettes this... he's right, Palm should not have posted an update to their earlier blog posting. They should have posted a completely new entry. But the whole "I'm not going to support them" is boring. They have your money already. They win. Period. They were the best product at the time and you bought it. The case is closed. So there are better products out there now? Great, go buy them. I will too. But please, let go of the whole, "they will die before I give them another dollar" routine. It's just boring.

    Flame away, you seem to enjoy it.
    Amen!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Exactly. I don't work for Palm and I am as frustrated by the delays as anyone else. I own a Verizon 700P and I will have to wait as well. But the incessant complaining from one week to the next has become tiresome. Palm is not the final decision maker on this matter. The carriers are. Why do you think that the Sprint update is coming before the Verizon update? Because Palm has it "in" for Verizon? Come on, grow up. The carriers have the final say on these matters, but they don't have a blog that announces the fact. Palm does.

    So, in ending this, I'll give c5vettes this... he's right, Palm should not have posted an update to their earlier blog posting. They should have posted a completely new entry. But the whole "I'm not going to support them" is boring. They have your money already. They win. Period. They were the best product at the time and you bought it. The case is closed. So there are better products out there now? Great, go buy them. I will too. But please, let go of the whole, "they will die before I give them another dollar" routine. It's just boring.

    Flame away, you seem to enjoy it.
    I'm not even going to read your reply. I don't care what it says. You win. I'm wrong.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Palm is not the final decision maker on this matter. The carriers are. Why do you think that the Sprint update is coming before the Verizon update?
    I've expressed this point in another thread. The culprit here is the carriers, not the manufacturer. We will not see decent phones, with the features we want, until the Feds (I hate saying this) step in and force all carriers to open up to all compatible devices bought through other sources.

    The arguments the wireless carriers use today against this are similar to the ones Ma Bell used way back when. And yeah, I remember when this happened because I am THAT OLD.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    ... the whole "I'm not going to support them" is boring. They have your money already. They win. Period. They were the best product at the time and you bought it. The case is closed. So there are better products out there now? Great, go buy them. I will too. But please, let go of the whole, "they will die before I give them another dollar" routine...
    While I agree with the "boring" part, I disagree with the "they win" idea.

    Much of their market share is based upon returning customers. Most users of palm devices began with an earlier model and upgraded (if you can call it that) to a newer device.

    I am so dissatisfied with how they handled this device and its eternally delayed update, that I can no longer trust them. Yes, they took my money for my 700p, but they certainly won't get it for the 755, 800, 850, whatever.

    Now that we see how idiotic they are for spending tremendous amounts of resource on their pathetic Foleo, they will likely be unable to have another opportunity to even try to get our money. More than likely, this will be the true death of Palm.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD View Post
    More than likely, this will be the true death of Palm.
    how comical. there are tons of 700p users in this country...and very few of them are on here. the majority of 700p users love their 700p...i'd even say a lot of people on this forum love the 700p.

    there is a fairly simple reason for that...the 700p combines functions that no other phone has...at least no other non palm phone.

    even with the occasional lags, and text message delays (my bluetooth is flawless)...it's still the best phone out there for a large segment of power users. the only delay that bugs me is with chatter...but even WITH the delays...it is 10 times faster for me to check my e-mail with chatter than it is to go log onto aol on my computer and check it.

    and no...i don't work for palm and i can't wait for the mr to make this phone even better.
  20. JCFox's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #20  
    Well, as a Verizon customer, I'm pretty upset about the delay - although, I was kind of hoping the MR would flop to give me an excuse to finally dump the phone and get the new BlackBerry 8830 (the one with crippled GPS thanks to Verizon).

    The fact that Verizon has a $100 rebate for NEW lines, but not for someone like me with 7 lines and $500 a month in bills is also rather irritating.

    At any rate - much the same way the smart people on this site disected the ROM for the Treo755, and posted it here I hope and trust the SPRINT Treo owners will kindly post the updated ROM on this site so someone else can figure out what it will take to fix a Verizon phone. Then, we can put it on an SD card to re-load every time we need to re-boot, heck, maybe someone nice can turn it into a PRC file so we can just press a button after every restart....although, with luck we won't have any.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions