Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    Are you talking about the entry that says?:

"Update:

We appreciate the frustration that has been shared and everyone's patience. I know we said we are working to deliver the 700p maintenance release (MR) the week of May 28th. We are still hoping to make the MR available for Sprint Treo 700p users tomorrow or early next week.

Unfortunately, the MR will not be available this week for Treo 700p Verizon Wireless users, but we expect it will be available soon.

Will post again tomorrow."

It''s posted under MAy 18th but doesn't say the "update" date.
    If you scan to the bottom of the Blog the last entry is from Paul Loeffler indicating that he posted an update at 6:30 last night.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Thankfully someone higher up at sprint reviewed the letter I sent them from our buddy Steve and is replacing my phone with a 755p with the option of trading it in for the new BB8830 (of course I have to pay the difference). Most likely I will stick with the 755p since I have so much invested in the Palm lineup from chargers, BT GPS units, GPS software(TomTom), syncing software (palm desktop for OS X is older than the Apple IIC), 3rd party applications(snapper, volume care, kinoma ect.. So no its not just a $300 phone after rebates I spent easily $400 on accessories for it.
    Wanna share a copy of that letter to us all? Since it worked for you to upgrade, maybe it will help us too!

I'm willing to try anything at this point... This is utterly ludicrous. (Yes, I am a VZW customer so my ire is a bit stronger right now than the Sprint users...LOL)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    This is a hugely important point - if you simply do the math, you have to realize that the number of people who are unhappy with their Treos are very small. Surveys on this very forum indicate that folks are generally happy with their 700p. This forum is a small minority of the general user population.

Don't folks remember when this same thing happened with the 650 memory issues? Everyone freaked out and declared the absolute death of Palm.

I'm not advocating that folks don't express their views, but does it have to be this CONTINUAL diatribe of silliness?
    Yeah, what he said.

Good luck switching to any of the other devices you choose. Just make sure to not read any of the forums full of people complaining about problems with that device before you buy it.
    That is true, I am generally happy with my Treos. I actually think the 700p is a good improvement over the 650. As always, it is give-n-take. But overall, I am happy with the $300+ I have spent on additional apps & games for the PalmOS and Treos.

As I've said before, I have been waiting for Palm to iron out the mostly minor bugs and nuances for a year now and have learned to work around those bugs. Another day or week isn't going to kill me.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Any way you slice it, for them to say the MR will be out in the 1st Q '07 and then apologize and say it will be out the week of the 28th of May and then apologize again and say we don't really know when it will be out...that is outrageous. Anyone who disagrees with that statement is a mystery to me. Why would anyone find this acceptable behavior from a company? It is calculated and I find it reprehensible.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petesamprs View Post
    My verizon 700p is a paperweight now. anyone want it?
    I'll take it if its free...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Note: This message is not meant to target any specific individual, just the general "atmosphere" of this forum.

This is my first and only post you will see here on this forum. Like many of you, I have been a loyal Palm user for many years. I have had several Palm products and have been generally satisfied with all of them. I currently am using a 700P from Verizon. I am pretty happy with the device. The only real issue I have is with the device being slow to respond while it is searching for a signal. When I first got the device, I had trouble initially pairing with a bluetooth headset, but after a couple tries I had it working and has been working relaibly since.

What I find amusing about this forum is how many people say they are "done" with Palm and that they will never buy another Palm product again or spend any more money on Palm products again. That's fine. I would do the same thing if I were that unhappy, however there is a time to let it go. If you are done with Palm, you also should be done with this forum. If you are abandoning this device and want nothing to do with it anymore, why keep complaining about it over and over again? Get on with your life. Get a new device. Let the people who are satisfied with their devices enjoy them, share helpful advice, wait for the MR when it comes (and hope that it does address the issues it is intended to).

I am the type of person who usually won't complain at all if I am disatisfied with a product or service. I am usually the "silent protest" type. If I walk into a store and not approached by a salesperson within a reasonable amount of time, I simply walk out and shop where I can receive the service I expect.

If I purchase a product with which I am unsatisfied, I will try to seek support or satisfaction, however if I don't receive it, I will move on. I understand that people have invested time and money on their 700p devices, but if you are truly unsatisfied, please.... let it go. It will be better for you. It will be better for all of us.

Thank you all for reading and thanks for your time.

Now on to something more productive.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I think customers who have spent $500-$700 for something that doesn't do what it was supposed to do have a right to be *****y. For all those who have had perfect Treo 700p's and want to rub it in the rest of our faces, we're not forcing you to read these threads.

If you want to be shills for Palm, go to the MyTreo.Net forums and complain about how TreoCentral people are a bunch of whiny philistines, but you can't blame us for wanting to vent. Our wallets and our loyalty have been screwed, and we, as customers, have been abused. We have a right to whine.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WahWahWah View Post
    Note: This message is not meant to target any specific individual, just the general "atmosphere" of this forum.

This is my first and only post you will see here on this forum. Like many of you, I have been a loyal Palm user for many years. I have had several Palm products and have been generally satisfied with all of them. I currently am using a 700P from Verizon. I am pretty happy with the device. The only real issue I have is with the device being slow to respond while it is searching for a signal. When I first got the device, I had trouble initially pairing with a bluetooth headset, but after a couple tries I had it working and has been working relaibly since.

What I find amusing about this forum is how many people say they are "done" with Palm and that they will never buy another Palm product again or spend any more money on Palm products again. That's fine. I would do the same thing if I were that unhappy, however there is a time to let it go. If you are done with Palm, you also should be done with this forum. If you are abandoning this device and want nothing to do with it anymore, why keep complaining about it over and over again? Get on with your life. Get a new device. Let the people who are satisfied with their devices enjoy them, share helpful advice, wait for the MR when it comes (and hope that it does address the issues it is intended to).

I am the type of person who usually won't complain at all if I am disatisfied with a product or service. I am usually the "silent protest" type. If I walk into a store and not approached by a salesperson within a reasonable amount of time, I simply walk out and shop where I can receive the service I expect.

If I purchase a product with which I am unsatisfied, I will try to seek support or satisfaction, however if I don't receive it, I will move on. I understand that people have invested time and money on their 700p devices, but if you are truly unsatisfied, please.... let it go. It will be better for you. It will be better for all of us.

Thank you all for reading and thanks for your time.

Now on to something more productive.
    Must be nice to have so much money that throwing $700 out the window is easy to do.

Many of us can't be so easy come, easy go when it comes to these types of purchases.

You are the type of person that manufactures love because they know you won't complain and won't send in the rebate and will simply walk back into Circuit City and buy something else.

Wish I could put my $700 mistake in a drawer and feel good and walk out and spend some more.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    As a Vzw user I'll gladly wait a week while the Sprint users beta test this release for us! Of course if it has problems it won't stop Vzw from releasing it.

I would like to second what someone said earlier - any time you go to the web and find hundreds of posts about problems with anything, you have to remember that those that are happily using it are generally the vast majority that have no reason to seek out the forums to join the complaining. The forums make things look like a majority have problems, when the opposite is generally true; the silent majority. If I go to Newegg and find the reviews on a product are 95% positive, I can presume that 99% of the users are satisfied.

To those that are going to switch, just do it and don't bother constantly telling the rest of us about it.
    Y'know, I would LOVE to switch--but I'm not made of money and can't buy a BlackBerry 8830e without selling my 700p on eBay first.

And I can't, in good conscience, sell my 700p on eBay without the MR on it. Unlike Verizon or Palm, I would actually feel BAD about screwing someone out of their hard-earned money!

If you don't like to hear frustrated Palm users griping, why the %$&#*@! are you reading this forum!?
    Quote Originally Posted by llarson View Post
    Must be nice to have so much money that throwing $700 out the window is easy to do.

Many of us can't be so easy come, easy go when it comes to these types of purchases.

You are the type of person that manufactures love because they know you won't complain and won't send in the rebate and will simply walk back into Circuit City and buy something else.

Wish I could put my $700 mistake in a drawer and feel good and walk out and spend some more.
    No, but you can sell your on eBay, switch it via Retention (if you're a Sprint customer), etc. The main point of that particular post seemed to be that repetitive spamming of the boards with negative messages contributes to a very toxic atmosphere, which makes it unwelcoming to folks who want to come here to read about other things.
    I am satisfied with my 700P, but I am still upset that Palm keeps dangling a fix in front of it's customers and withdrawing it. That is nothing short of disrespect and very poor customer service.

The BT issue I have is due to using a headset that isn't on the compatibility list. I didn't have many issues when I used the Jabra BT500 though after I stopped turning BT off on the device.

I don't really see the lag in switching apps, though I do see a lag when typing text messages. I very seldom get resets, but I perform resets every morning which I think helped to minimize issues with my device. Some users think performing daily resets is too much of a hassle. I would rather take 5 minutes a day to reset it and not have any issues, than not reset it and have many issues throughout the day.
    I pretty much agree with everyone. If you think the 700P is terrible, you have every right to complain on this forum, vent, call Palm or your carrier, buy a different phone or suffer in silence. You can even try to sue. If you think your 700P is fine or the venting is useless, you have the right to not read the complaints and you have the right to complain about the complainers.

I do think it is unfair to yell at some low level phone rep for the company's problems. Write a letter to the CEO; He or she gets paid a lot more and actually could influence things. Also, while I am in no way defending Palm (I think the company has gotten away with putting out buggy products for too long), I can understand why as a matter of corporate strategy they've previously refused to predict release dates. Now that they have, they got everyone angry when they had to announce it was delayed. (And we don't know whose fault that is.) I'm not saying that you don't have a right to be frustrated by the delays (I am), but I suspect there are people within Palm saying "I told you so" to whomever suggested they be more open.

I've had a Palm since the Pilot days, and have had a 600, 650 and now a 700P on VZW. I have the lag and Bluetooth problems and my phone randomly resets (though never during a call). Of course, I'm frustrated. Still, I'm sticking with the 700P on VZW for now for a very simple reason; even with these problems, it's better for my needs (YMMV) than anything else I've tried. I stick with VZW because it has the best coverage for me (I know that for many, Sprint is better, but not for me) and this limits the available phones.

I hope the MR for VZW eventually comes out and cures all the problems, but I'm not counting on it. Whether it does or not, the day VZW starts carrying a phone that does what I want and is more stable than the 700p, or another carrier provides the coverage I need and a phone I want, I'm moving on. I feel no loyalty to Palm or VZW. It's business.

Yes, I think that someone should be able to produce a Smartphone that is stable, takes a lot of third party software and has all the best features of the Palm without the instability it's now infamous for. Until then, I'm just going to have to weigh the problems and the benefits and decide what works for me.

Of course, as long as I continue to buy phones from Palm, I'm also part of the problem; The best way to get Palm to stop putting out problem plagued phones is to stop buying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Has anybody here tried a 755p?
    Yes. I just got mine. The bluetooth still doesn't work right. It is better but still not right.

Has anyone ever considered that the reason the MR keeps getting delayed is not because Palm is "screwing with us" but because their product is NEVER GOING TO WORK RIGHT AND THEY SIMPLY CANNOT FIX IT. They keep trying and trying and delaying and delaying because the 700 series cannot be fixed to their or anyone's satisfaction.
    Ding...we have a winner..lol
    The rom update delayed yet again, eh? Im telling you this is just AWESOME.
    Can a company possibly do anything more to cement your confidence in them for future investments with them?

Palm, you are a stunning phenomenon to behold. Truly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Yes. I just got mine. The bluetooth still doesn't work right. It is better but still not right.

Has anyone ever considered that the reason the MR keeps getting delayed is not because Palm is "screwing with us" but because their product is NEVER GOING TO WORK RIGHT AND THEY SIMPLY CANNOT FIX IT. They keep trying and trying and delaying and delaying because the 700 series cannot be fixed to their or anyone's satisfaction.
    Well if this is the case then they sould just come out and say "We screwed up and can't get it right" and then offer some sort of compensation weather it be a partial refund, a replacement(i.e. 755 or what ever VZW comes out with next)... something... this constant delaying is pointless and non-productive in the end... I would rather hear "we can't fix it so move on" than "we have it fixed... almost"
    why do people keep whining about $500-$700 I just wont believe that people pay retail for these things. At least not the type of people who frequent the forums.
    I find it amazing that there are those who really think that most people are really satisfied with their 700's. Yes, Palm has lead the industry with form factor and features, which has led to such a high volume of their devices in the wild. We bought these devices because this was the best out there.

However, there is not a day that goes by without me speaking to at least several people with this device. Most, by a long shot, are generally disappointed. Maybe not to the point of anger where they threaten to leave Palm, but enough to stir interest in other devices. I speak to at least one person a day that has left for a BB.

Now, there are plethora of new devices on the market (or soon to be) that really exceed the Treo's capabilities. The new 6800, the i760, the Vox/Libra (yes, a smartphone, but the cleanest design yet), and the BB's are stealing the Treo's thunder. When the Treo became popular, there were few other devices to choose from.

I said the the Foleo may be the death of Palm. This actually is a possibility. We know that they spent 2 years creating this device. It will be amazing if they don't take a massive loss on this. If Treo sales slip due to people leaving for other devices, Palm could be in deep doo-doo.

In actuality, my 700p is not terrible. I am hoping that this update will keep me happy for another year. Maybe, Palm will release a significantly better phone by then. If so, I will stick with them. If not, I will leave. It's that simple.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    One of the things I find fascinating about this discussion are the myriad of problems inherent in the 700P. But they are not common across the board. My bluetooth functions fine. I don't use it alot so maybe I have been just lucky. I don't use alot of third party software, but then why should I have to worry about that. It IS a PDA, no? Even PALM warns about the issues with third party software causing lags and resets. So wouldn't that be a software engineering issue then??

Case in point, I've been trying to find a player for MP3 ringtones. I bought LightWave 1.7. It worked marginally well, some things worked and others didn't. Upgraded to version 2 with the same issues. Ringtones play, SMS's don't or are chopped off. I complain over at MyTreo.net and usually I get a "try this beta" response. But it still doesn't work. Other people with 700P's respond saying "it works fine, rock solid" on my machine. Many have the same software replacements (Agendus, 2Day etc)

I have systemic problems with SMS and Agendus. They come and go with upgrades or different versions, but when you go to their forums for assistance, many times you get "I cannot reproduce."

How is it possible that two or more of the same model phone act so differently with the same operating system. I know some programs replaced LIBMAL which I think is an operating system file and you might expect that uncoordinated efforts might FUBAR the works, but in most cases, don't third party software programs just tap into existing code?

Full disclosure: I only paid 120 bucks for my 700P. I upgraded to the 650 through the Motorola V710 lawsuit (cost me $70 bucks) but dropped it in the toiled and got the 700P as an insurance replacement (another $50) The first one they sent me was reset city. Assurion replaced it with another NEW phone that I have now.

I'll hang onto this for another year maybe, till the new every two comes up again. Even with everything I have invested in Palm Software, (though I still carry an E2 for work, can't carry a cell phone there) it may be time to look elsewhere.

b.b.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast