Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Not to mention the censoring of intelligent posts on the Palm blog.

Palm is a peice of work, I'm tellin' ya. A real piece of work.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Seriously, this is sad. This is easily the worst week in palm's entire career.

Im now going to specifically tell people to not buy a Palm device ever again.

The company I work for pays for my service which includes tethering so I can be available to work on files wherever I am. Unfortunately my 700p can only stay connected for 10 minutes at a time... thus not being a very effective tool. This is not in addition to the other issues I have.

I will be going to a different solution as soon as I have the out of pocket funds to do so. Linux or not, I can't imagine Palm staying around in its current form much longer... especially after the iPhone.

I think a lot of people were hoping that Hawkin's visionary excellence that used to have parity with Steve Jobs, would have come out with something to save Palm. Something that would have the excellence the we came to expect out of such a visionary. We got a word processor that can't directly send email without another device being paired to it.

If he tells you that, "this device isn't quite there, but you can see the vision and direction we want to go" you already know you shouldn't be buying this device. He's basically telling you, "We want to make a really small laptop that's based on linux and doesn't cost a lot"

Im still trying to figure out how OLPC can beat Palm in everything they are trying to do.
    Boy Am I Glad I Sold My Used Treo 700p Yesterday For $375.00 Bucks. They Can Keep Them All, And Shove Them Right Up Their A**.

Bought A New Blackberry 8830, And It's Amazing To Actually Have A Device That's Not Freezing Up And Re-setting It's Self All Day Long! I'll Do Without A Camera, And Keep My Small Digital Camera Handy When Needed.

Good Luck To All Who Still Are Keeping Hope In The Palm Corporation.............

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by FSUFAN1200 View Post
    Boy Am I Glad I Sold My Used Treo 700p Yesterday For $375.00 Bucks. They Can Keep Them All, And Shove Them Right Up Their A**.

Bought A New Blackberry 8830, And It's Amazing To Actually Have A Device That's Not Freezing Up And Re-setting It's Self All Day Long! I'll Do Without A Camera, And Keep My Small Digital Camera Handy When Needed.

Good Luck To All Who Still Are Keeping Hope In The Palm Corporation.............

Matt
    How are the PDA applications compared to the Palm variants??
    have you guys been keeping up on the posts on the blog?

wow
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.

Matt

Where'd you get $375 for your used 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc View Post
    Where'd you get $375 for your used 700p?
    I know if I could sell it for that, then I would not even blink before I threw it at them.
    Interesting... Unless the times are nonsense on the posts, it looks like they are now selectively choosing what ends up on the blog... I made a reply around 10:30 and it isn't there... Maybe they are just so overwhelmed with responses they aren't bothering to post them all...
    masonuc,

listed it on ebay, and after one day, i sold it to someone who e-mailed me and asked me what would I take for it, and pulled the auction, and sold it directly to him. lucky for sure........

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    Interesting... Unless the times are nonsense on the posts, it looks like they are now selectively choosing what ends up on the blog... I made a reply around 10:30 and it isn't there... Maybe they are just so overwhelmed with responses they aren't bothering to post them all...
    My guess is they are censoring them...
    Frozen01,

Honestly I haven't messed with it too much other than setting up my e-mail accounts, which works amazingly. The display is awesome, and I love how thin it is. It actually has been on since 5am pushing all my e-mails flawlessly, and I have used the phone & web browser a few times checking the weather radar because we are finally getting some rain here in south florida. I will be working till 10pm tonight, so I'm going to mess with it this evening.

Matt
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Fsufan1200 -

watch your ebay sale carefully, that is a typical ebay scam, hopefully you have confirmed your payment...Ive stopped selling on ebay because of all the scamers lerking in the shadows there. so just be careful
    Will post again tomorrow.

so where is the supposed post for today, by the way....
    Matty
    Vander,

Thanks for the info, but the money was Paypal-ed right in my account. I have been an ebayer for quite a while, and there are tons of scams out there for sure.

Matt
    Frozen01,

Honestly I haven't messed with it too much other than setting up my e-mail accounts, which works amazingly. The display is awesome, and I love how thin it is. It actually has been on since 5am pushing all my e-mails flawlessly, and I have used the phone & web browser a few times checking the weather radar because we are finally getting some rain here in south florida. I will be working till 10pm tonight, so I'm going to mess with it this evening.

Matt
    i am curiuos about BB's...can they push multiple e-mail accounts at the same time like chatter? also...do they have applications built in that would be comparable to ptunes, date book, DA, etc?
    Yes it pushes multiple e-mail accounts at the same time! I'm not familar with ptunes, datebook, or DA. But, it does have awesome applications like those.

Matt
    if BB data wasn't so expensive id for sure try it out.

Just started reading over the thread. Comments- you cant sue Palm for a delayed MR, i'm a law student in mergers an acquisitions. There isn't anything to sue them over because they can release it whenever they want technically, nothing was promised. It was a estimated week/date anyways. You can't physically prove they negatively impacted your life or business though a delayed update- it's impossible and no court would grant you settlement.

I agree with the general sentiment of the thread though. People should just stop buying Palm products. Yes, they've gotten your money already, but as mentioned earlier, they thrive on repeat customers mostly. I for one won't be buying another 2004 hardware loaded treo in 2007/2008.

I'll be looking to HTC for their 6800 on Sprint, as HTC makes decent innovative products unlike Palm. Good example- look at the Foleo, what a piece of junk. It doesnt do anything other than try to be a laptop which people already have. As well as its using early 2000's technology, if that- exactly what Palm's known for.
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    Just started reading over the thread. Comments- you cant sue Palm for a delayed MR, i'm a law student in mergers an acquisitions. There isn't anything to sue them over because they can release it whenever they want technically, nothing was promised. It was a estimated week/date anyways. You can't physically prove they negatively impacted your life or business though a delayed update- it's impossible and no court would grant you settlement.
    Umm..

Palm released a defective product.

It was not suitable for the purposes it was marketed for.

(A jury might come to the conclusion it is not suitable for ANY purpose)

Palms own website lists "compatible" bluetooth headsets and they don't
    all work - even the best are a bit "spotty".

Palm advertised features not present in the device (like MP3 ringers)

You can prove that your life and or business were negatively impacted by
    the bugs in the device.

The lack of an MR isn't a tort claim, but the device itself w/o an MR is.

I'll leave the rest of this as an exercise to the reader.

JC
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lndshrk View Post
    The lack of an MR isn't a tort claim, but the device itself w/o an MR is. I'll leave the rest of this as an exercise to the reader.
    JC
    Tort claim? Which one? I can see a contracts claim of breach of warrantee (express, implied, etc).
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Tort claim? Which one? I can see a contracts claim of breach of warrantee (express, implied, etc).
    Let's see. How have I been injured by this?

• Could it be the time the phone reset while I was talking to the Senior Manager of my group?
    • What about the message that was lost during the reset at 4:40 PM today?
    • Who called at 10:40 last night that set off a reset? Was it important?
    • How many hours have I lost debugging this thing? (My time is expensive.)

Palm on the other hand:

• Denied for many months the defects in the product.
    • Diverted resources to releasing new products instead of fixing this one.
    • Has delayed for one year in fixing the defective product.

I only want the T700p to work as well as the T650 that it replaced.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast